LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What the health documentary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the health documentary
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About food, milk, meat, GMOs, cancer, allergies, diabetis, heart diseases ....

What the industry does NOT want you to know.

What the Health documentary

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
There are still some errors in this. Overall, good but it's sad to seem some errors that I attribute to their bias against certain food plans.

After watching "The Magic Pill" . . . the information about grazing animals here is far better than in the "What the Health" as they did not go wide enough with some of the solutions.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved it!
Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder, if we follow all the good advice for food, we end up eating nothing... There is nothing that is good except if you plant your food in your own garden and eat it raw.

I watched it with an open mind.

Hard to say what is 100% right or wrong, but I like to listen to other opinions.

I also don't agree with their OK sugar view (because added sugar is addictive, it also goes to certain brain receptors like casein...), but it's interesting to see their view on animal proteins, fats and milk.

It makes us think about how wrong all the industry went. AND how health organizations are just playing the game of the industry because they are FINANCED by the meat, dairy industry...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Interesting point at 43 minutes: the only guy who accepted talking to the film maker: American Association of Diabetes.

Just watch the next 5 minutes to see how a nice, blue collar man of good manners AVOID talking about what foods are good and bad for diabetes.

It feels like the topic is taboo, you start to see his facial expression changing, all his good manners disappearing.

Talking about food is NOT what he wants. He refuses speaking about food, and stops the interview.

No one attacked him, but he behaves as though under RED ALARM bomb attack.

This is more than clear as a reaction.

Their SURVIVAL depends on finances coming from the MEAT and DAIRY industry: they are then not allowed to talk about cutting meat and dairy from start.

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
The thing is, and if I recall correctly, my one concern is they did not point out that there are many ranchers who are not part of the industrial meat industry . . . the organic, free range, grass grazing ranchers were not even brought up as an alternative.

In "The Magic Pill" the science and ecology of how land is turned over - and by doing so even changes the air - literally - in healthy manner with proper outdoor, fresh air and thoughtful ranching, rotation methods, building soil back up . . . well, that was illustrated so well. The cycle of rotation is essential.

No film can stand alone, of course, and "What the Food" has many good aspects yet just can't quite stand alone. They did get right the part about advertisers and pressure from the "industry" - I just wish they would have pointed out where some are doing it right.

I'd say the best parts are that this film will serve to open some eyes and ask "how else?" and "who else" might be doing it better. They just did not show all the better ways but it does leave the viewer asking the questions.

Not sure if the film talked about why it's so hard to gather the facts and show film inside chicken, beef, pig industrial cages but they are protected by the government laws from the agricultural committee, etc. Some very fierce laws protecting the corporations.
-

[ 07-04-2018, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Keebler, their main point is that animal protein + fats is simply CAUSING diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity.

That includes eggs and milk products, meaning, all animal proteins.

That is the main POINT of the film.

You may agree or not with that, I just watch it with an open mind.

I know that dr Rau of Paracelsus is a great advocate against high protein diets, because he says that is THE main cause of any chronic disease (lyme disease included).

Almost the exact same products that are NOT recommended by the film are not recommended by dr Rau either, not for lyme, not for MS, etc...

A coincidence, because the theory behind both 'approaches' is different.

Dr Rau is more concentrated on gut health, microbiotic flora health, pH balance in the whole body to allow the immune system to kick in.

But funnily, they arrive at the same conclusion: animal protein, and protein must go drastically down in our diets, so that our bodies can absorb minerals, vitamins, nutrients again, and give our liver, pancreas, gut a break.

Even dr K. is changing his view on animal protein, now recommending a much more plant base diet.

So I guess, it's not a matter who is doing good or bad: their point is:

Want to get better?

Possibly, animal protein is what must go out of your plate.

It doesn't matter if organic or not (to this film).

I'm not an advocate of this theory, I'm just saying what is the central point of the documentary.

each one should take your own conclusions!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

It just makes me think:

Borrelia cannot be killed by VERY high temperatures, nor very low temperatures, right?

Viruses are not even considered proper living beings, more like loose protein molecules that have some life-characteristics (like reproduction).

It is very hard to kill something that is not even really alive.

so whatever meats we are eating may be contaminated with many bacteria or critters that will NEVER be destroyed by our current methods of sterilization.

they are grown in extremely dirty, sick environments, full of drugs, GMOs, vaccines, illnesses, and killed fast so that the problem does not get bigger.

We are eating them, day by day, the whole ill carcasses, just ingesting them daily, full of drugs, pesticides, GMO genes and pathogens, pus, whatever else...

Suppose they are organic, more clean, less packed on each other. That does NOT prevent bacterial contamination, parasites, viruses.

The same antibiotic resistant strains from non-organic farms will not be avoided.

If Borrelia cannot be killed by hundreds of degrees of heat, imagine what we are eating?

The sheep, goats and cows around my house are in very little numbers, from small farmers. They are being bitten and infected, like us.

Ticks are all over. Organic or not.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
claim: "Borrelia cannot be killed by VERY high temperatures, nor very low temperatures, right?"

No. There is zero evidence to that that statement.

What I have read -- though I do not have the research citations so can't evaluate statements nor the authors (it might be found with a search) , , ,

Borrelia cannot be killed by heat in the body of a human being at a heat that would safe for a human.
-

alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason the diabetic association doesn't want to talk about diet is because they get kickbacks from Big Pharma.

It's a business and they'd be out of jobs if people cured themselves.

Eat as many carbs/sugars as you want, we'll just increase your dose of insulin and metformin to compensate for the junk food (more money for them!), as your health goes down the toilet.

If the news got out that people have reversed ('cured') their Type 2 by eating a strict low-carb, keto diet (which includes meat and some high-fat dairy), then they'd be out looking for another job. That's their fear.

So, no, the diabetic association doesn't want to talk about food, about restricting carbs to cure Type 2 Diabetes. Their greed is literally killing people.

Also, I ate a relatively low protein (vegan) diet when I contracted Lyme. And I ate a low-carb, so a bit higher protein diet as I healed from Lyme. So it's doubtful high protein would be a factor, at least for me. Perhaps it depends on a person's genes.

I've heard that intermittent fasting helps give your gut a rest (going 12 hours minimum to 18 hours without eating each day).

And I emphatically agree with the doctor that restoring gut flora is essential for the immune system. My Lyme neurologist, when she sent me on my way told me to supplement with pro-biotics every day for the rest of my life.

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Dr K says "Borrelia cysts can survive 600 degree C or pure hydrochloric acid"

600 C = 6 x hotter than boiling water.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Pasteurization does not kill all pathogens in milk, consequently, not in cheese either.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15992306

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement