LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How much matcha is too much?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much matcha is too much?
zeitgeist
Member # 17280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zeitgeist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Group

I have been in incredible pain since I stretched on an inversion table for the first time in many months.

I have been going to a good chiropractor for the last few weeks. He is really amazing and I've known him 15 years.

He is wondering since the pain isn't going away quickly if I have a "female" issue like a "fibroid" or if I have something going on with my liver which causes referral pain in my upper back.

I have been taking two rounded teaspoons of organic matcha green tea in coconut milk every day for more than half a year. I always feel good and peaceful after I drink it.

But is it toxic for me if I do too much???!!

Does anyone know??

Has anyone else incorporated matcha green tea into their daily diet??

Even good things can be over-done and I don't want to do that.

I don't take any antibiotics or anything else for Lyme Disease, I just do hyperbaric treatments in my "Vitaeris" chamber which I bought for my Lyme Disease pain and treatment,

Any experience with Matcha green tea will be so welcome to me!

Thanks
Zeitgeist

Posts: 44 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Organic green tea (which your matcha is- it's just powdered green tea) is not toxic if it comes from a good source. I'm not sure where you ever read or heard that.

Two rounded spoons a day is not a high amount of this, anyway.

You say that you " always feel good and peaceful after I drink it."

I don't see anything here but benefits, then. Your body is telling you this gets along with you. While even green tea contains some caffeine, it also contains something that helps the body deal with stress, L-theanine.

If at any time you feel jittery or have insomnia, just cut back or stop earlier in the day. You might also have one spoonful in a.m. and the second one just a couple hours later if that works for you. To take 2 T at once might be wasting the effects inside your body a bit if it's all processed out at once.

While I'm certain it's not causing the problem you describe, you might look into the coconut milk, though, to be sure it's organic and the lining of the can is not plastic or tin.

If you are concerned, you might be able to use an organic coconut butter in a glass jar and whip up in a blender with fresh water and your powdered tea.

Artisana org. coconut butter is my favorite. VitaCost has a good price. It's very condensed.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This summer was my first experience with a good organic matcha. I was surprised it did not send me to the moon. I would use about one spoonful in 16 oz. glass jar and shake it before consuming throughout the morning.

I never notice that it did anything for me though glad my very sensitive CNS did not warp out.

Easier than heating up my kitchen for hot tea and I - must - have my green tea. I prefer steeped hot teas now that weather is cooler, though.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Going back to your first statement, though:

". . . in incredible pain since I stretched on an inversion table for the first time in many months. . . . " (end quote)

I would stop now with the inversion table. You don't say if you do this ongoing or if it was just once, though either way, it appears the red flag for me.

Seems that is much more likely to be the problem causing the pain increase than the wonderful tea you are consuming.

I'm not sure those with lyme should ever be on an inversion table due to the way it could make lyme spirochetes very "angry" and take it out on nerve fibers, etc.

Unless - just the very slightest of "backward" inclines to help lympathic tissue flow -- or to help talk pressure off the spine / neck with NEUTRAL position.

But the moment there is pressure on the spine, neck or brain that can be too much and cause damage in some cases.

The connective tissues for those with lyme can be quite compromised. An inversion table can be an assault, even if in slow motion on the way down or back up. You could have injured yourself in various ways.

The heart tissues could also be stressed in various ways.

And, the inflammation in the brain and spinal chord are not going to react well at all under such pressure. The pressure is the consideration. Remember the tissue all throughout the body can be very compromised for those with lyme / other stealth infections.

If you are getting spine or neck manipulation, I'd also stop that now. Something is causing this pain. Not sure if the DC you see is ILADS "educated" or not (even if a good one) . . .

I recall a lecture by a LLMD years ago (sadly, I did not save the link or recall the name) but he was emphatic against any of the sudden twisting techniques that some use for anyone with lyme who has inflammation in the spinal chord, neck or brain..

UPLEDGER Institute (Google it) has a very gentle approach that you might explore or be sure if you get chiropractic treatments they are gentle on your spine, neck, brain..

Hope you feel better soon. Be sure to only do very gentle techniques with whatever mode you use. Take care.
-

[ 11-11-2018, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zeitgeist~

Matcha is very high in antioxidants (much higher than regular green tea), so I would be cautious about how much you drink when using mHBOT. Same with other high dose antioxidant supplements (antioxidants in whole foods are fine).

One of the many benefits of mHBOT is that it uses free radicals to disarm pathogens, while increasing your endogenous antioxidant production.

If you upset this balance with too many concentrated antioxidant supplements, you may create a stalemate and lessen this beneficial effect of mHBOT.

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE matcha!

If I could, I would drink it on and on and on. It costs a bit too much, so I don't. I mean, a good quality matcha.

If I could, I would make sweets out of matcha, cakes, anything. In Japan, I used to buy those cakes (not very healthy), but that was one of my sins: matcha ice cream, matcha mandju, matcha milk...

I love its bitterness.

If you feel relaxed, good for you!

I have much more trouble with coconut milk: hard to digest. No problem with matcha so far. It was love at first sight!!

Most people dislike it, though. Too bitter for them.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long ago were you on the inversion table? Since it started then, I'd suspect it. Going upside-down can stir things up a bit and it takes time to work it out.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement