LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Weaponized Ticks? CBS News

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weaponized Ticks? CBS News
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House passes amendment ordering Pentagon to review whether U.S. experimented with weaponizing ticks
By Emily Tillett, July 16, 2019 /CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-passes-amendment-ordering-pentagon-to-investigate-whether-ticks-were-weaponized/

The amendment, passed by the House last week by a voice vote, would require the Pentagon inspector general to examine "whether the Department of Defense experimented with ticks and other insects regarding its use as a biological weapon between the years of 1950 and 1975."

Smith said he was inspired to add the amendment to the annual defense bill by "a number of books and articles suggesting that significant research had been done at U.S. government facilities including Fort Detrick, Maryland and Plum Island, New York to turn ticks and other insects into bioweapons."

(full article at link)

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are gaining momentum.
Mainstream media is picking up this story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7256309/House-bill-orders-Pentagon-reveal-used-diseased-ticks-biological-warfare-experiments.html#comments

Advocate. Advocate. Advocate
Keep the pressure on.
Fight for past, present, and future sufferers.

Write your congressman today;

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bartenderbonnie:

Write your congressman today;

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Good idea, Bonnie, and thanks for the timely reminder.

Our Reps and Senators will be back in their home districts soon during their summer recess break, so this an excellent time to visit their local offices in person, too.

I'm planning to order several copies of Kris Newby's book "Bitten" to give to each of them -- my 2 Senators and especially my Congressional Rep. while he is here in his home district -- in hopes that they might have time to peruse through it, or at least to assign a staff person to read it for them.

https://www.amazon.com/Bitten-History-Disease-Biological-Weapons/dp/006289627X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=21U97FMYW3AW2&keywords=bitten+the+secret+history+of+lyme+disease+and+biological+weapo ns&qid=1563388288&s=books&sprefix=Bitten%2Caps%2C149&sr=1-1

I might even decide to throw in a copy of the older 2005 book on BW, "Lab 257" by Michael Carroll too, just for good measure.

https://www.amazon.com/Lab-257-Disturbing-Governments-Laboratory/dp/006078184X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2/130-8601474-9999847?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=006078184X&pd_rd_r=1a7f1032-a8c1-11e9 -8ac9-99abdd4c7eef&pd_rd_w=mbxL3&pd_rd_wg=0LzA3&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=ZGHF5BZZJ300GS3W0DPS&psc=1&refRID=ZGHF5BZZJ300GS3W0DPS

Even if they don't take time to read either book, having 2 books on the same subject of BW should make it much harder for anyone to ignore this matter.

(I'll need to review Lab 257 again first, before deciding whether to include it or not, because it has been so long since I read it.)

Gotta' get busy ASAP. This task seems daunting, and time is short if we want to be really effective.

[ 07-17-2019, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: TX Lyme Mom ]

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN NEWS

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/lyme-disease-amendment-investigation/index.html

CTV NEWS CANADA

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/ticks-as-bioweapons-u-s-house-orders-pentagon-to-investigate-1.4511825?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d2f85730ca7240001cb9 82c&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lab 257 has a pretty scathing case. I don't know if the scientific evidence would be considered sufficient or not.

As an aside, I got my TBD's about 1 1/2 miles from Plum Island---uncountable known tick bites over my whole growing up and young adult life there, tons of ticks. We didn't know it was a problem. We didn't even know that Plum Island existed; it wasn't on the map, I don't think.

I can't imagine that the government will want to be honest about this, but we can fight for it. The truth will out, I hope. It's such a dark history with tragic results.

Also an aside, my FIL was drafted to work at Ft. Detrick as a pathologist who specialized in anthrax. He later died of ALS. It may or may not have been related, but you have to wonder.

[ 07-17-2019, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Rumigirl ]

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think ALS is Lyme disease - Dr Martz of CO, who's retired, treated his ALS with antibiotics and recovered.

It's possible Kris' new book is driving this. If so, yayyy!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree, Robin, about ALS being from Lyme. I didn't know anything about it at the time. Not that he would have listened to me about it anyway. For the most part, doctors are steeped in the regular medical views, as we all know too well. ALS is a brutal disease. Duh!

BTW, Dr. Martz lived and got function back, but he was never fully recovered, as he told me several times. If I remember right, he said he was at 60%. However, what he did accomplish is/was tremendous.

Most likely he still has to treat. It beats the alternative.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TX Lyme Mom.....I'm not too sure about Michael Carroll for several reasons. His main conclusion (while he did mention early biowarfare research)was that we needed more control of the island by the government because of all the sloppy maintenance and security.Those twoo things were his main focus. He listed me in the acknowledgements of the book so he knew who I was by name but not by sight. I attended one of his book signings and he had the same conclusion there. I raised my hand and asked him...why...if the government might be responsible..either accidently or intentionally for the Lyme outbreak then why on earth would we want more government control of the Island? He stumbled and said that's a good question and said that his thought was that the government had more money than private companies and therefore would do a better job. I introduced myself after the talk and got my book signed. When he learned my name he said "I was wondering who you were that you would ask such a question. He was real nice, thanked me for our emails and phone calls..
and gave me his email to let him know how I liked the book. I had already read it. The former mayor of NYC encouraged him to write the book. Carrol worked for him in some Taxi financial corporation. I tried emailing him after and others have tried to contact him. I believe he is now in Cal but he never responds to anyone. I also think he acknowledged alot of Lyme activists in his book to perhaps placate those who were speaking out and make it seem as if something constructive has already been done so now no one else has to really do any more about exposing. Also when you make others feel important they often side with the person who is the subject. Flattery is often used to win people over. I'm not saying anything for sure but it just seems that something is not right. Homeland Security took the island over after his book came out.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evin98
Member # 50026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
I think ALS is Lyme disease - Dr Martz of CO, who's retired, treated his ALS with antibiotics and recovered.

It's possible Kris' new book is driving this. If so, yayyy!

Yup.

May also be caused by other pathogens. "ALS" is just a description of symptoms, most of which are generic symptoms of brain infections.

Posts: 8 | From Gainesville FL | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evin98
Member # 50026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daystar1952:
TX Lyme Mom.....I'm not too sure about Michael Carroll for several reasons. His main conclusion (while he did mention early biowarfare research)was that we needed more control of the island by the government because of all the sloppy maintenance and security.Those twoo things were his main focus. He listed me in the acknowledgements of the book so he knew who I was by name but not by sight. I attended one of his book signings and he had the same conclusion there. I raised my hand and asked him...why...if the government might be responsible..either accidently or intentionally for the Lyme outbreak then why on earth would we want more government control of the Island? He stumbled and said that's a good question and said that his thought was that the government had more money than private companies and therefore would do a better job. I introduced myself after the talk and got my book signed. When he learned my name he said "I was wondering who you were that you would ask such a question. He was real nice, thanked me for our emails and phone calls..
and gave me his email to let him know how I liked the book. I had already read it. The former mayor of NYC encouraged him to write the book. Carrol worked for him in some Taxi financial corporation. I tried emailing him after and others have tried to contact him. I believe he is now in Cal but he never responds to anyone. I also think he acknowledged alot of Lyme activists in his book to perhaps placate those who were speaking out and make it seem as if something constructive has already been done so now no one else has to really do any more about exposing. Also when you make others feel important they often side with the person who is the subject. Flattery is often used to win people over. I'm not saying anything for sure but it just seems that something is not right. Homeland Security took the island over after his book came out.

Everything you say here is right on. That’s exactly how these guys operate.
Posts: 8 | From Gainesville FL | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look who got shut down by CDC. Fort Detrick!

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/health/fort-detrick-lab-shut-down-after-failed-safety-inspection-all/article_767f3459-59c2-510f-9067-bb215db4396d.html?fbclid=IwAR2ooRg7mVbJx GhiHmVni4CduYqyr5_Ffpzqi5jK7A3SNI6p42FzfhljrGI

Don't know if this is a CYA?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice if the truth came out, but I'm sure any weaponizing of lyme will always be top secret.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement