LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » i.v. rocephin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i.v. rocephin
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spoke to my llmd yesterday, not doing great on oral meds, switching them around again but she mentioned trying iv. rocephin. I am quite nervous to do this but hopefully I will get some feedback as to what you guys think of this. Has anyone done it and if so, could you please tell me about it and did it help.

thank you so much for any help.

Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That might be the best way to go! Give Scott a call, he'd have the best knowledge on that Linda!
Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might help! Be sure to take flagyl also so you can get the cyst form.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_
If I recall correctly, this is the Rx that REQUIRES one also start taking BEFORE a specific Rx for Gallbladder protection.

Be sure to check on that. And also other tick-borne infections that are not affected by any antibiotic (Babesia, just one example) should be considered, too, so they can be addressed either concurrently or pulsed in between or afterward.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone. Right now I am going on ceftin, plaquenil, and rifampin to see if they do anything before any iv's. I am very scared to do iv treatment but will if necessary.
will keep you updated.

oh I am also transfer factor too.

Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay in the battle lindadanis
You can do this. 💚

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariel21
Member # 35881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariel21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be afraid of IV. Been doing it for years.
Posts: 95 | From new york | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

thank you all very much. Bartenderbonnie, I am honestly trying but its so hard. Everytime I take medication, I get more anxious and dizzy, I am sure this is herxing and I don't know how to handle it. My llmd never told me ugh. I believe Epson salt baths and lemon water, correct? My daughter is getting married in two weeks so very stressed out which I am sure is not helping matters.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just wish my dizziness/balance would get better. Somedays I cannot even drive., today was one of them. I also have terrible brain fog, ugh.

lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Another question, if I have to do IV can I do it by myself, I live alone. I think she was referring too a picc line?
mariel21
Member # 35881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariel21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do it alone. Takes one minute to hook it up.
Posts: 95 | From new york | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

thank you Mariel21. I appreciate your help.
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Avoid hot baths for many reasons. best to do, a cozy warm one, no more than 20 minutes. Be sure to inse in warm water, too - not cold as some do - cold is too much of a shock.

Also, if you have any kind of urinary or genital irriation, best to avoid all baths and go for short, just cozy warm showers. Rinse in water that is just a little cooler, but nothing that is a shock.

Epsom salts can be very, very, (did I say very) irritating to the skin, too. Never again for me. I did a lot of damage with Epsom salts baths.

If the skin on your feet is sturdy, you could soak feet in warm (not hot) water with a little epsom salts, be sure for a full rinse off. Just as much magnesium can be absorbed that way through the feet as in a full bath and it's so much kinder to the skin and tender tissues.

Good luck. More detail here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too. Magnesium, Links here, too.

Be sure to copy this link to your Health Links folder for easy finding.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariel21
Member # 35881

FYI- Rocephin can be done via a push for 5 minutes instead of dripping from a bag. Very convenient as opposed to other drugs which usually require an hour.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
With your daughter's marriage in two weeks . . . I hope you can just stop doing anything that is not necessary . . . take time and care with what is . . . schedule in REST, really.

This time is precious so it's no time to push any kind of treatment or even harsher support stuff. any support you do should (always, really) be kind, gentle and soothing.

Take in the good moments of the next couple weeks. This is what matters most. Take care. Enjoy what matters.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler is correct .. get some milk thistle ASAP if you go on Rocephin.

I hope you will begin each med separately in case you react to one.

Rifampin is a tough one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

thank you all very much. My daughter had lyme many years ago and I remember she could not tolerate rifampin, but don't remember why. she has been on 4 pills per day but she is starting me on all of the oral meds at once., not sure why but I won't do that. I know better.

Can you please tell me why everyone says rifampin is tough?

lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note on my IV experience. I have had a PIC line and a port. The port is superior IMO and from my experience.

Yes, you can do the PUSH method, I did. It is a lot of medication to hit the system in 5 or 10 minutes.

Once the delivery system is installed, one can do the setup after you've had a bit of training. You can also see YouTubes on the setup process.

See this free e-book created by a Lyme patient on IV. Tips on many levels!!! I don't think it goes into having a port which can last for years when taken care of carefully. MY last one lasted over six years.
https://issuu.com/lymeunderground/docs/infusingforlymies

You have probably already checked on your insurance coverage.

Enjoy the wedding!!

Good luck!!

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Rifampin... Gave me the headache from he** and I had to stop it 5 days later. I will never take it again.

Hopefully, you won't have that reaction.

Smart you for taking one drug at a time. Then you know which one is causing trouble.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement