LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » COVID Vaccine safe for Lyme Patients

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COVID Vaccine safe for Lyme Patients
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's taking the COVID vaccine when it's available.

Would love to know if any long term lyme patients out there have reliable info from their LLMD's. What are they recommending?

I had debilitating Neuro lyme and am largely symptom free after treatment. Don't want to rock the boat but am thinking of taking it when it's available. Have never taken a Flu Vaccine.

Are we considered "at risk or vulnerable" part of the population? ie..would we get it earlier than others?

I've done lots of Vaccine research so please no conspiracy related replies here, thanks.

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might have to bite the bullet and do it. Just heavily detox and pray ill be ok. I just started a new job that I absolutely love, it's in Healthcare ( business/ administration side) and worst case scenario I don't want to lose my job if I decline or wait. I gave them my medical exemption form for the flu shot and they were fine with it (thankgod)

A vaccine for Covid gives me so much relief and hope. However for someone with Lyme and Cos and who was injured by vaccines last year I am worried. If I become more sick and the vaccine triggers something ugly then what? Still lose my job? ☹

It's a gamble.

[ 12-04-2020, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Mountainsky ]

Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Lyme patients have severe Immune disfunction.
We simply don't make antibodies. Putting any vaccine in my body would be fruitless.

Did Lyme cause this Immune disorder or did this Immune disorder cause us to be unable to clear Lyme out of our bodies? Please get your IgG sub-classes tested.

A VACCINE MAY NOT BE THE ANSWER!

Dr H has conducted his own study on Lyme patients within his practice and to date, not one has ended up in the hospital. Hospital clinical trial is next.

Here he lists his exact protocol for preventative and active infection treatments;
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3559511577470948&id=558833517538784&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Good luck finding ivermectin. Many stores have pulled it off their shelves.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No thanks. Not for me. I have MCS and MCAS and I know it would throw me for a loop .. and with possibly permanent complications.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nucleotide
Member # 52226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nucleotide     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've done lots of Vaccine research so please no conspiracy related replies here, thanks."

If you actually did any substantial amount of vaccine research you wouldn't be taking it.

(editing out a couple remarks - people can make comments here but keep them courteous please)

[ 12-06-2020, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 10 | From kansas | Registered: Oct 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Lyme doc is able to treat any patient who gets covid- says symptoms are down in 48 hours. Not true that people need a vaccine to treat covid.

I have taken lots of Vit C, Vit D, turmeric and a mushroom extract and I have had 3 negative tests. Pretty good for someone with an immune-compromised illness, yeah?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon team. Have you seen the symptoms of long haul COVID and how they are identical to long-haul (Chronic) Lyme?

Why would any of us what to risk getting that?

I know vaccines can and do cause issues, but for me I'd much rather roll the dice with the most heavily scrutinized vaccine in history rather than get COVID and face another decade of long haul symptoms. It just isn't worth it.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already have the long-hauler symptoms. It's called MCAS.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymetoo!
I have MCAS too but I am seriously considering the vaccine. Some think Covid-19 causes significant vascular damage and can affect any part of the body. Heart attacks, strokes, eye issues, permanent lung damage, permanent heart damage and the list goes on and on. When I read the facebook group posts of long haulers they sound very much like us and chronic fatigue syndrome patients. Lots is still unknown about post covid issues.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is MCAS?

I was just going to post this same question about the vaccine. I really don't know what to do. It seems you could damned if you do, and possibly damned if you don't.

I never got totally well from lyme. Got reinfected too many times. Don't need Covid, and sure don't need to be a long hauler due to a reaction to the vaccine.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a RN who had a vaccine injury which was really the downward spiral of my health I would say wait. Not never, just but wait and see.

Personally, I won't ever get another vaccine; however, I don't think they are all bad. I would just wait and see how it goes with the general population before you jump in. [Smile]

Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MCAS Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. I believe I have that, as I am allergic to everything. I take a lot of quercetin and sometimes benedryl. I can no longer tolerate antibiotics because of it. Trying to build up the gut flora, but not having much success. So much inflammation.

I may just wear a mask the rest of my life.

Thanks Keiko for the good advice. I have not had a vaccine for decades. Your story concerns me, and I will definitely wait and see. Just wear a mask the rest of my life, maybe.

--------------------
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcb1200:
C'mon team. Have you seen the symptoms of long haul COVID and how they are identical to long-haul (Chronic) Lyme?

Why would any of us what to risk getting that?

I know vaccines can and do cause issues, but for me I'd much rather roll the dice with the most heavily scrutinized vaccine in history rather than get COVID and face another decade of long haul symptoms. It just isn't worth it.

Agreed, thank you!
Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must educate yourself. Put in the time and work.

Emergency COVID-19 Vaccine May Cause Massive Side-Effects
https://tinyurl.com/yddpfkr7

Major safety questions still remain. None of the trials included immunocompromised volunteers, so the effects of these vaccines on people with suppressed immune function is wholly unknown.

Australia Ends COVID-19 Vaccine Due To HIV Antibody Positives
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/australia-ends-covid-19-vaccine-trials-due-to-hiv-antibody-positives-2337285

Data showed some patients developed HIV antibodies towards fragments of a HIV protein, which was used in the vaccine to stabilize the vaccine. What????????????

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already lost the link, but I read a warning somewhere which warned that persons with bad allergies might have trouble with the COVID vaccine, which made me think immediately of MCAS patients.

I had intended to post that article immediately, for fear of losing track of it, which is exactly what has happened. I promise to come back and post it here, if/when I'm lucky enough to find the link again.

Until then, here's what our daughter's old allergist from any years ago used to do to protect her whenever she needed any kind of flu vaccine or other immunization. He broke the dosage down into two (or more) smaller dosages and gave them a couple of weeks apart.

It's been too long ago for me to remember any of the specific details, especially about the timing of subsequent dosages.

What I do recall is that this method was very effective for her. She did not suffer any major setbacks this way.

I suspect that many allergists would be open to this idea because they are already familiar with super-sensitive patients -- in case you need to go doctor shopping in order to find someone open to this idea.

Obviously, this method would not be feasible for the vaccine (from Pfizer?) which requires super-cold storage because it decays very rapidly at room temperature, but most of the other COVID vaccines from other manufacturers do not require extremely cold storage conditions.

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to post a video from a LLMD about this subject, but the link doesn't activate.

This doctor feels positive about this vaccine because it doesn't introduce any virus into a person's system, but instructions for the immune system. When he says to weigh the risks, he's saying it's life threatening for people with LD to get covid-19.

Basic summary:

3 reasons for thinking twice about this type of vaccine:

1. If you have ever had a severe reaction to anything. Severe doesn't mean a few days of headache, or plugged up sinuses, etc. This means those who carry an epi pen with them all the time. This applies to all vaccines, not just the covid vaccine.

2. Some people have an autoimmune illness that can be proved with blood tests. Not all people with LD have autoimmune blood markers. If they do, there is a 1% chance they will have problems with a vaccine of any kind. So, they have to weigh their risks, the vaccine's possible negative outcome against risk of dying with covid-19.

3. If a person had a vaccine of any kind in the past, and it caused a serious relapse of lyme disease (not just a month or two of feeling worse).

This vaccine is so different from any before it, there is no information about people with LD taking it. There's no information about long term effects.

end of summary

My friend who works in the ER of a local hospital is going to hold off and see how it goes, but she is very healthy and protects herself well.

I'm inclined to wait and see. That is risky for a person who catches every little thing that comes along

[ 12-31-2020, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: daisys ]

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
My Lyme doc is able to treat any patient who gets covid- says symptoms are down in 48 hours. Not true that people need a vaccine to treat covid.

I have taken lots of Vit C, Vit D, turmeric and a mushroom extract and I have had 3 negative tests. Pretty good for someone with an immune-compromised illness, yeah?

What does your doctor do to beat Covid-19 in 2 days? What you just listed?
Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TX Lyme Mom:
I've already lost the link, but I read a warning somewhere which warned that persons with bad allergies might have trouble with the COVID vaccine, which made me think immediately of MCAS patients.

I had intended to post that article immediately, for fear of losing track of it, which is exactly what has happened. I promise to come back and post it here, if/when I'm lucky enough to find it again.

OK, here's the link to the article which I thought I'd lost. It was still open on my computer.

Funny thing though: I had first seen the link to that article posted right here at LymeNet, by Bonnie, in her message immediately above my previous message! Thanks, Bonnie!

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/12/08/coronavirus-vaccine-side-effects.aspx

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to get the vaccine. Too many allergies and history anaphylaxis reactions. However, I am now taking Vitamin D3 and zinc for protection. There have been small studies on Vit D3 with covid 19. Also, smart doctors are well aware the benefits of Vit D3 and respiratory illnesses because it was already in studies long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwaq4oRnpjY&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1o2VFQfh1mSOmWn4mlOMieJVt1SHxSAKnax5MiSKRkn4IuG_4xrPkLHTA

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by TX Lyme Mom:

Exactly. It's recommended in the UK that anyone who has to carry an epi pen should not get the vaccine.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

More info:

https://acaai.org/news/american-college-allergy-asthma-and-immunology-releases-guidance-risk-allergic-reactions-pfizer?fbclid=IwAR0sUWYp19b1lzcSjOZUAY1AMg-KT78Yq_LN6gjYzqTJgnsGnsK6 OjPJAGc

"Data related to risk in individuals with a history of allergic reactions to previous vaccinations and/or mast cell activation syndrome/idiopathic anaphylaxis is very limited and evolving."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-vaccine-allergic-reactions-study/2020/12/21/e01001d2-431a-11eb-b0e4-0f182923a025_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_s ource=facebook&fbclid=IwAR06s38EzXTrpDeeExhegP21pquhRz0_DfY6X73yzR9rAaMHRFJhwRBDE8w

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisys:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

What does your doctor do to beat Covid-19 in 2 days? What you just listed?
Ok, here's his list:

1) ViraClear - a homeopathic remedy that helps to clear respiratory illness. Available on Amazon as a cherry-flavored syrup and tincture. Said if ill, to take 4x the normal dose 4x/day, and have at least 2 bottles on hand. Made a pretty strong statement that taking ViraClear early on has a good healing impact.

2) Safecell glutathione - said if already taking it, double it - ie if taking 2 pills in the am, add 2 at noon. Watch for sped-up feeling, insomnia. 60 capsules in a bottle, 300mg each.

3) upped Vitamin C - said to take 3x more than what normally taking (me - I really up it)

4) Noxylane - it's a shiitake mushroom enzyme extract. Said if on it, up it to 3 pills 2x/day.

Just giving instructions verbatim. Obviously for first-time users, see how any of it goes.

Most recently, he said 48-72 hours for clearance of COVID sx in his Lyme patients!

[ 01-13-2021, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Thank you!
Might be good to have this stuff on hand...of course, I have the Vit. C.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Risks of Covid-19 mRNA vaccine to those with chronic Lyme Disease and other neuro-inflammatory conditions, plus preventative and alternative treatment options:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/01/31/covid-19-vaccine-gene-therapy.aspx?ui=bbe5915fe75d998fd4d12ec07a2608f4ac51b11f547ace6cc7a32a6963ff4b88&cid_source=dnl &cid_medium=email&cid_content=art1ReadMore&cid=20210131&mid=DM790791&rid=1072374347

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

What is MCAS?

https://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=036299;p=0

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rivendell
Member # 19922

Well, I got the first part of the Moderna Vaccine yesterday. I was really afraid. I believe I have MCAS, as I am allergic to everything, always fighting inflammation. Never got totally well from Lyme.

But, the new variants are scaring me. And all the people that are dying from this.

So, I just went for it. Had to wait 15 minutes after the injection. Felt anxious after shot. And I think my imagination took over. I have been dealing with panic issues the last couple of years, so most likely was just that. The only true symptom that I know for sure was real, was a sore arm.

Today, I don't feel any different that usual.

I go back in a few weeks for second shot/booster, which can sometimes cause more symptoms.

Will let all you know more about how I do with that.

But this was done while in my car. Then we parked and waited for any serious reactions. They had an ambulance and medical team present for such things. And the hospital was fairly close.

Thought I would share.

P.S. I am scared of vaccines, and usually don't get them.

[ 02-02-2021, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Rivendell ]

--------------------

Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would eventually like to get the vaccine. Not anytime soon though. The *earliest* maybe this summer. Esp not when I am in the brunt of treatment.

That new variant frightens me too. Vaccines scare me for sure more than Covid. Its a tough decision . I was personally injured by one almost 18 months ago. Its a gamble, for sure but a very important personal decision. Nobody should be bullied or negatively swayed to take/not take it.

My work knows I am waiting and they have been great and accepted my flu vaccine exemption. I was rest assured it wasn't mandatory, for anyone. Mind you I work in healthcare ( they don't know I'm sick).

Good luck Rivendell I'll pray you'll do well 🙏 positive vibes sent your way! 🙂

Quite a few of my coworkers got sick after their 2nd shot but within 48 hours they were fine. Not sure why the 2nd does that.

Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisaloo
Member # 12909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's a no for me. My Lyme became symptomatic after a flu vaccine. Can't imagine what would happen with this where people get really sick after the 2nd vaccination.

Plus with the new strains the effectiveness is too low to consider. my doctors say don't get.

--------------------
Lisa T

Posts: 42 | From madison wi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

My Lyme symptoms have never gone away. And I know this stuff is still in my body. I think it hangs out in my skin, joints, and brain. Zithromax helps me the most, but had to stop because my poor gut couldn't take any more, plus ringing in my ears

I take a few Buehner herbs and rub essential oils on my skin. That stuff (essential oils) is potent and knocks me on my butt.

I'm 67, have asthma, and just dealt with breast cancer. I feel so vulnerable.
So I went for it.

Haven't had vaccines in decades, and never had a flu vaccine. But, I always thought feeling sick after some vaccines was normal.

And I get the flu, or something bad, every two or three years, but since Lyme never completely left, wouldn't know if the flu brought it back or not.

So it is a gamble, and no one should be bullied either way. And if you have suffered an injury from a vaccine, it is good to think this through very carefully.

Just sharing my experiences to help the rest of you to decide one way or the other.

And I can always change my mind about the second shot, although I am preparing myself to go through with it.

I have such a fear of an allergic reaction. Don't know if taking Benadryl before this next shot would help. I have taken Benadryl before getting Kat Scans.

I am not in Lyme treatment now. Don't know what my doctor would have said.

I used to get Bee shots for allergies. Got those weekly and did okay, but boy my arm would get so red.

Thanks for your good vibrations and prayers. Best Wishes in your decisions.

[ 02-04-2021, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Rivendell ]

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell, hope you do not have a negative reaction to the covid vaccine.

Please keep us posted.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

I will post when I receive my second shot. Thanks

--------------------

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

I have been refusing vaccines for many years, but have decided to get the Covid-19 vaccine.

It's a choice between 2 risky decisions. I believe covid-19 is far worse than the vaccine. With my health, I know I should never catch this virus.

I stay at home, and my husband is very careful when running errands for us. I went to one appointment where everyone was very careful. Yet, somehow I caught the seasonal flu. I'm fine now, but see how easy it would be to catch Covid-19.

This is a hard issue to decide on without all the facts we need to make an informed decision. I respect whatever others do. Those who have to live with their decision should make their own choice.

Tryal - one of the 6% cured of LD
Member # 52275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tryal - one of the 6% cured of LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not according to this tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoonFix2/status/1358883498111688704

Posts: 67 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, the quotes in that tweet came from Mercola's article found in my previous post above.
Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it’s not safe, it’s not like any other vaccine. Thankfully Covid is very treatable.

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don’t believe e a tweet. And the md in Mercola’s interview has been discredited. She doesn’t even believe in wearing masks. Bet she wouldn’t let a surgeon operate on her if he or she didn’t wear a mask.

But if you are concerned about mRNA vaccine wait for the Johnson and Johnson.

I know 3 people who have died from covid. And two who are long haulers, so I don’t agree that covid is very treatable.

Just my opinion.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Since we still know very little about Covid-19, including its origins and the circumstances surrounding it, I feel it is important to keep an open mind and consider all sides, even (especially) those that have been censored. The information in the article is definately worth consideration, IMO.

After all, has the public ever been fed the truth about Lyme Disease?

Robin123
Member # 9197

I personally think it's safer to strengthen our immune system naturally. That way, we can fight off anything.

I usually get a lot of flus. This year, because I was scared of the covid virus, I upped my immune boosting 2-5x, and as a result, only got a couple flus, maybe like 3 in the whole year.

I went for virus testing during my first one, wondering. Got a negative test. I asked them how would we know if we had the flu or the covid virus. Answer - we don't know!

So, as a result of really good daily immune boosting, I've been the healthiest I've ever been, and I'm now 15-20 pounds heavier, because I normally lose weight during the flus, and I haven't had that chance this year!

So, here to report immune boosting is working out great, but I've got weight gain to show for my success - lol.

sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning to get the covid vaccine, when it is available to me.

My Lyme treatment was years of abx, then LDI which got me pretty well. Then I got hit with mold, worked on that and got better. I was doing great, then last April hubby and I both got covid.

The symptoms were bad but our O2 sats were okay and we didn't need hospitalization. Since then we have struggled with post-covid symptoms: chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain, some neurological symptoms, etc. My doctor found my IgG for EBV quite high, activated by covid?? Now treating with herbal tinctures and feel like cr*p.

We know of people who died. Both my elderly parents got it and survived, but Dad now has some new heart issue. I read one of the Lyme docs online said he thinks that Covid is dangerous enough for his patients that he does recommend the vaccine.

In my case, I don't know if my system will make antibodies? Who knows. But I think it will be at least worth a try. The new variants are so contagious, I don't know how people will be able to avoid them. I sure don't want to get this again. I'm 67 now.
Just my two cents.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

My current LLMD says if I get the vaccine, be sure it's J & J. I don't know how that one is different.

My previous LLMD gave me the impression that yes, getting the vaccine is risky, but getting Covid-19 has a much higher risk of death.

Sillia, what is LDI?

Rivendell
Member # 19922

I got my second Moderna shot this past Monday. I was feeling great that day, and had no allergic reactions. But I have started taking Zytec 10 mg. twice per day because I am allergic to everything, so maybe that helped.

Yesterday, the day after the vaccine, I felt very tired with brain fog. Would have thought it was lyme stuff, but realized it was most likely the vaccine.

Today, I feel a little better, but still sluggish.

I am glad I did it, because of the awful things this virus has done to people. One of our local meterologists anchors a morning show. She is young, lots of charisma and energy.

She got covid last November, and has not recovered. The station would not renew her contract. Very sad.

And we all know what it is like to lose so much of your life to an infecion.

But, each person needs to decide what is safe for them. We are all different.

Good luck to all of you in whatever you decide.

And, if I go down hill later, and I think it is due to vaccine, I will let you know.

--------------------

unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rivendell, great news, so glad you are feeling okay after vaccine number 2!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you got it.

The Famous Dr. H says to get it and prefers Moderna/Pfizer to J&J.

The highly respected Dr. M also says to get it or rather that it is safe for lyme patients. He did a whole video on it. See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwhJmasuXo&feature=youtu.be

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patty7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patty7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BartenderBonnie, thanks for the Dr H. link mention. The video was very informative. Haven't gotten to the other shared links yet.
Posts: 194 | From Pa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

I have always stayed away from vaccines, but this is a crazy time.

I have tinctured herbs that might help with the covid, in case I or my husband got sick with it.

Normally, I would try to treat viruses naturally, but with this, no one knows what will happen.

Sometimes its mild. Sometimes people slowly get sick.

But some people start off feeling under the weather, and within a few hours, they can't breathe, and are heading to the hospital for oxygen.

In that scenario, there wouldn't be time for herbs, or making an appointment for an ozone treatment or other types of healing that might otherwise work.

So, that was the main deciding factor for me.

Once you are in the hospital to breathe, you have to take their treatments, so..

Good luck to all of you.

Hopefully herd immunity will come soon, and those who are afraid will be okay.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to jump in here and let you all know that as someone who has mast cell issues I had an incremental Moderna vaccine for Covid at my allergist's office yesterday. It was give in 3 separate shots of 10%, 30% and 60%. I was monitored with an Oximeter off and on and checked regularly. Outside of a very sore arm I had no reaction to the vaccine.

I've never had a vaccine outside of childhood vaccines so this was my first and I was super nervous since I have bouts of anaphylaxis.

I'm totally fine today and worked outside in the yard.

I'm scheduled for my second full vaccine on April 19th and will report back.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh also wanted to let everyone know that I did fast 9-10 days, more on than off, with liquids such as coffee, broth, protein drinks, etc. to get my histamine down.

I think that helped me not to have a reaction. My histamine level when tested was over 1300. Normal is like 200-300, hence the fasting.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moons
Member # 48609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received the two dose Pfizer vaccine. No reaction from first dose. Itchy for two hours at the second injection site.
Posts: 20 | From New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
severalbites
Member # 52106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for severalbites     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did both shoots .I was fine.i am in remission

--------------------
neuroborreliosis bartonella babesia

Posts: 13 | From massachusets | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in remission, but I have low IgA. After careful consideration and research, I had both doses of the Moderna vaccine on schedule.

I buried a family member to Covid last year. The data for three vaccines here in the US is quite good. My reasoning for taking it is that I know people with long Covid and have seen healthy friends hospitalized with it. It's nice to see family again.

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

My LLMD today gave me the green light to take it.

She's very comfortable with it and said the risk of covid is more severe, she has seen no adverse reactions in her patients that received it.

Ultimately it's my choice though. But I can honestly say I'm getting more comfortable and open minded about taking it.

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically, we won’t know more until some vaccinated Lyme people get Covid: then their experience would be enlightening.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

First, do we even have any data on how UN-vaccinated people with Lyme have reacted to Covid-19?
hiker53
Member # 6046

Phoiph-I agree with you I would like to hear from people with Lyme who have not been vaccinated but have had Covid.

I don’t think I’ve seen any of those stories on this site.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Here is how Lyme patients reported their experience with the COVID-19 vaccines.

COVID VACCINATION SIDE EFFECTS
Lyme Patients Similar to General Populations-MyLymeData

https://www.lymedisease.org/covid-vaccination-side-effects/

About 1/3 of Lyme patients participating in MyLymeData’s COVID-19 Vaccine Survey said they have been vaccinated.

MyLymeData participants reported similar side-effects as the general population. In fact they reported fewer side-effects, yet these results aren’t entirely clear.

But. . .

Some patients reported Lyme flare-ups (Moderna 28%) (Pfizer 25%).

A majority of Lyme patients reported that their chronic Lyme places them in a high-risk category for severe disease (75%).

This survey is on-going and this is the preliminary results. Enroll in MyLymeData to participate:
https://www.mylymedata.org/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
Phoiph-I agree with you I would like to hear from people with Lyme who have not been vaccinated but have had Covid.

I don’t think I’ve seen any of those stories on this site.

I find it curious that I know of no one, and can find no reports of people with Lyme having contracted Covid-19 on this site or even with a Google search.

I just posted a new topic on the subject to see if we can get more information.

hiker53
Member # 6046

My friend told me about several nurses with Lyme. They all got the Covid vaccine and never got Covid. They had no ill effects from the vaccine and all got it in December or early January.

Several said if you would see the patients dying a horrible death from covid you would get the vaccine.

I got the 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine. Only side effect was after second dose was sore arm and headache for less than 24 hours. I feel relieved.

--------------------
Hiker53

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Just to be clear, I am not trying to debate the "vaccine".

I just find it curious that we have not heard more from anyone with Lyme (unvaccinated) that has had Covid-19, and would like to know their experience.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Lyme patients are very cautious and take their health very seriously. I think this may be the reason we haven’t heard many contracting COVID.

I personally do all my shopping in the mornings, wear 2 masks, wear safety glasses, always open doors with antibacterial wipes, socially distance, clean off carts, clean purse handles and bottom, and sanitize constantly. No one is allowed in my house.

Too say I’m scared is an understatement.

Here is one of Dr H’s patients who contracted COVID and did a video of his experience. Dr H has stated not 1 of his patients has been hospitalized with his COVID protocol.
https://www.lymedisease.org/roth-horowitz-covid19/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks, Bonnie~

Yes, I agree that people with Lyme are likely more careful and are less exposed unfortunately due to many being homebound to some degree.

Even so, they are still exposed to others in their household who are out working, etc., so you would think we would hear of more cases, even on this site.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement