LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doing really well during covid!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doing really well during covid!
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all - I checked with my doc when covid started and he said to increase what I was already taking for immune support. No covid, and no increase in Lyme symptoms.

This has been my daily protocol:
1) up to 10gms of Vit C
2) 5000IU Vit D, as liquid drops. Each drop is 100IU, so it's a dropperful and a half, squirted into something with fat in it, so I squirt it into the cereal milk
3) capsules of turmeric powder, one in the am and pm. 00-size capsules. Turmeric is anti-inflam.
4) capsules of Host Defense. Each capsule has 17 dried mushrooms in it. Mushrooms are anti-viral. We can also just eat a lot of mushrooms.

I've been out the entire time, since I need ongoing chiro care. I've had 3 negative tests so far. So I'm feeling like the immune boosting program I'm doing is working!

I am SOOOO sorry that this conversation is not allowed by the Dept of Public Health. I have really tried, but they shut down the conversation. I really think Lyme patients could teach them a thing or two about how to protect the immune system. And there are so many different supplements we use, too. Mine are just 4 of them.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, Glad you are doing well!, [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes to the Vitamin D3 supplements!

This is an excellent way to reduce influenza and death from respiratory problems.
There are a number of studies that support this. Here is a recent one:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7468980/

You may want to look into taking Vitamin K along with your D3.

Another thing to keep on hand is Oscillococcinum.
I've had two occasions to use this and found it effective.

Elderberry extract is also good to cut short symptoms.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessica0fhryoung
Member # 52277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessica0fhryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can certainly understand why you are concerned. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I am sure that it is not easy when your kids are working. My hubby is also an essential worker, and I wipe down everything daily, too. He is still so nervous that he will bring something home.

I am happy that you have spoken to your doctor and have taken the test. I hope that it is negative. If not, did your doctor mention if he would send you to the hospital? I am sure waiting is the worse part as you will worry until you hear back. Did your doctor offer any relief tips in the meantime as far as symptom management? I realize that this is a huge concern with having PH. Let us know how we can support you. Please keep us posted, will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
No

Posts: 1 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessica0fhryoung:
I can certainly understand why you are concerned. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I am sure that it is not easy when your kids are working. My hubby is also an essential worker, and I wipe down everything daily, too. He is still so nervous that he will bring something home.

I am happy that you have spoken to your doctor and have taken the test. I hope that it is negative. If not, did your doctor mention if he would send you to the hospital? I am sure waiting is the worse part as you will worry until you hear back. Did your doctor offer any relief tips in the meantime as far as symptom management? I realize that this is a huge concern with having PH. Let us know how we can support you. Please keep us posted, will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

jessica .. I think you are on the wrong thread.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement