LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What do LLMD's suggest about Covid vaccine?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do LLMD's suggest about Covid vaccine?
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in finding out what LLMD's say about those with Lyme getting the covid vaccine.

It may be too early to tell the effect of the vaccine on people with Lyme, though.

I don't want this thread to turn into a thread about "don't get the vaccine."

A friend and I really would like to know what LLMD's suggest and if any of you have gotten the vaccine.

Thank you.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to get an answer to this as well. I'm personally concerned about getting the vaccine since I have Lyme. I already had covid and feel I am protected with natural antibodies but don't know how long that will last.

Surprised no one responded to this....

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first LLMD sent out a newsletter that pointed out some serious medical issues that would cause a person to think hard before getting the vaccine. Lyme disease is not one of them.

He said even if the vaccine caused a relapse, he would recommend getting it. He said to weigh the risk of having reactions to the vaccine with the risk of dying of Covid-19.

I saw a video of another LLMD say just about the same things.

My current LLMD recommended the Pfizer vaccine the last time I saw her. That was a few months ago.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the Pfizer Vaccine over a month ago and except for a short term headache after the second dose had no ill effects at all.

And this vaccine is over 85% effective against the new Delta variant. Gives me peace of mind although I admit I still wear my mask quite a bit.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does the vaccine raise the immune system like they say?
Posts: 509 | From southern new jersey | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start researching, marie.

A discussion on vaccines is difficult anywhere, but especially here. (at least for me)

You need to find a source of truthful information, wherever that may be.

[ 06-15-2021, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD gave me the green light on the Phizer or Moderna, not the JJ. I was actually gonna take the JJ. I got both doses of the Phizer and thankgod I've been fine.

It was still my decision at the end of the day. I don't regret it.

💚

Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD was very against me getting the vaccine. He uses ivermectin instead. Every 2 weeks I take a dose.
Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terv .. I have ivermectin on hand.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD isn't for or against. He is fine if his patients get it. I got both Pfizer. zero issues.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, at this stage it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says about "vaccine" safety, LLMD or not...because the truth is, NO ONE knows the short or long term effects for any one person or population. It is all speculation, and way too early to draw any conclusions.

I would trust the doc who says they really can't predict the effects, explains your options and alternatives, and acknowledges it is a personal decision.

Posts: 1883 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We point-blank asked my husband's doctor his thoughts on the shots. His doctor is very concerned about the lack of science behind the shots and absence of double blind studies...he is all about the science, of course. He is a functional doctor, so another red flag area of concern for him was the ingredients within the shots...not only the ingredients themselves...but the lack of clarity and transparency of such ingredients. The final thing that he mentioned was the adverse reactions that has been reported to VAER, which he brought up on his computer the site to show us. He, also, has seen in his practice in relation to the shots some concerning situations. He understands the fear involved with passing on the shots and vice versa. I have known this doctor for over 14 years...he saved my daughter's life when she had chronic Lyme and is doing the same, now, for my husband. He is not anti vaccine...he encouraged my husband to get a certain vaccine because of his medical situation...and is for single vaccinations for children...spread out over time and when they are a bit older than infants and he will do that for those parents who feel the need. But...it is an individual choice and in no way would he judge either way on a patient's decision...we asked, and he told us.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my previous dr said NO WAY to vaccine for me.

another I called recently told me they won't see ANYONE that isn't vaccinated!!! I couldn't believe it!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement