LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » new diagnosis Anaplasmosis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new diagnosis Anaplasmosis
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got diagnosed with anaplasmosis via alternative testing.I have never been diagnosed with this one before...

I am not sure I want to only treat with the herbals my diagnosing alternative (PhD) dr. RX. , and my regular LLFMD I see this Thursday, but she don't treat with ABX either.

How can I get "real " testing to make sure or to show to my other "regular" drs. like PCP, hepatologist, etc???

our dog had a few black legged ticks on him this year and it might have come from that. ugh.

Is there a good reliable test out there to easily get, or is it elusive like the lyme test, et al?

meanwhile they can't figure out why my liver/biliary isn't doing well and now having possible kidney things happening.....

as usually, I have no idea what to do. help if you can please

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one thing I don't know anything about.

I hope your LLMD will be able to take care of you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't looked into it an any detail but i know igenex do test for it - and i think that would be my first stop as they are generally regarded as about the best lab in the USA

they have an info page on it here that gives you the basics

https://igenex.com/disease/ehrlichia-and-anaplasma/

note the possible cross reactivity of antibodies with other infections in the rickettsia class

so you may wish to do test for a number of those - and perhaps PCR as well - a that is advised if infection is long term/not known when contracted

Stonybrook is another lab used by LLMD's in the USA with a good reputation

Posts: 245 | From UK | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr H. just posted about the rise in Anaplasma yesterday.

https://m.facebook.com/558833517538784/posts/anaplasmosis-cases-have-been-regularly-rising-in-the-past-several-years-and-have/4365325530222878/

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LisaK... my LLMD in CA, Dr. CG, tested for and found anaplasmosis (one of those ehrlichioses, HGE or HGM), when I just was NOT getting anywhere in treatment.

I can't recall which lab she used because this was around 2008-ish. However, it was a very reliable positive. Most likely Igenex, as I lived no more than 5 miles away at the time.

Wish I could look that up for you, but my medical records are all quarantined presently. Anyway, I do remember feeling a whole lot better once that was addressed, so there is hope!

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you should get a lab test for this. IGenex is good, I agree.

If it is positive via a lab test, IMO, you should get doxycycline for it (that is the abx for this). This is a serious pathogen.

And, contrary to popular opinion, which says that it is easily treated, my experience is that if it is chronic, it can take a while to get rid of it.
Ask me how I know!

For years I had seriously low WBCs, neutrophils and platelets. A hematologist almost hospitalized me for it. It was the Anaplasma. When I got rid of that, finally, the WBCs and platelets normalized.

But, maybe you just got it recently, in which case it should be easier to get rid of.

IMO using diagnosis with only alternative means, ie, no lab test, is irresponsible. And many of the TBDs are not eliminated with herbs alone.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumigirl,

What other symptoms besides low WBCs, neutrophils and platelets did you have?

I have been struggling with low WBC for years. my platlets are fine. Neutrophils on the edge of low.

What was your wbc?

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the numbers, but, as I said, a really wonderful hematologist was completely alarmed. He wouldn't let me go away for the weekend, insisted that I come in for blood tests daily, and was on the verge of hospitalizing me.

A friend's doctor boyfriend was also alarmed when he heard about the low platelets, WBC, and neutrophils (a kind of WBC).

Symptoms---I couldn't separate symptoms from that as opposed to other TBD, but severe fatigue, air hunger, coughing, etc., etc. Anaplasma is known to cause low WBCs.

People even die of it, although surely not most.

LisaK, please get blood tests for it (and any other pathogens), and good treatment. Do NOT rely on herbs for Anaplasma, if you have it!
With what I've been through, I find it appalling that people are diagnosing with only alternative means, and treating only with herbs.

I know that people can also have fevers. I forget the whole symptom profile. Look it up. But, of course, going by symptoms alone, it is hard to know what symptom is from what pathogen, except for th obvious ones.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
I truly appreciate your input.

my TBD dr. did not think I needed a test for anaplasmosis, she is just treating me for it. I finished my treatment and feel like an (almost) new person. I did treat with herbals and homeopathic.

I have so much more energy I don't know what the heck happened. I am treating Bart now (again no ABX) and I feel terrible with bart herxing, but im hoping to get through it as best I can.

about anaplasmosis....

I do want to make sure it's gone, so I will mention to my Pcp, but the drs around us don't seem to believe in much of anything "strange" like lyme and cos... so what can I do???? They want me to go to the infectious disease drs here and they are HORRIBLE.

they will test me from their lab and when it comes back negative they wil say it now went away.

they did this with my b.duncani test from igenex that was screaming positive. they all say" You can't have that, lets retest" and then there it goes.....

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad you are feeling better!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did they treat you for it?
Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

thanks Lymetoo!

terv, I took an herbal kit from Monastery of Herbs that includes cilantro and chlorella and other herbs.

I would love to get a lab test and see if its still there, but that will probably never happen

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement