LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » In preparation for a vaccine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In preparation for a vaccine
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you who've already received the jab could you please state what would be the best preparation for a Lyme and Co. infection sufferer
Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milton
Member # 52455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone who has had to deal with lyme and co's I personally don't want to throw a wrench in the works of my immune system so I take Usnea every day.

I been taking it for about 5 years now and haven't had a cold or flu in that time.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5890523/

“Derivatives of usnic acid inhibit broad range of influenza viruses and protect mice from lethal influenza infection”

https://www.iherb.com/pr/herb-pharm-usnea-1-fl-oz-30-ml/12344

Posts: 29 | From Kansas | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't do anything different before my covid vaccine except continue my current supplements of magnesium, zinc, milk thistle, calcium, and vitamin D.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milton
Member # 52455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This new study is saying that the virus has already mutated to make vaccines ineffective.

www.nature.com/articles/s41423-021-00779-5

"The spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 variant A.30 is heavily mutated and evades vaccine-induced antibodies with high efficiency"

Posts: 29 | From Kansas | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some still need the vaccine to work at their job and get further protection fyi.
Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Milton, the article you cited isn't talking about the more common variants like Delta or Delta+

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the input,

I absolutely don't want the vaccine but I know in order to participate in any kind of a normal life [or what's considered normal toady]
I will need to show proof with the "official certificate"

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mountainsky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree echorox,

I see both sides of the issue. It's frustrating I know.

Posts: 597 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milton
Member # 52455

Well if you're going to get the vaccine to get the "official certificate" you might also want to use some prophylaxis.

Since the vaccine works well when you have a good immune system but there are loads of people who don't have a good immune system, like people with lyme disease.

I'm not worried about it ecause my lyme protocol already has a few things in it that nuke that virus.

But you wouldn't want a breakthrough infection because you might end up not being able to make very good decisions.

www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/health/covid-neurological-psychological-lancet-wellness/index.html

"A third of Covid-19 survivors suffer 'brain disease,' study shows"

So if Covid takes root it will shut your immune system down, one way is PD-l1 over expression and that will tell T cells not to attack virus infected cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8215357/

"PD-L1 Dysregulation in COVID-19 Patients"

"Specifically, PD-L1 upregulation is induced by SARS-CoV-2 in infected epithelial cells and is dysregulated in several types of immune cells of COVID-19 patients including monocytes, neutrophils, gamma delta T cells and CD4+ T cells. These results have clinical significance since highlighted the potential role of PD-1/PD-L1 axis in COVID-19, suggest a prognostic role of PD-L1 and provide a further rationale to implement novel clinical studies in COVID-19 patients with PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitors."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLr2hqJlrY

[ 10-30-2021, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: milton ]

Mountainsky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51857

I work in healthcare I am well aware of breakthrough cases.

Someone in my department had it recently. She's elderly and was out for almost 2 weeks and still is very exhausted from the ordeal. She received monoclonal antibodies.

Regardless of being fully vaccinated you still take precautions, absolutely esp ppl like us in the Lyme community whose immune system is in the tank.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement