LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It’s Here! New Published Protocol by Dr H.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It’s Here! New Published Protocol by Dr H.
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the 1st published protocol for Chronic or Post Lyme patients, with short and pulsed treatments!

Up to 50% remission in failed Lyme treated patients and up to 63% for failed Lyme and Bartonella patients.

Dr H describes it as his life’s work.
Thank you Dr H. 💚

Yesterday at 11:28 AM ·
Good news. Our paper on high dose dapsone combination therapy for the treatment of chronic LD/PTLDS was accepted for publication. Please see the link below and share broadly with the chronic disease community.

https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/11/7/912

I want to explain why I think this paper from Phyllis and myself may be one of the most important ones we have done.

As you know, double dose dapsone combination therapy has appx a 50% remission rate in those with CLD/PTLDS for one year or longer, if all abnormal MSIDS variables were addressed, and if they didn't have persistent babesia or bartonella.

This paper addresses the 50% that failed double dose dapsone, and the most important take home point is that it was not just the time on the antibiotics that determined success and remission, it’s the dose of the persister drug.

In the case of dapsone, 200 mg per day worked much better than 100 mg per day.

And a 4-day high dose pulse of 400 mg per day of dapsone, with higher doses of methylene blue, which hits both Lyme and Bart persisters, ended up giving us roughly another 33% of patients that went into long term remission (and some of these were active Bart!

This means that this protocol provides the first short term antibiotic protocol, i.e., 8 weeks of double dose dapsone and one 4-day pulse (or more) (i.e., 9-10 weeks total of oral, generic antibiotics) that results in roughly a 66% long term remission rate.

I am doing my annual physician training this Aug, and the docs attending will be trained in the protocol and can all be theoretically included in a multicenter study (we have about 35 enrolled so far).

This is the study and the randomized trial I have been waiting to do for years.

It should prove to the world once and for all the role of persister/biofilm forms of borrelia and bartonella, the role of co-infections like persistent babesia,

and how MSIDS variables like low adrenal function, POTS, mitochondrial dysfunction, mold and heavy metals, mast cell activation, etc are what we are finding in the thousands of patients we have been helping.

It’s a paradigm shift from a one disease, one cause model to a multifactorial model with several underlying forms of inflammation and downstream effects of that inflammation causing symptoms in chronic Lyme/PTLDS.

The paradigm will most likely have some positive applications to other chronic fatiguing, musculoskeletal illnesses with neuropsychiatric symptoms like CFS/ME, FM, long COVID, ASD, etc.

For the Lyme community, this is big news and is the culmination of over 30 years of my research trying to find a cure.

We now have the first short term antibiotic protocol for chronic Lyme with a reasonably good long term remission rate with some efficacy against resistant co-infections.

We still have to figure out details on how to improve efficacy against chronic Bartonella infections as well as babesia (tafenoquine is not enough in all patients who have failed Mepron and Zithro and Clinda and Quinine, Coartem, Malarone, cryptolepis, etc, please read the article),

but the RCT I would like to do next year should be the bridge to allow other researchers and clinicians to take what we have found and improve upon the efficacy, looking at higher dosing of new and novel persister drugs.

Considering that 14.5% of the global population has now been exposed to borrelia sensu lato species, and at least 20% go on to CLD,

that implies that 3% of the 8 billion people worldwide now have chronic Lyme (240 million) and a 2/3 success rate with a short term, oral, generic protocol using HDDCT would help 160 million chronic disease sufferers.

If that turns out to be true, my life’s work will have been a blessing in disguise.

Thanks to the MSIDS Research Foundation for their support in helping to get the article published, and please share widely with the broad Lyme community!

https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/11/7/912

(I have broken up this post for the Neuro-impaired)

** as far as I know, we are still editing names of LLMD's **

[ 07-09-2022, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Something positive is very welcome.
Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone's LLMD be open to implementing this?

Mine wouldn't.

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr H conducts Physician training 2 times a year, up to 80 LLMD providers at a time. There are over 200 providers trained in the Dapsone protocol.

When calling a LLMD, ask if they provide this protocol.
Or you could call Dr H’s office and ask if there is a LLMD in your area that is now implementing the Dapsome protocol.

https://m.facebook.com/drrichardhorowitz/posts/here-is-information-on-our-annual-lyme-and-tbd-training-course-that-i-will-be-do/5249278385160917/

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This protocol mentions in combo with methylene blue. I looked it up and it says it's given in an IV to increase oxygen delivery. Does anyone know anymore about methylene blue or whether this protocol has to be done in conjunction with methelyne blue tx? There are also allergies, hives, etc mentioned as possible side effects to this dye.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement