LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Treating reactivated EBV, everyday I feel worse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Treating reactivated EBV, everyday I feel worse
stefi42
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefi42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

Going through a rough one here. I’ve been stable for 3 years now. After getting COVID in March 2022, I started to feel not so great anymore. In April I realized I was having more bad days than good and went back to see my LLMD.

EBV and Myco are reactivated and very high. My doctor wanted to start me off slow with Lauricidin, colloidal silver, and things to reduce inflammation since my HS-CRP and homocysteine are at an all time high.

Since I started treatment again, everyday has been worse. I have a stiff neck, 24/7 headache, lymph nodes that were already swollen are now larger and very painful, extreme congestion, my POTs is worse than ever, fatigue, and brain fog.

What can I do the have some relief? I keep calling out of work bc I feel too weak. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Posts: 113 | From Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try natural anti-virals.

Elderberry would be an option.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try Lauricidin. Start slowly,

“ Lauricidin is a naturally occuring, non-toxic solution for persistant viral and fungal infections such as herpes, shingles, and Epstein Barr, and candida.
When used properly it can be one of the most effective tools in your natural arsenal against these stubborn infections.

https://expertnutrition.com/blogs/news/lauricidin-review-and-how-to-take-monolaurin

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I have viral symptoms, I take L-Lysine, sometimes for months.

Also, what works well for me is Enzyme Defense, by Enzymedica. It's digestive enzymes: Protease thera-blend, catalase, serrapeptase and mucolase.

It needs to be taken on an empty stomach. I take it in the middle of the night when symptoms of a virus are keeping me awake.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on Valacyclovir for about 10 days. I was disappointed that LLMD didnt go the natural route. I was worried about the side effects but didnt get any.

I think I am getting better. If this works but EBV reactivates again I think I will do the l-lysine on my own.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on Valacyclovir for about 10 days. I was disappointed that LLMD didnt go the natural route. I was worried about the side effects but didnt get any.

I think I am getting better. If this works but EBV reactivates again I think I will do the l-lysine on my own.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
light2720
Member # 52711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for light2720     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there -

I have a very similar story - I got covid in the fall, and it reactivated mono for me and Lyme flare-up. My Lyme doc prescribed Valacyclovir for the EBV, and it has been helping me with energy. (I went back on antibiotics and supplements for Lyme. I didn't see a difference with my other symptoms with Valacyclovir, but definitely a lift in my fatigue levels).

--------------------
Have a great day!

Posts: 4 | From IL | Registered: May 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are having a lot of success with Lauricidan. There is a Lyme doc that did an interview about it. He has all of his Lyme patients on it.

BUT!! Start really low and work up. Or it can cause a horrible herx. He starts most on 1/4 tsp once daily and works up to twice daily. Then ramps up from there.

I found even 1/4 tsp too much and dropped to an 1/8 tsp once daily.

See if adjusting the dose on it will help you feel better.

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement