LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Five Steps to Candida Elimination

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Five Steps to Candida Elimination
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This program was designed by my naturopath, Gary Brewer. I hope it helps others as it has helped me.

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

Foods safe to eat:

breads .. low carb breads by Atkins, low carb and Ezekiel breads by Food for Life, low carb tortillas, brown rice bread, low carb pasta and noodles

vegetables of color .. green, yellow, red, purple, etc... like squash, broccoli, cabbage, kale, bok choy, sweet potatoes, celery, spinach, romaine lettuce, collard greens, broccoli slaw, brown rice, basmati rice, millet

olive oil, lemon, organic apple cider vinegar, garlic, onion, limit to 1 oz sugar-free dressing daily

eggs, plain yogurt [NO sugar or fruit added], small amounts of butter, UNsweetened soy milk, Keto milk, kefir

chicken, fish, and turkey, baked or broiled, not fried

Snacks....seeds and nuts...pumpkin seeds, celery with almond butter, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened soy butter, roasted soy nuts

Fruits...Granny Smith apples, lemons, limes....fresh or frozen only

Beverages....WATER, herbal teas like Pau D'Arco, Echinacea, and aloe vera

FOODS TO AVOID:

Sugars: white sugar, honey, aspartame, equal, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, most fruits, canned fruits and fruit juices, syrups, soft drinks, cakes, cookies, chocolate

White flour breads and products: hot dog buns, hamburger buns, bread sticks, crackers, whole wheat breads, prepared foods with bread crumb coating, noodles, pasta

white veggies: potatoes, white rice, grits, also corn and all canned vegetables

alcohol and fermented foods, including soy sauce and cider, ginger ale, beer, wine, vinegar, sauerkraut, pickles, relishes, most dressings

dairy products....milk, cheese, ice cream, flavored yogurt

red meats, pork, bacon, sandwich meats, salami, bologna, hot dogs, sausage, etc

peanuts, peanut butter, pistachios

all other fresh and canned fruits and fruit juices not on the "safe" list

Beverages: colas, sodas, fruit juices, pop, sugared drinks, coffee, or caffeinated teas and drinks, fruit punch, etc

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 01 December 2003).]

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Miss Tu-Tu!!

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE !!!! back up
Posts: 740 | From frederick,md,usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is excellent!! Thanks TuTu.

I tried doing this. At the same time I was trying to chase away the yeast, I was having some allergy testing done and found I was allergic to several foods. My doctor wanted to put me on an elimination diet. Most of the foods that I was showing allergic reactions to were the safe foods!!!! Chicken, kale and water were fast becoming my only source of nutrition!!!! It was pathetic!

I've fallen off the wagon a bit which is only benefitting the yeast. I've tried to reintroduce some of the safe foods to see how I respond to them....Gonna pin this list to my shirt!
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Lymetoo,

You always have such good informationa nd I am not one to debate with you or anyone else......

But me having a huge Candida problem with 2 huge treatments (ICHT) that can leave you with more of a problem with candida than you started with.....

This is where my doctor (a pathologist) started. Mega dose's of enzymes (the right ones) UVBI treatments and vit C and multivitamins.

This last (and first Chelation) one week ago has left me with a MASSIVE vaginal yeast infection.

This tells me to stay away from things that kill off bacteria and stick with detox and the way I originaly was going.

Far infared is the next and only thing I do at this next office visit. I am so mad I am in the position of this vaginal yeast infection when all I had to do was listen to GiG....I did not have to do Chelation treatment at this time.....

It only throws you back when you do not do the right things at the right time.

I WAS DOING SO GOOD ON LITTLE SUPPLEMENTS AND HAD TO ROCK THE BOAT.

No one could afford or know how to put all the supplements mentioned above together. That is what I originaly found confusing.

Not that you or your doctor doesn't know what they/you are talking about but.......

If someone else finds a problem with trying to follow the above protocol/or doesn't have the money to purchase all the things mentioned above to get a Candida free life style they can first......

Get off all abx, get the right enzymes and a good protocol of vitamins & minerals to get thru their first 2-3 months.

It takes that long to see a difference and give yourself rest to see a difference in between.

Kat

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Miss Toots.

It is really nice to have all of this information in one place.

Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3824

Icon 12 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A keeper...thanks!!
Posts: 394 | From Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bgnrsmnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bgnrsmnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know what the deal is with peanuts/peanutbutter? I've heard they are prone to mold, but is this possibly an issue with source/storage? The commercial peanut butters are often high and sugar so I try to avoid them, but I have peanut butter ground at a local health store that is sugar free. I like it because I get easily delivery of fat/protein when I am not up to cooking (most of the time these days).

Posts: 133 | From NJ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Lymetoo, this is priceless!!!

Definitely a keeper! I'm printing it out right now.

We can always count on you.

Thank you, thank you, sweetie.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome stuff.

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy, I'm so sorry you are having problems with the yeast now...UGH! ....NO, you don't have to buy ALL those supplements, notice that it says "e.g"...."for example" / It just lists all the possibilities so you can choose.

bg....I think it's the mold issue with the peanuts.

The AVOID list can be relaxed SOME if your yeast is under control....but with us being on abx, we have to be very careful how much we bend the rules.

I bend the rules very little, and yet I have a major yeast problem right now. It's getting better, but I'm still going to be very strict on this thing for another week or two.

BTW, this is the Dr who first sent me to my wonderful Dr C....[I didn't know I had Lyme at that time....only that I needed help with a yeast problem!] Dr C is this naturopath's doctor! (Dr C is in family practice.)

So I am forever grateful to Dr. Brewer! I could possibly have gone the rest of my life not knowing I had Lyme.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dooka
Member # 4957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dooka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One problem with peanuts is aflatoxin. I am told that cashews and almonds are best for fungus. Pistachios especially bad.

I haven't verified this, but my mold doctor told me that tofu might be a problem, and if so, then so is unsweetened soy milk. (Too bad. I can't drink cow's milk.)

Provolone and mozarella for cheese supposedly OK. No romano, asiago, parmesan. There are 3 kinds of rennet: veg, animal, and microbial. The last can be fungal (maybe aspergillus) or bacterial. So try to find out how cheese is made if you do that.

------------------
All replies are welcome.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobTX
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobTX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good stuff on candida. But, one thing I keep reading and hearing about more and more these days is that stomach parasites are a contributing factor with candida. And you need to get rid of parasites before you can effectively get rid of candida. So, if you are having fits with candida, try looking at parasites. I need treatment for both, but I was told to treat the parasites before working on candida. I am taking probiotics and prebiotics while treating parasites so as not to lose ground, but I will not address the candida with diet until I am done with parasites.
Posts: 284 | From Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchbraid
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchbraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breads of any kind are NOT safe to eat when trying eliminate Candida. They contain yeast.

frenchbraid

------------------
Stay positive. Smile. People care.

Posts: 948 | From Northwest, NJ USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent list, thanks.

Not all breads contain yeast, there are yeast-free ones. However, if soy isn't safe then perhaps low-carb bread isn't either as I think much of it is soy-based.

Also, other yeast-free breads still made with flour will not be low-carb - so then there's still the issue with high-carb = blood sugar = yeast problem.

I know when I did yeast-free I was told no bread of any kind.....but life did get dull with just fish/meat and salad without dressing (or any dressing contaning vinegar anyway).

Anyway, excellent list, I will print it out also although I'm not doing yeast-free yet.

Dll

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You must buy the breads at the health food store....and read the labels.
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All such efforts in trying to get yeast infections under control as long as you still harbor excess heavy metals in your body will not be a permanent solution.

Yeast/fungi is an agent the body employs to protect itself from the heavy metals - in other words, to protect you yourself from worse. The trouble is - the fungi also give off toxins during their cycler that cause an added burden to your body.

The only permanent solution to candida etc. is to get the metal toxicity out of the body, and thereby also protect your major organs from high LDL cholesterol, which is also due to heavy metal toxicity.

You can try all the yeastbook diets until the cows come home - it will not work longterm as long as you are heavy metal toxic. Sorry, folks.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
levity101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for levity101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks - great inforomation...sums it all up!
Posts: 688 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abxme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abxme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I have found is that candida forms roots and spores in the body and while killing it with supplements helps; it will come back if you don't address the spores and roots. One other important thing to note is that without metal toxicity and parasites addressed it becomes virtually impossible to eliminate the Candida.

Posts: 124 | From Cleveland, OH | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great information Lymetoo...up for others
Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lkpod
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lkpod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 134 | From So. California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast is normal in our bodies in the right amount. It is not just heavy metals that cause an overgrowth of yeast. One can be free of heavy metals and still harbor a massive yeast overgrowth. An abundance of Candida is mostly caused by an imbalance in the body ecosystem, too little of the good bacteria. This makes room for the yeast to take over. This happens most commonly from antibiotics killing all the good & bad bacteria in our bodies.

You must add good bacteria back into your diet, not just try to kill all of the yeast. Yeast loves sugar so, that has to go. Starve the little suckers and then add in some good probiotics and perhaps some soil based beneficial bacteria.

You also need to clear out the dead yeast, as we do the dead chetes. Psyllium, bentonite and charcoal are just a few of the ways to clear out the dead debris.

You must also heal the leaky gut with things like L-Glutamine and good digestive enzymes.

Lymetoo's post is pretty much right on target. I had severe Systemic Candida. It took a year to get it to a manageable level. I do not have heavy metals, have always tested below normal levels. My Candida is the result of oral antibiotics.

I suggest you experiment with the suggested supplements. Oil of Oregano made me sick as a dog but, Caprylic Acid worked like a charm, as did GSE. You are not expected to take all of these things. Everyone is different.

Patience and diet diligence will bring results.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

And take a tablespoon of EM in a glass of water (Efficient Microbes) three times a day. It works and costs pennies! And keep taking it! You won't be sorry, because it also gets your sludgy blood flowing again and reaching into areas where thick blood has trouble flowing, and you will start feeling as light as a feather once you get going on this.

We are well, but this is one of our mainstays every day.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still looking for a good probiotic. I think I have bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine and have positive IGA for yeast.

My doc wants me to try Nystatin and he is a naturopath! He already has me on Oil of O. and others Metagenics berberine, which helped and IV C drips. I also have Lyme and debating oral IV as I am chronic and just found out I had it for probably 10 yrs.

What do you think about trying Nystatin? I am also scheduled to get my 10 amalgams out, but don't know whether I should do the amalgams or the abx first.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mycoplasma1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mycoplasma1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse my Lymie brain! I was asking about a good probiotic.

I am taking PB8 on and off, but don't really think it is helping.

I've tried Three lac and think it was helping, but Iwas going through other problems and think I had H-Pylori and an ulcer which I thought was cured with Mastic Gum but I have that pain under my loeft rib again the last few days and think it's back. Not sure if I should do the antibiotic route for H-Pylori or stick with the Mastic Gum.

Anyway, have any of you done Primal Defense, Three Lac or Florastore for any length of time and saw results?

Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 216 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchbraid
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchbraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The probiotics that we are using are Culturelle (Lactobicillus GG) which is made to "stick" to the intestinal walls. And also Bifido Complex from Kirkman.

We have had great success with them.

frenchbraid

------------------
Stay positive. Smile. People care.

Posts: 948 | From Northwest, NJ USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mycoplasma1:

I am taking PB8 on and off, but don't really think it is helping.

"On and off" is the problem, I would say. I take PB8 and have taken Nystatin "forever."

GIGI ... what's this EM? Source? and How does it work?

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

GiGi
Member # 259

Lymetoo, I posted about EM several times over the last few months. http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026926.

Note the remark on that thread someone made about the last ingredient being sugar. EM is a fermented product that contains n o sugar. It is
a super product, a probiotic, for everyone, not just sick people to use. It brings back all the good bacteria that has been massacred in various ways by drugs, etc.

For Chris, We used Pharmax's HCL, the intensive, which is a highly concentrated probiotic (seven sachets in a box - use one daily) You use HCL for a week or two and then go to their regular probiotic. Medicine Man in Seattle sells it at discount 206-789-0800. It is very potent.

I took Nystatin for about 3 days and then tossed it. It caused intolerable effects for me (and many people I know that tried it). I never took it again, but stuck with Pharmax products that worked well for us.

But for the minimal cost, be sure to explore EM - see above website.

Take care.

believe3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6216

Icon 5 posted      Profile for believe3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok you may all think this is a stupid question but how do I know I do not have a yeast problem anymore? My dr has put me on nystantin/no sugar diet and it is week four. How do I know the yeast is gone?

------------------
~Merrie

Posts: 261 | From minnesota | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cigi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cigi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on nystatin, 4 - 500,000 mg tabs until a few weeks ago. My llmd doc isn't into supplements. I am leery of this because I never knew I had a yeast problem until I found out I had lyme last year. How can you tell if you have a yeast problem if you have no visible symptoms. Since flagyl, my mind hasn't been the same. I was on 1,000 mg 7 days a week for 30 days. Got some mental stability Friday night for a little while and some Saturday - Sunday feel like I identityless again. Any suggestions re: mental stability, yeast, flagyl, iv rocephin, zithromax mix, lyme?

Cigi

Posts: 320 | From Upstate, NY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is used to get rid of the "roots and spores"?
pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cigi:
How can you tell if you have a yeast problem if you have no visible symptoms.

candida species, when in the bloodstream, can colonize everywhere from the kidneys, the respiratory tract or sinus cavities.

you can have a candidiasis panel by pcr done at MDL which checks a multitude of candida strains, test # 565. http://www.mdlab.com/html/testing/available_tests.html#mycology

additionaly have a dysbiosis test (d-arbintol levels) at metametrix. http://www.metametrix.com/TestServ/default.asp?PageID=10

d-arbinatol is not good for more immunosuppresive, fluconazole (diflucan) resistant candida strains like candida krusei or candida glabrata.

if you have taken diflucan, or any azole medication before, you are more likely to have one of these more 'exotic' strains.

check out this link for more info - http://www.biodia.com/test228.html

most doctors are unaware that a candida infection, by IDSA guidelines, should be treated until the infection is absent from blood serum for at least 2 weeks plus clincial symptoms are gone before stopping antifungal therapy.
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/CID/journal/issues/v38n2/32301/32301.html

see table 2 in latter link.

you may have to see an ID specialist to treat this if you have positive test returns and your dr doesn't know how to treat this.

you can also have barium testing or endoscopic testing done to see where the infection is but i would hold off on that and do blood serology first as that more invasive.

like chronic lyme borreliosis infection, systemic candidiasis is not widely known nor accepted by most md's. it is not thoroughly taught or often seen, hence a specialist may be needed.

most of the information out there (specifically via the internet) is completely unsubstantiated and unreliable concerning the symptoms of candidiasis.

i can only recommend doing the testing and see what develops from there.

the following might give you a better understanding :
http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic76.htm

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris,

I've been doing abx tx because I was so bad and could barely walk. Amalgams are next...it depends where your at.

My personal feeling is to deal with amalgams first and remember to detox mercury out of your system. Parasites are very attracted to heavy metals...this is why I'm saying amalgams first.

Three Lac and Primal Defense are very good yeast fighters. Three Lac I've tried and it was very effective. Both these companies as I recall make a very good acidophilus or probiotic (can't remember which one).

Lymetoo, thank you for posting the diet.

Great reminder about what not to eat and especially good for new members who may not have this info.

I follow this diet 90% strict and when I don't I sure feel it.

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You be welcome, snowboarder! It's helped me alot!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great info but I'm not sure aboout the list of foods to eat/not eat.

I have been using the anti candida food lists from www.wholeapproach.com. The diet is working very well for me.

I don't eat any breads, pasta, tortillas, flours, grains regardless of whether they have yeast or are sprouted. I simply can't eat grains period. I do eat red meat and feel better when I do. I limit fish consumption because of mercury concerns.

Primal Defense Powder has been a great probiotic for me. I take it every afternoon and before bed. Sometimes I have some in the late morning at least 2 hours after abx. I mix it in a little yogurt or kefir, or sprinkle it on a salad.

I ordered it at www/iherb.com which was recommended here. The container lasts 2 months for me. Well worth the $31. Doesn't need refrigeration so good for travel.
h&s

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lymetoo,

Why does this guy say that chicken and fish are okay, but red meat is not? AS long as the protein is organic grass fed it should be okay. I think making sure that it is organic is the most important thing so that we are not ingesting mycotoxins from animals that have been given abx. I thought I was doing good by eating boneless/skinless chicken breasts from Costco untill I found out about mycotoxins. No sense in putting these yeast toxins back into your body when that is what you are trying to get rid of.

Does this Dr have any recommendations for the herbal supplements as far as dosage and rotation so that they remain effective against candida?

Micul

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hmmm, not sure about the red meat. I eat it.

This diet is really designed for elimination of the candida. I believe you can modify it somewhat once you get things under control. For example, I might occasionally eat peas or a FEW carrots from time to time.

If I start having yeast symptoms again, I go back to the diet and get really strict.

This naturopath owns a health food store so I'm sure he just recommends what he sells! He doesn't think much of MLM's and their products. He's missing alot of good stuff with that mode of thinking!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 24 January 2005).]

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot to put ice cream on the list of things we are allowed to have!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trillian
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trillian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valuable info- up
Posts: 91 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More info on candida:
http://www.lymeinfo.net/candida.html

------------------
Lyme Disease Information By Email:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lymeinfo/
Lyme Disease Information Online:
http://www.lymeinfo.net

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for adding the link, Cheryl!
lyn
Member # 9088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2 | From Edmonton | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyn
Member # 9088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
And take a tablespoon of EM in a glass of water (Efficient Microbes) three times a day. It works and costs pennies! And keep taking it! You won't be sorry, because it also gets your sludgy blood flowing again and reaching into areas where thick blood has trouble flowing, and you will start feeling as light as a feather once you get going on this.

We are well, but this is one of our mainstays every day.

hi GiGi,
i've been looking into EM (looks like excellent stuff for many many things!!), but have a major concern with it because of the yeast. i understand ur comment about the sugars, as it is fermented. However, EMs efficiency is often credited to the yeast content. do u know something about that?
just a note about fermentation, in the beginning stages of candida protocal, it is suggested not to have fermented foods like miso, tempeh, etc.. this is according to Donna Gates' Body Ecology Diet.. which is excellent. i assume the same applies here(?).
'love to hear from u if u can say more.
thanx, Lyn

Posts: 2 | From Edmonton | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested in the answer myself. I used to take the EM, but got tired of taking it. Wondering if I should get back on it again.

I'm battling yeast again too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi [Smile]

is biopure's matrix microbes the same as

the EM'S -efficinet microbs?

really would like to know where to get the EM's

thanks
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have leaky gut,parasites and systemic yeast. My doctor says mercury feeds yeast.

I am scheduled to remove my amalgams and my root canals.

Currently he is treating me with enzymes and a parasite killer.

Does anyone know anything about black yeast?

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is the first time i saw someone say take probiotics away form food...years ago i figured out if i did that i could stay "right" on about 1/4 of what it took if i took it with food-this post is very helpful-i have two people i am sending it to right away

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:

the EM'S -efficinet microbs?

really would like to know where to get the EM's

[/QB]

You can buy Efficient Microbes from www.SCDWorld.com ph # 913-541-9299

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks lymetoo

for posting the webb site where to find the EM'S

blessings [Smile]
dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Ok

Here where I would use a head banger icon if it didn't make me dizzy.

On page one GiGi also lists pharmax's HCL the intensive-206-789-0800 Medicene man

as a place to get the EM'S too

thanks
head-banger

--------------------
5dana8

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement