LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Weird brain stuff and hearing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird brain stuff and hearing
rosespetal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosespetal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, my new complaint, (of many but I will spare you LOL) is that it on occassion feels like WORMS are wriggling around in my head, like I have some brain worm eating away, honestly thats the ONLY way I can describe it and it's weird feeling let alone typing it to share!

My hearing has been getting waves of MEGA amplification, to the extent that I don't know if I am actually hearing things that arent there (no ones telling me to kill the neighbors cat or anything) just an exhale, or weird stuff 1-2 words, at first I thought I was hearing things, then it happened as my hub and son were talking, and it waved through their conversation for me to understand it's this MEGA amplification, and even the tone changes, it soooooo weird. Both ears do it, but it's more onthe left, same side that my face has been doing it's funky stuff. my left arm/shoulder has been killing me all day today, it was spasming all day yesterday and has settled into pain where i cant carry things much, or 'use' the joint as it kills.

SO when you go on antibiotics, what ones get rid of the hearing amplification, as it scares the living HECK out of me when it comes in blaring, and someone can be in another room, or 2 rooms away, and it's like they're yelling, breathing, talking right in my ear, about 1-3 words then it goes back to normal.
TY
Rose

Posts: 1250 | From NJ usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have heard Dynabec may be a good substitute for zith, which can cause hearing problems.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rose,

I get the hearing stuff too, everything sounds really loud, or the lights will bother my eyes. Some nights I can't stand the lamp on at all.
I hope my hearing stuff doesn't get worse on Zithromax, but so far it hasn't been as bad as it was on Minoicn.

I hope it gets better for you and for me. It can be a real pain, cuz I think the TV is loud and my husband doesn't.
I did hear things too, music, people talking like the TV was on.

Hang in there you are not alone and it is very scary.

Hugs,
Beverly

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose,
You really aren't alone though I was told to kill your neighbors cat - hmm guess we shouldn't do that huh???

The zith does do that too - but I have no idea which ones are better - listen to the more knowledgable posters above me about that.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and i believe it will get better!!

good luck
betsy

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosespetal
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosespetal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL TY you two. It's just SOOO weird, and when the amplification comes it scares the bejeebers out of me! So weird.....

TY
Rose

Posts: 1250 | From NJ usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurainCT
Member # 5021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurainCT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rose,
I get the same feeling as if there is something actually eating my brain. I will probably have a SPECT scan next month which will probably not show anything... Just what I need something more to make me feel like I've just gone plain mad!

I also have ear symptoms. I started noticing ringing in my ears a few years ago before abx. As time has gone on it seems to distort what I hear at times also. I kind of relate it to being similar to getting blurry vision.

Also, everything seems to be so loud. My poor husband is a musician, and I just can't tollerate loud noise, and sometimes quiet noise as well. Then again if I don't have some white noise when I fall asleep then the ringing in my ears drives me up a wall!

Hope you don't mind me ranting about what I'm going through, just thought that maybe it would help to know you aren't alone with your ear and brain symptoms.

I wish you all the best in your treatment, I haven't stumbled across anything that works for my hearing yet.

God bless!
Laura

Posts: 82 | From Litchfield County, CT | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIM
Member # 5006

Icon 2 posted      Profile for SIM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings All
I have been wanting to post about my "humming" in my head. Sounds like what many are posting about though. Mine has been going on for several years, long before I was DIAGNOSED w/Lyme. I think that's because I wasn't ever tested for Lyme until I found a tick on me. So, I'm thinking that the Lyme came first then it infected my brain, which caused my humming. If I could choose which Lyme symptom bugs me the most, it woud be humming. I am also losing my hearing/vision. I have to play a CD at nite just to drown out the hum as much as possible. I also have trouble figuring out which direction sounds are coming from. When my dogs bark, I have to plug my ears because of the sensitivity/pain. Have any of you Lymies had trouble with letter reversals and such? So much of my stuff makes no sense. I also stutter and sometimes sound like I am speaking in a foreign language. Does anyone relate to that type of problem?
What about your face looking lop-sided/crooked? My eyes are all droopy too. Sometimes my eyelids actually roll out onto my eyelashes!!! Gee, I wonder if insurance would cover that!
God's Blessings and Good Health to All
SIM

------------------
SIM

Posts: 51 | From Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1250

Icon 10 posted      Profile for greg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose,

Yep, I had that WIERD sort of noise "halucination".. Most of it happened on high doses of doxy. I would get stuff like the sounds of balloons popping, cats meowing (no cats in house, at the time) gunshots, pots falling on floors, and the one or two words shouted, from a voice that didnt live in the house. For me, it happened mostly during that time right before you wake up or fall asleep...It freaked me out. Thought i was goin nutso. My llmd said he had a few neuro patients that had experienced the same thing.

I had one a month or so ago when i started samento. I think it could be a form of neuro herx. Mine always seemed to coincede with headaches. Havent had one since....thank God..

Just one more of lyme's little surprises...lol

greg

Posts: 740 | From frederick,md,usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosespetal
Member # 571

WOW Cave TY so much, so weird to read the songs part as at the beginning about 5 months ago, I once heard someone singing Silent Night OVER AND OVER again one night right before I was falling asleep, first it was just one voice, and by the 4th round it was a whole frikkin chorus singing, it drove me insaine- after awhile (like the 5th time it went around) I said, fine, whatever= lets just hope you're a guardian angel or something cuz this is just too freaky, and then I went along w/ it and went to sleep LOLOL I said well it's not Metallica so I guess I am on a good vibe LOL
(I do like Metallica, just an example of the difference of Silent Night to Metallica) LOL

Sometimes I will hear someone or something say "Yeahhhhh" or "heree" once I heard someone say "I'm here" right in my ear, I do have some psychic stuff, have always, but never truly 'hearing' something with my ears like someones in the room w/ me and I see no one, once day I was sitting on the computer and heard someone say "psst!" 3x! Iwas like, whatever- Lyme, losing my mind, I don't care I am too tired LOL thankfully no visual hallucinations or I would just admit myself to the looney bin. (still contemplating it but LOL)

Luckily it's just quick 2 word things, or a noise, or an exhale but in an odd tone that I truly don't know what I exactly hear sometimes, I just know I hear something and its MEGA amplified and a weird tone, then it goes away.
Got me, tis some freaky stuff I'll tell ya!

Ya know it just dawned on me...
Lyme really sucks LOL
-Rose

LaurainCT
Member # 5021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurainCT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cave76... are you patient 1 or 2? And what is logamnesia?

Thanks for sharing your story. I actually read the first article when doing a search on auditory symptoms because it was driving me so mad. Pretty wild to do a board with the actual person that the article was written about!

Did it sound like hearing the music on the radio, or was it like "hearing it in your head"?

Thanks,
Laura

Posts: 82 | From Litchfield County, CT | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosespetal
Member # 571

Ohh and two times I heard a small dog 'arf' in another room, a dinky little raspy bark, my dog is 90#- and his 'bark' is a MEGA 'BARK" he makes himself known, and he didn't hear it both times as he was inthe room w/ me and didn't bark back!

I was like- okay- whatever- now I hear a dog barking in my dining room....
My neighbors dog died a few months ago, so I told myself it was haunting me LMAO
HEY- just gotta make the best of it right?
LOLOL!

Rose-tis tart but trying to keep a smile

Trillian
Member # 6857

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Trillian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! Another thing explained by lyme! I have several times "heard" weird things- the sound of someone walking by, sighing,toilet flushing, typing from the next room - and there's nobody there.
Didn't bother me as much as I would have thought. The hypersensitive hearing/ light intolerance is much more bothersome. As long as no one tries to analyse the sounds my brain causes me to hear...

Actually, just couple weeks ago I knew I was the last person at the office (I was taking advantage of a good day), we had been sharing some dark humor at the office earlier that day. Whenever someone quits or is fired, HR sends out an email stating "We regret to inform you that EmployeeX is no longer with us." We had an eldery employee that died, the announcement was worded almost the same way. We started our dark joke that all of those employees who disappeard and are "no longer with us" might actually be buried beneath the building. (Construction humor- we'd been kidding earlier about paying bills for "ten foot long dead men", which is a slang term for a foundation material.)

Anywho, when I heard typing, I went looking for the source- it was always in the next room. I'm not remotedly superstitious, so I wasn't scared, just curious. But if I were more likely to believe in such, I could've been convinced it was the wraith of one of those who are " no longer with us", busy finishing one last project... now, that's job commitment!

Sorry, I rambling. Herxing my brains out, searching for distraction. At this point, not sure the cure isn't worse than the disease.

Posts: 91 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement