LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Major pain with Bicllin IM due to weight loss....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Major pain with Bicllin IM due to weight loss....
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 9 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God my butt hurts so badly!!! Ok so I have been doing the Bicillin IM since August. Since August I have lost over 18 pounds. I started out at 5'3" and 110 and now I keep dropping weight.

I am down to 94 pounds with Clothes Shoes and my wrist stabilizers on which have metal on them after eating. Not good I assuming I am 90 pounds or less at this point. Obviously at 90 pounds I don't have much of any fat anywhere especially my tush.

My nurse who comes to give me the shots is scaring me and told me that if I drop under 90 pounds I have to go to hospital...I didn't tell her that I think I already am.

I can hardly walk at all......I don't know what to do . I am terrified to go off the shots and just take my mepron and Zith. I'm going to Dr. L on Thursday thank God. I am in sooo much pain. Just wondering if anyone else has had an similar experiences.

Take Care
Abbie

------------------
You can only see the stars when its the darkest.................

Posts: 149 | From New City, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 21,
Hey did you try any probiotics. The doc's will sometimes forget to tell you about taking acidophilus and eating yogurt live cultures to prevent clostidium difficile(chronic diahrea) which can lead to dificulties.
I have experienced pain from one kind of abx or another and some of the symptoms from the abx are hard to differentiate from the disease.
Then again some lyme sufferers get obese and some get anorexic. So if you're not having an allergic reaction to the meds I would suggest getting on some probiotics real fast. You have to take care of yourself cus sometimes the doc's forget to tell you what side effects the meds will have on you.
Hope this is your problem and you can rectify it asap.............the zman

------------------

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymie tony z:
Hi 21,
Hey did you try any probiotics. The doc's will sometimes forget to tell you about taking acidophilus and eating yogurt live cultures to prevent clostidium difficile(chronic diahrea) which can lead to dificulties.
I have experienced pain from one kind of abx or another and some of the symptoms from the abx are hard to differentiate from the disease.
Then again some lyme sufferers get obese and some get anorexic. So if you're not having an allergic reaction to the meds I would suggest getting on some probiotics real fast. You have to take care of yourself cus sometimes the doc's forget to tell you what side effects the meds will have on you.
Hope this is your problem and you can rectify it asap.............the zman

Thanks for the reply. I am on probiotics I take acidopholis(<--can't spell) daily. The pain I am having is from the shot itself. My butt doesn't have enough fat on it to take an inch and a quarter needle.
Thanks so much for your reply
Abbie
Just took a painkiller cause I can't deal with the pain anymore

------------------

Posts: 149 | From New City, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
texjb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texjb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Abbie, I too have lost a ton of weight since becoming sick last March 2003. I'm 5'7+ and I need to weigh about 135 to feel right. I was barely holding at 105 last December and I was eating copious amounts of hi-protien/low carb diet - the no yeast regimen.

Well I finally got 'sick and tired' of being 'sick & tired & too skinny' - so right at Christmas I decided to _ell with this anti-yeast diet crap and I started eating everything again and then some.

Well to my suprise I started gaining weight again (it took awhile - a month or more) - and now I'm at 124 and holding and eating whatever I want.

I don't feel any better or any worse and at least I'm not a rail anymore.

Are you eating alot? Are you eating everything?

Try it...

Jb

Posts: 126 | From abilene, tx | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by texjb:
OK Abbie, I too have lost a ton of weight since becoming sick last March 2003. I'm 5'7+ and I need to weigh about 135 to feel right. I was barely holding at 105 last December and I was eating copious amounts of hi-protien/low carb diet - the no yeast regimen.

Well I finally got 'sick and tired' of being 'sick & tired & too skinny' - so right at Christmas I decided to _ell with this anti-yeast diet crap and I started eating everything again and then some.

Well to my suprise I started gaining weight again (it took awhile - a month or more) - and now I'm at 124 and holding and eating whatever I want.

I don't feel any better or any worse and at least I'm not a rail anymore.

Are you eating alot? Are you eating everything?

Try it...

Jb

I only tried the Yeast free diet for a week. Becuase everytime I would try to make food I keep looking around like what the heck am I gonna eat? So no that went out the window.

The Mepron as well all know doesn't help you hold in nutrition cause everything runs right through you. I am so nauseous all day everyday its hard to eat. I am forcefeeding myself but I don't know if I'm maintaining a 2000 calorie a day intake. I am trying as hard as I can....

So if I'm not I definetly wont gain weight or even stay at this weight. What does my nurse mean about going into the hospital? What would they do to me?

Abbie

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement