LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » URGENT - Protect your access to medical care

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT - Protect your access to medical care
ellenlu
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks,
I hope that I will be able to convey to you all that this is an emergency that needs all our attention and work.

The NYS Office of Professional Medical Conduct has been on a witch hunt for the past few years, trying to revoke the licenses of LLMDS in NYS.

This has caused doctors THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY to stop treating Lyme disease.

Our protection lies in an OPMC Reform bill S5221 which will give ALL docs due process rights to defend themselves against OPMC persecution..

IF WE DO NOT PASS THE OPMC REFORM BILL NOW, WE WILL NOT ONLY LOSE NEW YORK STATE LLMDS, WE WILL LOSE LLMDS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY.

Senator Kemp Hannon is the key senator. The best way to enlist and keep his support is by having hundreds of physicians in New York State call him to support the OPMC Reform bill.

Since this is a bill that protects the rghts of all doctors, we need to reach them to let them know this bill is in the legislature.

The process of doing this is really simple:

SNAIL MAILING:
1) Please just print out the flyer at www.healthlobby.com/OPMCreformLetter.htm

This flyer explains the OPMC Reform bill to physicians AND asks them to contact Senator Hannon to get him to support the Reform bill.

2) Put a copy of the flyer in an envelope and send it to a doctor in New York State.�

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE ANYTHING TO GO WITH THE FLYER,�� IT IS
SELF EXPLANATORY.

3) Mail the flyers to doctors in New York State.� Mail as many flyers as
you are able to afford the stamps and have energy to address the
envelopes.

4) To get the names of doctors in New York State, go to http://yellowpages.superpages.com Write physicians and surgeons in the keyword box and New York in the state box, picking any city in New York State at random.

5) Be sure to mail ONLY to MD's or DO's (Osteopaths).

FAXING:
Please email Mo at [email protected] and she will fax you a list of doctors' fax numbers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.� Thanks,
Ellen

For background information see www.lymeinfo.net/OPMC.html or www.healthlobby.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

Posts: 6639 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ellenlu, thank you for posting this. This is an easy way to let them know that we are meaning business.

You've given us the directions and have made it simple to do.

NOW LET'S ALL JUST DO IT!!!!!

Thanks again,

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Ellen,

Hope you have recovered from your trip ...

Question...
is there ANY emailing that can be done?
I did this from a list awhile ago when we first started this fight. Are there OTHER doc lists with emails to work on?

Also, have we contacted ALL of the support group leaders and SG links with this info yet? (I did this early on too, but the list has grown since then...also, a reminder may be helpful) If not, I can do that via email.

Just let me know, and my fingers will do the walking!

Thank you for working SO hard on this and for your dedication on behalf of us ALL!!!

Love, M

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarieElaine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5408

Icon 8 posted      Profile for MarieElaine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shutter to think what we would do without the LLMDs we have.......thanks Ellen for bringing this to our attention.

Everyone...please....take some time...and ask your family and friends to also support this bill.

We need to pass that bill!!!

Thanks,
Marie

Posts: 143 | From Putnam Valley, NY. USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.
Posts: 6639 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenlu
Unregistered

Melanie,
I think the problem with emails is that they will just be deleted as spam since we are sending them to people who don't know us.

I have some extra stamps that I can send to someone who is willing to stuff and address envelopes, but can't afford the stamps.
The stamps are compliments of a few Lyme patients in Europe who really wanted to help.

We now have only one month to get this bill through the legislature. Please everyone help out.

Senator Hannon is, unfortunately, not particularly responsive to requests from patients. But the calls he has been getting from doctors seem to be keeping him interested.
So, please keep it up.
Ellen

ellenlu
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ellenlu:
Melanie,
I think the problem with emails is that they will just be deleted as spam since we are sending them to people who don't know us.

I have some extra stamps that I can send to someone who is willing to stuff and address envelopes, but can't afford the stamps.
The stamps are compliments of a few Lyme patients in Europe who really wanted to help.

We now have only one month to get this bill through the legislature. Please everyone help out.

Senator Hannon is, unfortunately, not particularly responsive to requests from patients. But the calls he has been getting from doctors seem to be keeping him interested.
So, please keep it up.
Ellen

MarieElaine
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5408

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MarieElaine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If ever there was a time for all of us to come together....and do what we each can do.....now is the time.

Thank you, each and every one of you, for what you can do to support Ellen in this.

Marie

Posts: 143 | From Putnam Valley, NY. USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordon

What if he had given up trying?

One person can make a difference...
even if it only touches the life of one more person...

Miss Ellen,
I finally have myself and my machinery together enough to help with the mailings...

just waiting on those stamps...

Melanie

------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenlu
Unregistered

Hi Ms Melanie,
Did you ever send me your address? If you did, then I apologize for not sending the stamps sooner. If you didn't, then for crying out loud whaddya expect.

So, now that we have established that I can't find your mailing address anywhere , could you please emeail it to me at [email protected]

And, wait a minute there was somethihg else. Oh yes!! Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Ellen

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Hi Miss Ellen,

I DID email my address to you...
but, my email is acting VERY strange lately !!!

So, if you still don't have it, let me know, and I will try again, OK?

Love, M

------------------
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Melanie Reber (edited 06 May 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement