LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Discussions on Benicar moved to GENERAL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discussions on Benicar moved to GENERAL
una
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for una     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to thank everyone involved in Benicar discussions for trying to keep their emotions under control as much as possible.

Everyone's frustration is understandable due to the nature of this topic.

However, in an effort to calm these tensions down, the topics pertaining to Benicar as well as Bachinsky will be moved to General, where those who are interested can continue their discussion.

Also, please try to refrain from using the word "Cure" loosely.

Thanks.

Posts: 164 | From South Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for a voice of reason Una.

JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smart move una

------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Una, I went to General and just where did you put the 6 page post on Freetoreckon?

It is not there. so, where did that one go.

I wasn't here but early yesterday and it was over here and now I can't find it over there. I must be blind or something.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
free2reckon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for free2reckon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh all powerful una...why isn't JRWs post on Benicar in General???

OH, wait...actually I'd rather it would stay in medical....

General will now be getting all of the attention...please keep JRWs in medical....thank you!

Scott

Posts: 548 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David95928
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good move una. The previous post is one more example of the nature of the issue.
David

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fail to understand why things get so heated on this board.

Benicar could be a cure...for some people.

I just dont get it.

I believe that Zithromax was a cure for me. Is it a cure for everyone? Of course not.

But the way people act on this board sometimes no wonder people call us crazy & a cult!!!

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOULD SOMEONE PROVIDE ME THE LINK TO WHERE FREETORECKON'S POST WAS MOVED TO, I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT ANYWHERE.

Yes, I was shouting to be heard...when you move something in the future, please provide a link to where you moved it to, please!!!

I may have just overlooked the Binacar post of Scott's that was the one with part two in the pararenthesis. But, I will look again and again.

PLEASE PROVIDE THE LINKS TO THE POSTS THAT WERE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this it ?
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025073.html

Or
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/024998.html

And anything that is not here is in general

[This message has been edited by treepatrol (edited 13 May 2004).]

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semper Fi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semper Fi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Benicar protocol in general and not medical?? I tell my lyme freinds to go to medical and check out the various new and old protocols........So your saying that Benicar protocol, has no merit......How about rife???/ How about pulsing antibiotic combos, not approved by mainstream medical. you threw the baby out with the bathwater. The rules should be you start a thread, under medical, and discuss,if you disagree give your opionion, like "caution this is new, no long term history, experimental" But ,let the well intentioned people, like Scott, give his opinion.If it is a thread on Benicar, stay on topic. No ICHT,or character attacks. ON TOPIC.Or start your own topic, and be respectful. It is like a debate, be ojective, no personal attacks. You need a Dr. Rx to do the protocol anyway, thats how this all works.
Posts: 512 | From Memlo Park, Ca USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Tree, thanks but that wasn't it and the second one did not link to anything.

Free's or Scott's continued post on Benicar is not anywhere that I can find it.

ANYONE ELSE FIND IT?

kaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semper Fi is right. This is a doctor's call and not a patients. Scott is not on a street corner writing people prescriptions and promising cures. Now I understand the phrase "Don't kill the messenger." Unfortunately that's what always happens.

Scott has been staying on topic throughout all the threads. The only thing I've seen is him getting blasted by angry and scared people. He has a right to defend his position and he's done so with intelligence and reason. I'm glad he's stuck around to do even that because he has nothing to gain by ending up on Lymenet's chopping block.

Una, I have gained a ton of knowledge and that's because Lymenet is easy to navigate and open all kinds of discussion. Thank you for keeping it that way.

Posts: 373 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

roseisland I moved one up in general I hope its the one your looking for.I gota go now

una
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for una     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For rosesisland2000:

Dr. Marshall's work with Benicar (part 2)

[This message has been edited by una (edited 13 May 2004).]

Posts: 164 | From South Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semper Fi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semper Fi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Una, you need to look into those character attacks, JWR made against Scott, suggesting he is Marshal and Penny is his wife. This goes to why this all started. You have punished the rest of the good people trying to find answers, based on someone elses spitefull attacks. This is un American. We are trying to find out the benefits, if any the marshall protocol can give. Simple. What ever suggestions are brought up, people will decide on their own. To do this protocol you need a Dr to agree and give RX. So get this site back on track. Edit the JRW, out of line comments, and stay on topic. You have punished the rest of us, with the bad attitudes of some. Now do the right thing......
Posts: 512 | From Memlo Park, Ca USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topics containing personal attacks get moved. Period. That's been the way here forever, and I think it's good practice.
Check out the rules of the forum.

We're lucky it wasn't deleted..MANY posters got out of hand, not just one "side" or the other.

Discussion of these ideas would benefit some..discussion.

Please if we can be civil..some of us are trying to look at information..just look..figure things out..

I think the reminder not to use the word "cure" loosely is also very important to the responsibilities to the group.

Una is doing her job, and quite well, I'd say. Please don't start attacking her, too.

If everybody settles down and discuss information rationally, there could be allot of benefit from that...reguardless of the outcome or the validity or invalidity of certain ideas.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 13 May 2004).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Una,

Trout

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 13 May 2004).]

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Semper...what the heck are you talking about?

Penny is Marshall's wife?????? WHAT????

Scott is Marshall?????

Excuse me....do not EVER put words in my mouth...I have never done the same to you, ans havw ALWAYS been courteous to you even when YOU, yes YOU were very combative before you got ICHT. I voiced my fears, but ALWAYS wished you well.

ENough making up devisive stories. I was using POETIC LICENSE...implying a love fest...regarding same mind sets...not something as rediculous as you stated.

I think that is pitiful.

Just like in ICHT when people who CARED for you opposed your going for treatment...you BLASTED them just for their concern.

SO BE IT. I officially do not care what happens to anyone who puts their trust in someone who has no clinical experience, no studies of his own, no affiliation with a real research institution.

Semper...you are one of the lucky ones re. ICHT, and I am glad you are well. It seems most of the others are having a return of their symptoms. You, or the others could have been killed...we tried to point this out.

No one, hopefully, is going to die here, but the Hypothesis is NOT PROVEN.

Why is this so difficult for you all to see.

Believe what you want...I will rely on reputable researchers and LLMD's, who have EXPERIENCE with this disease...something sorely lacking with this protocol.

Another point...LYME is called 'The Great Imposter" because it produces the SAME SYMPTOMS as a lot of diseases...to say that the presentation of Sarc and Lyme have similarities that overlap, can be said for MANY other diseases...is LYME the cause of ALL of them???

Highly unlikely. Proof??? NONE...

I my friend, am trying to use logical reason. I ask for proof. I ask to see clinical studies. Where are my answers?

OUT OF CONTROL???? The only thing that is out of control is people posting unproven CURES and making fact out of hypothesis.

Who loses? Truth.

Be well, and I really mean that,

JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danq
Member # 2126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Una.

I wish there were a section called "Controversial" or even "Contentious" to move this to because it really doesn't belong in General Support either; but that's not currently possible, so you did the best that can be done for now.

Thank you.

And for Trout: the only discrimination going on by Moderators - now or in the past - is against posters who can't stay away from intemperate remarks. One could ask, since you claim discrimination: have any of your posts been deleted or edited?

Dan

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semper Fi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3051

What? Now you want to move anything about Benicar treatment to continiuos. Just keep people on topic. Delete JWR tirades, on those topics and keep on topic.

JWR, if you really cared just say, not proven, new, becareful. And leave it at that. You go after the person, Scott, Marshall. You bring up ICHT again why? It worked for me and others. My wife [ a biologist] tells everyone, it saved my life.Does ICHT have anything to do with the Benicar treatment NO, but you brought it up

kaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just put it in "off-topic" and pretend it doesn't exist. Then let's pretend that we don't have Lyme. Right on.
Posts: 373 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Trout

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 13 May 2004).]

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J123
Member # 3758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a couple of weeks since I last put in my two cents. I was so disgusted by the thread I stopped reading it. Things haven't changed.

I'm still taking cozaar. I'm still doing very well on it. I have very minor breakthrough symptoms, but overall I'm still thrilled. It is NOT a cure. It does control most symptoms for me.

I'll once again state that I see no proof that benicar is superior to cozaar. If cozaar works for me, maybe it will work for others. I also have an daughter who has chronic lyme. I took Scott's word for it and started her on benicar rather than cozaar. She is not doing as well as I expected. Maybe she should be taking cozaar. It's possible there may be gender differences in response to these drugs. It is also possible that many of us have a label of lyme, but suffer from other things in addition.

Please don't give up on ARBs. We don't have enough information yet.

I have not been able to work full time in years. I am now working 3 part time jobs and I'm not exhausted. It's unbelievable!!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric
Member # 3248

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi J123, what dosage of Cozaar are you taking? I tried 100mg and got fatigue, numbness, muscle twitches etc.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J123 and Eric,
You might want to re-post your responses under the topic on Experiences with Benicar, which you will now find in the General Forum, instead of here in the Medical Forum. Re-posting your same message there, instead, will make it easier for others who are interested in your progress to be able to find it now if it's placed together with all of the other similar posts.

Here's the link to that topic for your convenience:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010086.html

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement