LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I hate LD!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate LD!
2MUCHLYME
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2MUCHLYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Everyone! I just feel like complaining right now so bare with me. I am just coming back up from another Herx. No it wasn't as bad as in January where I was pretty much lifeless. I couldn't walk, I couldn't even hold a piece of paper. For two or three months I was back on my feet and loving life! Then I started Herxing again, definitely not as bad as January but I still got depressed because I was doing so well and then went crashing down. Does anypne else get in a slump? I Hate this LYME!
Posts: 68 | From BETHLEHEM, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my slumps I often ask "does anyone ever get out of slumps". So I can totally relate. That is one of the worst things about this whole thing is the cycling. There is something that happens during the cycles too mostly when I'm herxing. I find it hard to envision how good I felt just a few weeks/days ago. I feel like I always felt this way and always will. It is just a trick of the illness.

I used to do triathlons and loved bike rides the best. I would train on the north shore of Long Island NY. There are these great rolling hills with these multi-million dollar estates there, I mean OLD money too. It is just beautiful. They then turn into farm land and vinyards. But when I got home it would seem I spent all my time climbing hills, I could hardly remember flying down them. I could check my speedometer and see that I hit a top speed of say 35 or 45 MPH but I remembered the 15mph in low gear grinding it out.

Same thing here, shift to low gear, grind it out and remember you get to enjoy the countryside as you fly down the mountain you just climbed.

so don't look at is as a slump, look at it as a hump to get over. A slump is a grave that hasn't been filled in yet. we are overcomers.

Sent

Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrdsmom
Member # 5630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrdsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate this Lyme too and I've been going through a slump too. Just wish it would go AWAY!!!! I was just at the playground with my 8 year old son and his friend. I got very depressed watching the other parents out playing with their kids and all I could do was watch....but then I remember how bad I was before started getting treated. I would never have been at the park 2 years ago....I would have been in bed. I just need to remember how bad it was before and then I get back some hope. We all need to complain at times....I think it helps us get through this....

Posts: 56 | From Belvidere,NJ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-OH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think one of the worst things about Lyme is that it takes so darn long to get over. It is disappearing at a snail's pace and driving me nutty!

I've been on oral abx for 2 years & I'm on IV Rocephin and Biaxin now. I felt really great for a few days, and then panicked the last couple days because I'm feeling some pain again. It's as if the bacteria is calling out just to let me know that it's still here!

Totally unnerving!

Posts: 963 | From N. Olmsted, OH USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Yes this is normal.It takes you by surprise or shock more like it that this can happen ,but it is real and will happen off and on .

Lyme is a long process to beat.I hate it to as does everyone who has had the pleasure of it's aquaintance.

I have had councelling to help with the emotional side of this as there are things that you may not be able to tell your loved ones as you don't want to upset them.Just to talk everything over sometimes help.

We all understand how you are feeling and with there was more we could do to help.

Take care,Sue from downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2MUCHLYME
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2MUCHLYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for replying Everyone! It's horrible to day, but sometime misery enjoys company. Noone teally understands but my fellow Lymies. Hahahaha! Thanx!
Posts: 68 | From BETHLEHEM, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldnt it be nice to just have a button a switch to push every once in while that sent lyme into a quivering bowl of jello in the corner afraid to even raise its head for a second because it might die?

If I owned it I would give it to anyone that could use it.

------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewarrior03
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewarrior03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would that be...................lime jello?

oh sweet tree, what a wonderful image. i think i'll just use it all day today.

UCH!! UCH!! UCH!! stupid stupid lyme!

All I ever do is HERX HERX HERX!!! I have yet to experience a break in any symptoms.

But I can only imagine how horribly cruel and frustrating it must feel to actually have that coveted window to wellness, only to have it snatched away by the kete talons.

[This message has been edited by lymewarrior03 (edited 18 May 2004).]

Posts: 661 | From NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youll win have faith
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SentByHim:

Same thing here, shift to low gear, grind it out and remember you get to enjoy the countryside as you fly down the mountain you just climbed.

so don't look at is as a slump, look at it as a hump to get over. A slump is a grave that hasn't been filled in yet. we are overcomers.

Sent

I really liked that, Sent!

Yes, this *$%# disease is SO difficult because of the terrible slumps and accompanying depression.

If you're not feeling any progress...make sure your diet is clean! The yeastie beasties can be very sneaky and make your life miserable! Don't forget that the symptoms of Lyme and systemic yeast go hand in hand.

[and NO, I'm not dismissing anyone's misery!] I herxed for an entire year, with no resulting improvement. I've been in treatment for almost 4 yrs now and doing very well.

Candida elimination: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 18 May 2004).]

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SentByHim-

Your reply was awesome-printing it out.

Can so relate to the post. What more can I say-

Sorry-the brain can't remember who started the post but my best wishes to you and all who have let you know that you are understood.

Chocolat

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement