LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Source for ATP/Glutathione shots?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Source for ATP/Glutathione shots?
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ND is interested in the ATP/Glutathione shots for me. Could someone email me the name of the doctor (I think he's in Texas?) or the compounding pharmacy for the shots? I found some sources on the Net, but I'm not sure they're the reputable ones. Thanks ever so, M

[This message has been edited by minoucat (edited 21 May 2004).]

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BW Houston
Member # 5085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BW Houston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your e-mail. I have a source but you may find a better one.

BW

Posts: 43 | From Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please check your email. I have listed two reputable sources, one appears to be in your home state.

Anne

Posts: 183 | From US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielu
Member # 5652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annie,
Do you have any sources for Texas?
I give most of my injections to myself, including the Gamma Globulin, ACTH, Bvitamins, etc. but I will have to drive an hour and a half to get ATP/ Glutathione shots from the doctor that I found.
I don't mind going every other week, but weekly is too much for me to handle.
thanks if you could email me.
Laney

Posts: 44 | From San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jen13
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymielu, what kind of gamma globulin injections do you give yourself--IM? Curious how they have helped you.

FYI...I tried one ATP/glutathione shot last year and it made me extremely ill. I got totally sick, splitting headache, and threw up later that night. It took about 24 hours to get out of my system. It's not the glutathione, which I get IV every week now. It was the ATP.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi nannie or mino,

Can you please email me those 2 sources as well?

Thanks!
Cheryl
[email protected]

------------------
Lyme Disease Information Online:
http://www.lymeinfo.net
Lyme Disease Information By Email:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lymeinfo/

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheryl, on its way.

BTW -- have any of the rest of you done IV Glutathione as well? Any comparisons between the IM and IV?

One other thing -- is there a concern that the glutathione could cause the abx to clear to quickly? All of a sudden, (starting month 3) the Babs protocol seems to be really working and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks for all your responses. Jen13, I appreciate the warning about the ATP. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, mino!

I did IV glutathione as part of a cocktail many years ago without any benefit, but I'm interested in the shots after reading some of the posts.

Cheryl

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymelighter
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mino, I'm doing IV Glutathione drips. I'm only at 800mgs on my way to 2000mgs. Nothing remarkable to report to date, but I'm giving it a fair shot before I write it off.
Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymielu,

You can check the International Association of Compounding Pharmacies (IACP) website: www.iacprx.org/

for a listing of compounding pharmacies in your state. I know that Apothecure is located in Tx. Apothecure does not participate with insurance. You can also order them from out-of-state and have them expressed shipped, this is what I do. Note that there are new FDA compounding regs thta require each batch to be tested...and which have resulted in the expiration date of the GSH/ATP combo going form 60 days to 2 weeks.

The injections have been a mainstay of my protocol, I've been on them for 4 1/2 years. Our use of the injections is based on the protocol of Dr. S...in Tx. I do know of at least on patient who could not tolerate the ATP-different things work for different people. ATP and CoQ ACL carnitine and the other mitichondrial enhancers have worked really well in my case.

in response to IV GSH, one of my LLMD's and I consulted with Dr. David Perlmut.., the physician who first developed the protocol for IV GSH, several years ago. Dr. Perlmut.. combines IV GSH with oral Alpha lipoic acid, coQ 10, E, ACL carnitine and oral C.

I've recieved IV and IV push GSH in combination for approx 4 years. Unfortunately, at times the IV GSH was combined with vitamin C, which, if left to stand can oxidize GSH, so it is unclear whether or not I have derived full benefit from IV IV push GSH.

The majority of my treating physicians (with the exception of the physcian who was giving me my IV's) feel that the IV's, which also contain magnesium (I also receive weekly injections of mag and B6) are really helpful for me.

We do notice an improvement in brainfog and with spasms. My liver enzymes are also staying w/in range. GSH is not a cure, but for me, it is a vital part of the protocol.

Anne

Hope that this helps,

Anne

Posts: 183 | From US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymielu:
...but I will have to drive an hour and a half to get ATP/ Glutathione shots from the doctor that I found...

Would you mind letting me know where it is you are going for IV glutathione. I am considering it for my son... we are just north of Austin. I will send you my email address. thanks!!

Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes magnesium, and ONLY THIS electrolyte, to make our own ATP...via both routes.

If you look at the Romanian abstract and do the math...we're looking at a 30% reduction in the amt. of Mg early on in this disease.

That is an astounding amount! A 10% reduction is KNOWN to cause osteoporosis. This VERY significant deficiency requires IV doses over hours...testing...and maintaining.

According to Dr. Gary Kaiser, microbiologist, Bb uses Mg for its enzyme reactions.

It uses a LOT and we use it too in order to try to fight this pathogen.

Meanwhile, we need adequate Mg for many functions...with Ca to make HEALTHY ANTIBODIES is only one. We are making a LOT of damaged antibodies BECAUSE our Mg levels are low. Restoring the level of these nutrients healed the "fab" portion of the antibody to fight lyme.

Restore the balance. All of the symptoms and the disease process itself is CAUSED BY a very serious Mg deficiency.

This pathogen could not have chosen a more vital electrolyte to deplete.

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bysunrise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bysunrise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ann;

Are you aying if vitamins c is mixed with glutathione and left to stand,the glutathione can become oxidized? Does this happen if not mixed? What happens when it gets oxidized?
than you for your input.
best,
lea

>>I've recieved IV and IV push GSH in combination for approx 4 years. Unfortunately, at times the IV GSH was combined with vitamin C, which, if left to stand can oxidize GSH, so it is unclear whether or not I have derived full benefit from IV IV push GSH.

>>>>

Posts: 145 | From NE | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

If the GSH is oxidized by vit C, then GSH is not efficacious.

ALSO-and this is VERY important. GSH has to be refridgerated-it DOES need to be SHIPPED ON ICE and stored in your fridge.

I now have my GSH/ATP vials shipped overnight on ice-we are noticing that it is more effective. Also-when you speak with the compounding pharmacy, ask about whether or not shipping overnight on ice is included in the price, and try to get it included in the price of the prescription-in many cases, insurance will not reimburse shipping as an add-on, but they will reimburse for all or a portion of shipping if it is included in the cost of the prescription.
anne

nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

Marnie-thank you for your input.

Would it be possible for your to post several peer reviewed articles on Magnesium?

I am trying to assemble some info to force my insurance co. to reimburse for compounded, preservative free (the less expensive vials can contain preservatives such as aluminum) injectable and or IV magnesium.

Here is what would be helpful.
1. A peer reviewed article thta describes magnesium, and which may contain some of the many uses of inujectable or IV magnesium.
2. Any peer reviewed article that would contain information on IV and or injectable magnesium and the uses or in Lyme or other A> pathogen based diseases
B> neurological diseases.

My thought is that between the two of us, we can assemble a letter and info packet that would both force health insurers to reimburse for preservative free vials (compounded magnesium) and make it efficient and easy for our physicians to prescribe and to render this effective treatment alone and in combination with other necessary medical treatment.

Thanks,
Anne

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement