LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please, please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please, please help!
Bored
Member # 1663

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Bored     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all Lymies!

I'm Bored's girlfriend, and I wrote for him. Bored has late stage lyme disease. He has been now on hospital couple of weeks. He was two days at home, but we needed to call an ambulance again cause of that pain. He can't move at all now. He has intense pain on his back and testis. He gets Doxy IV and strong painkiller. We don't have reason for that pain. Urology founds nothing and ultrasound shows that everything is okay. Back's MRI shows that there are little disks, but they don't make nerve weight. (But who knows?) He has symptoms of epididymitis but tests are okay. Could that be an inflammation on testis and also on back or on back's nerve/nervesystem? What antibiotic (/combination) would help that kind of inflammation (inflammation on nerve)? And because doctors found nothing, they behave nastily, and Bored is still very sick. Ultrasoud doctor said that lyme is grate imitator, what we should to do now on this imitator? I can't even watch those Bored's pain attacks, because they are so violent and wild. I became on shock, when I'm just looking at. Please, if someone has some experiences or ideas, tell me. I'm so tired, and I don't know what to do. Thank you for any help an input.

Bored's girlfriend,
Catherine

Posts: 93 | From Finland | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thomas Parkman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thomas Parkman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Catherine,
You need to get your boyfriend to a lyme literate doctor as soon as possible. It sounds to me like you are having the problem that we all have had at one time or another in that we have had to deal with ducks. You are sick and in pain and they are blaming you for it because their damned tests show up nothing and of course since the tests show up nothing there is nothing there. How stupid can you get.
As for pain in the testis, I have chronic prostatitis. Be grateful you are a women. It can cause acute back pain, abdominal pain and pain down there like you would not believe. Doxy may not be able to do the trick. The latest drug of choice is to use minocycline and possibly some other antibiotic. You might want to start looking into the marshall protocol as a longer term apporach. For the testis saw palmetto might help, also zinc, 50 mg a day can be of value. I certainly hope he gets better and you can begin to get him the care he needs. The current batch of ducks do not seem to be doing anything. With best wishes, Thomas Parkman

Posts: 341 | From Columbia SC 29206 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mammachase
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mammachase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definetely a lyme doctor, I suffered in pain for 2 years and hospitalized 3 times and all tests possible run and then they gave me a full hysterectomy because of vagina pain, then finally every doctor said you must have fibro and thats when I saw a lyme doctor that diagnosed me.
Posts: 190 | From Bourne, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
francis1967
Member # 5704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for francis1967     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband, francis1967, has had the same pain. He was infected in Sweden in 1997. We have been lucky enough to have a good dr that consults with us on a weekly basis and is switching his meds to get the right combo. I don't know what we would do without him. The only thing that really helps the pain is Magnesium in large doses. After a few months of abx the pain is subsiding. Good luck!
Posts: 15 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymelighter
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear Bored is not doing well.

This is a tough one. Lyme is the great imitator. My LLMD said Lyme can cause epidymitis, prostatitis, etc. and abx treatment should help.

MRIs of the spine are subjective. They may look benign, yet not be indicative of the level of pain someone is in. If the MD doesn't see a ruptured disc or nerve compression, it's hard to tell the origin of specific symptoms. A Neurologist or Neurosurgeon would be the most adept at ruling out the symptoms as they relate to the spine.

A LLMD would be the next step, if possible. If not, an MD who would consult with a LLMD in Europe or the states would be an idea.

I hope Bored feels much better! He needs to get well so he can go to the Sweden Rock Festival this summer.

[This message has been edited by Lymelighter (edited 09 June 2004).]

Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chainsaw joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chainsaw joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there,when I first got sick I had urethra pain(try telling docs that,think your nuts,no pun intended).I had a cycstoscopy,found nothing.I kept telling them something was wrong but they didnt listen.Thank God that is one of my symptoms that did improve over time with antibiotics.I think I started noticing improvement down there on biaxin.Hot baths gave some temporary relief.
Posts: 225 | From mass. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What just dawned on me.....

I have pain down there too...the urethra...and in several others places...but, I keep forgetting...the pain is actually caused by the
infection at the base of my skull.

In other words.....sympathetic/peripheral nerve pain from the occipital lobe area of the brain.

This may very well be a Neurological Herheimer!!!!!!!!

Ice the back of his head and the top of his neck real good!!

GOSH....why didn't I think of this before?

Do you have Chiropractors over there?

Cranial Sacral Massage might also help.

Oh MY GOSH...I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored
Member # 1663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you SO MUCH for helping us!

Bored game today to see the private professor urology, and he said immediately, that Bored has prostatitis and epididymitis. Urologists on our university hospital said that everything is okay. Professor urology said also, that on epididymitis were some kinds of ``callus'', or something. Bored will go on next Monday to clinical tests (cystoscopia and others), to make sure, that there is no cancer or something. He has also on next week ENMG; they try to find if there is something wrong on back's nerves.

Bored is now at home, and nurse bring IV doxy daily. Bored has still continuous pain and those violent pain attacks. We have to take a closer look to Marshall protocol. We have Burrascanos and ILAD:s guidelines. It is so much information to take a closer look... But it's a good thing.

Bored takes magnesium 350mg -700mg, what could be a good dosage? He started now saw palmetto and zink 50mg. We will take contact to cranial sacral massage or chiropractor after that ENMG.

Urologists on hospital said that there is "just pain" and gave lot of strong painkiller (morphine derivative). Yesterday one doctor said to me, that he don't believe that antibiotics could help Bored at all. I asked, that what help then, he said that he doesn't know. He clearly thought, that Bored imagine all those pains. Doctors are generally thinking here in Finland, that this kind of symptoms might be because of Post Lyme Syndrome, and that's why antibiotics will not help, and then ducks recommend strong painkillers, mood medicines and steroids.

We have no LLMD here in Finland, and our doctors will not consult, we have asked that so many times. We have to just try again. Have anyone information about names, phone numbers, addresses or e-mail addresses to take contact LLMD here in Europe? We have ID and neurology, which are okay, but they are not LLMD -ducks.

I'm just wondering, testis are on lower temperature than the other body, and a borrelia bacterium likes that... Maybe we have to demand that ducks take sample of epididymitis, tissue specimen? (There was that callus, cyst?) Could there be borrelia spirochete? Does anyone know if that could be possible?

Have anyone experiences or ideas, what antibiotic combination would help on this kind of situation? Bored is on doxy 200mg IV daily (have been already 14 days), but no help yet. Ducks have no ideas what could be good combination, does anyone? Maybe zithromax will help with doxy, any experiences? How doxy and biaxin works together? Bored has been on iv rocephin three weeks on year 2000, one month on year 2002 and one month on year 2003, and we believe that it have caused cysts, so that we don't want to take.

Thank for your any advises and input,
Bored's girlfriend,
Catherine

Posts: 93 | From Finland | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catherine:

I have a phone number you can call that hopefully can help you find the nearest LLMD near you. Maybe they can help you in some other way, also.

Email me @ [email protected]

Jill

[This message has been edited by JillF (edited 10 June 2004).]

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored
Member # 1663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bored     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jill! Thank you for phone number, we will try that! Bored is still very painful, maybe we have to go back to the hospital.

Have anyone else information about names, phone numbers, addresses or e-mail addresses to take contact LLMD here in Europe? We have ID and neurology, which are okay, but they are not LLMDoctors.

Have anyone experiences or ideas, what antibiotic combination would help on this kind of situation? Bored is on doxy 200mg IV daily (have been already 14 days), but no help yet. Maybe zithromax will help with doxy, any experiences? How doxy and biaxin works together?

Thank for your any advises and input,
Bored's girlfriend,
Catherine

Bored
Member # 1663

up
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find the Romanian abstract in my updated nutshell post. Cut and paste it and print it out for your friend's doctors.

This comes from a cancer hospital in Romania. Cancer and lyme both follow the glycolysis pathway (use sugar, not oxygen for energy).

Bb, according to microbiologist, Dr. Gary Kaiser, uses Mg for its enzyme reactions.

We need Mg...enough...to make ATP, to control over 350 enzymes, to make HEALTHY antibodies (lyme patients make a lot of damaged antibodies - the "Fab" portion), and to repair mitochondrial damage. This is KNOWN.

It is all documented in my nutshell post. The entire post will overwhelm them...they don't like to read a lot..most don't, so give them info. a little at a time.

My geography is awful. Any chance you can get him admitted to that hospital in Romania?
They CURED lyme patients...once they figured out just how very, very deficient they were in Magnesium.

Mg is an anti-inflammatory!!!

Zinc is tied up in calprotectin in our WBCs. The body is in a "protect" mode. Many OTHER pathogens use zinc to replicate.

Re: Marshall's protocol. I'm in the "other" camp. From my viewpoint, and research, I see altering the body's immune response by blocking TNF alpha is very risky. TNF alpha has many, many benefits which I documented in my updated nutshell post. While those doing thus may FEEL better, are they GETTING better? My goal is to find a cure, not another painkiller.

Bb heads for the mitochondria - the powerhouses - in our cells. The number of mitochondria in cells really varies. Thousands in liver cells, very few in cancer cells, ONE in sperm cells. Since the lyme spirochete impacts the mitochondria, these have to be impacted...and the location where they are made and stored...just a thought.

[This message has been edited by Marnie (edited 11 June 2004).]

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored
Member # 1663

Thank you Marnie, we have to study this all. And thank you all.

Bored is still very sick. Inflammation on the other epididymis is still very bad. They are going to operate that away.
He is now on Levaguin (levofloxacin)500mg by oral+ Doxy 200mg iv daily.
Help,

Catherine

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement