LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Whine and Cheese for Cootiegirl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whine and Cheese for Cootiegirl
cootiegirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleck! I feel Bleck!!! I have been doing soooo well. I have a couple of days each month where I'm a bit off, but those couple of days have moved on to over a week.

I know I've got the cast iron constitution around here and still don't know if I've even herxed. I think I am now.....

My stomach has been off, my legs weaker, sleep problems starting up again, my newfound energy is gone and I need to nap 1-2 hours a day, my wrists are stiff and achy again....blah, blah, whine, whine....I've also been busier so I'm thinking I'm really stirring things up....

I've been on tini and biaxin for about 5 months. My hope is that this is die off. If not, bummer.....I called my doc and am off abx for a week.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you on this one, Cave. I have read and read here about the timeline for herxes and I seem to defy them all. I too wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to the herxing, and why some people get sick real quick, while others go for months before getting hit. I guess it really confirms just how individualized this illness is.

I have to think too that the longer one has the disease, the longer it's going to take for the die off to occur. I've been feeling good, really good for the last few months and have started to try to lead a quasi normal life. I'm not able to work by any means, but I have been more alert (less naps),getting out more, managing household stuff, better nighttime sleep, more energy (hey I lost 10 pounds and even started some mild exercise). And like I said, I have had mild symptoms once a month all along, but nothing like this.

So maybe these 'antique' (possibly 30 year old plus) cysts are finally rupturing. And it's taken 5 months of constant exposure to these abx to do that....

It does raise a question in my mind as to how to answer newbies when it comes to herxing. I guess it's just not all black and white. I'm soooo confused.....
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Just wanted to drop in and bring some crackers to this whine and cheese party.

We mize well make the best of it.

I do think those hot epsom salt baths every other day helped me as long as I keep with them.

Hopefully, it will help you too. At least we won't stink.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Kam,
Thanks for the epsom salt bath idea. You won't find me arguing over a nice cozy soak!How much do you add to a bath? And about how long do you soak - a day or two LOL!?

I have a FIR sauna too and have avoided sitting in it thinking it may make matters worse, but then again, it might be a good option.....what do you think?
cootiegirl

aaronkatie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cootie,
not much to add but i'm sorry you are feeling so bad, i've noticed a quiet tone from you lately and been a bit worried.

I hope it passes soon. I will be thinking bout you!!!

bets

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sucks to be on a roll then the roll turns and runs over you
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you!

Im sorry to hear that you feel like crap. When did we switch off? Last we emailed, it took me like two weeks to get back to you due to the evil herx! ICK

Now.. about these herxs- they don't make any sense, and I have given up a long time ago.

When I first started abx therapy, I herxed every 28 days on the nose. I could mark them suckers on the calendar, BUT I felt good in between. That lasted a whole six months.

Ever since then ( November of 2003) I herx whenever, whereever, for how ever long, with absolutely no schedule at all.

From what I have listened to HERE, that would mean "bad news". From listening to my LLMD, I've heard things such as

Lysis - you killed one form, now you're on to the next so the herxing starts all over

or "cyst formation, lets give ya flagyl"

or or or!

But in any case, it is never fun, its never interesting and it surely doesn't make you feel positive about things!

I went from herxing every 28 days to pretty much just herxing all the time.

ICK!

You hang in there and feel better darnit!
P.S. I just got put on biaxin too, so Im a hoping and praying for a miracle here.

I started out LOW dose 250 mg and ramping up- 250 mg, on day TWO kicked the living crap right out of me. Oy!

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cave:

I think the Lyme God got Pe- od cause I was cheating on him with Bart until his evil girlfriend Babs just HAD to roll on in and take away all my fun!

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cootiegirl:

Im so sorry to read about terrible you are feeling.

I cant help you in any way regarding herxing, but i can send you a great big hug!

I hope its going a little better today.

Jordan

------------------

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbeannie
Member # 3330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbeannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cootiegirl!

I think that the sauna is a good idea along with lots of pure water to help flush out some of the toxins. Drinking green juice a couple of times a day is something that helps me. I hope you feel better soon.

Cheers!
Jeannie

Posts: 51 | From Vancouver | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement