LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nymphal tick in my hip..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nymphal tick in my hip..
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cat Sara died suddenly last night, she was only six years old, and it was fast. She started having breathing problems, and five minutes later she was throwing up blood, and passed out on the floor. By the time she got to the vet she was already gone.

The vet said it was likely a clot in her heart thet moved to her lungs. he sees this more often in older cats, but he said they can have this heart condition and not show any signs clinically, or even in regular checkups, which she had all the time.

I proceeded to go into the small patch of trees in the front, to bury her there in a beautiful spot. (so I wasn't even in the big woods..)

As I was going to bed I caught glimpse of a nymphal tick that had sunk its hypostome into my hip..

And it hadn't even taken me out to dinner first!

I am going on the assumption that the IV Rocepnim, plus Minocycline amd Rifampin will take care of a blood stream invasion (?)

To be safe, I also, after removing it (it was not engorged) treated locally with Kfarrahs Lyme Essence essential oils, and also used the oils on my head and spine, so as not to chase the spirochete away from the bite and into my brain.

Do you think I'm protected?

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 27 June 2004).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catrina
Member # 5344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be in the air. I, too, found a tick on me last night. The one I had on me, however, was a dog tick. And I was only outside for 5 minutes with long pants, etc.

Those creatures are so sneaky. It just freaks me out.

Just curious, if the nymphs are so very small, how did you see it or notice it was there?

CAT

Posts: 43 | From Atlanta GA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I always check. Though I admit this could have been easily missed.

I checked when I came in, and again a little later, because I was in this patch where I suspected ticks..and idn't find it.

Once embedded, I could see it, and it lookied like a tiny black scab. I was careful not to scratch it off until I took a closer look, and sure enough..when I really focused on it, I could see the legs.

I use a remover I got for three bucks at Agway. It is plastic, and you push the prongs out by depressing the back side of the "syringe" like tube, which ejects a prong that opens. You get the prong as close to the mouthparts as possible, and then have patience and gently turn counter clockwise, steadily..until the tick pulls itself out.

This works very well, as it does not cause the tick to spit back into you, and actually gets it to take itself out, so will not leave the "head" in.

It works much better than a tewwzer.

It's called DeTicker II

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catrina
Member # 5344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. I have so many floaters these days, I not sure I could differentiate between all this stuff floating in front of my eyes and something that small.

I just wondered how you saw it.

CAT

Posts: 43 | From Atlanta GA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I am very sorry about your kitty. I know how painful it is to lose them.

It is terrible that you had to deal with a tick bite at this time. Did you save it? If you did, I would recommend getting it tested at IgeneX for the co-infections. If it had Babs, the meds you are on would not cover it. Either way, tell your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babs..hmm.

I'm also on Malerone at the moment, and pulsing Artemisinin.

Of course, this happened on an off pulse week.

Maybe I'll stay on it a few more days.

Then my bases may be covered..except for any and all unknown infections that we haven't discovered yet. I don't trust the tick tests entirely, even though they are allot more accurate than blood tests.

I will have to tell my LLMD..and watch his head explode..I have been a complicated bird as it is.

Thanks for the condolances. It was very sudden, and she was very much "my kitty", with me all the time. Stinker, the other one..howls for her allot. Even the dog's depressed. They were both standing over her when it happened.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 27 June 2004).]

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, so sorry about your cat. They become part of the family. We have 6 and only 1 is mine. I think I have a welcome sign sprayed on the door. Also when our old cat of 20 years died, one of the other cats cried for two days and would often cry at night. So the other pets being sad is not unusual.

I left a message for Marnie on General(I'm in a fog) that is actually for you. If it suits you sometime, check it out and let me know what you think. lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say how sorry I am about the loss of your cat.

Jake and Jordan's cat died suddenly and then the kids got ill shortly after that. We have always wondered if their cat had Lyme Disease.

Jordan had a head injury in April of 1999 and I think this cat spent all of her time on the couch with Jordan.

------------------

[This message has been edited by pab (edited 28 June 2004).]

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pab,

Sara used ro do the same thing. Even with Ryan, who wasn't her usual favorite (his buddy is Stinker) when he was so ill for all those months last year, she just laid right by him all that time.

After that, whenever he had a flare she was there by him. They know.

In the Hospice house my Mom works in, they knew when a patient was going to pass because the cat would be on their bed constantly for days proceeding.

I don't think this cat had Lyme, but I can't be positive. She didn't ever like toi go outside..though the other one did before we got sick and confined him to the house..so they may both have it. Rather than testing, I have decided to treat him myself with Zithromax, which would work on Lyme and Bartonella. Probably will do a few courses spaced out. I would not trust the test results in negative anyway.

Mo

I also noticed how many other posts we're getting on tick attatchments in the past few days!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement