LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone else using Ketek (Telithromycin) ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else using Ketek (Telithromycin) ?
1981Z28
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1981Z28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

My LLMD has put me on 800mg of Ketek a day with my 1,000mg of usual Tinidazole 2x's a day. Ketek is a new abx that apparently is great for abx resistant bugs, mycoplasma infections and is usually used mainly for respiratory problems.

I'd like to know if anyone else out there is trying this new abx and how it's making them feel. What should I expect as today is day one and already I feel like I'm starting a herx.

Looking for personal experiences please.

Posts: 302 | From Kamloops, B.C., Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1981Z28
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1981Z28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I followed through on all of the links and it helped tme to get the idea that this could turn out to be comparable to say my 2nd herx?

Today is day two and I overslept, woke up swollen and can barely get my loose ring off and I look like I've been crying all night. My throat is a bit sore but mainly I'm just dragged right out and still feeling like I have a flue. Considering all of this is after just one 800mg dose yesterday morning I'm getting the feeling that this is gonna ramp up wildly. I just wish I knew for sure so I'm not totally surprised.

Would you mind e-mailing sometime at [email protected] as I'd be interested in knowing where abouts in B.C. you are and how things have gone and are going now?

Anyone else with Ketek experience out there?

Thanks!

Posts: 302 | From Kamloops, B.C., Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1981Z28
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3484

I got it, thanks!

Anyone else out there have any personal experience with Ketek? Pleas share, I'd love to know.....day 2 now and the herx is ramping up.

Thanks all.

Corinne E
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi from another Canadian,

I saw Dr. M on Saturday and will be starting ketek after the 18th of July. I am having a spinal tap done on the Sunday I think it is the 17th of July. I know that there is very little chance that the lyme might show up, but who knows. Dr. M has said even if nothing shows up, he still believes I have lyme.

I will be reading closely to see how you all are doing. 1981Z28 I hope you are doing well and your herxes lessen. Hi lymealiveandkicking and hope you are well too.

Just got home from work awhile ago and off to bed I go. I seem to tire so easily. You know there are moments when I feel pretty good, and then I say to myself well maybe you don't have lyme or you are not that sick, and then that only lasts a short while (sometimes minutes) before I feel either pretty awful or just not well.

God Bless and take care

Corinne

Posts: 461 | From Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1981Z28
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3484

Hi Corinne,

I sure hope your spinal tap goes well too. Sorry to hear you have to go through that but as already said, you're in good hands.

Let us know how it goes! I'll keep everyone posted as to how I'm doing. Going through an insomnia fit right now, but sooner or later I'll get to sleep.

Corinne E
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corinne E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I just remembered this. I know that Dr. M and lots of other LLMD often wonder if the patient really has lyme, especially if never had a test.

Well when we were talking, I couldn't for the life of me remember the word lyme. Dr. M prodded me a few times and it sounded silly the explanations I gave for the word. I must have given about a dozen names but not the word "lyme". I know it was the first time that he saw/heard in person from me that I couldn't remember something. Even though I was rested and calm, I was out to lunch in thinking. It used to be most of the time I would never be at a loss for words. I used to have an excellent memory. The last 5 years, my memory has really gone downhill. I can look good and sound stupid or I can look bad but sound great. One of these days I am going to look good and sound great, I only hope it is soon.

God Bless and take care

Corinne

Posts: 461 | From Abbotsford, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinboston
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3173

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymeinboston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Ketek like Minocin but a newer generation?
Posts: 139 | From Boston, MA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement