LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Daily low grade fevers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daily low grade fevers?
smiles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5635

Icon 5 posted      Profile for smiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Friday, I've been having a very low grade fever every night 98.9 - 99.1.

Kind of wonder if it has anything to do with the supplements I've been taking (first week with good consistency).

Ideas? Similiar experiences?

Posts: 160 | From MD, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago my temp went up, very gradually, throughout the day. I don't check it anymore because I can feel it when my normal 97.4 goes above 98 degrees.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, low grade fevers are a sign of a bad herx. When I herx it's usually not very severe but when I'm first starting a good combo I tend to get fevers on and off for a few weeks, especially with Babesia treatment. Could be the supplements causing a herx. Or it could be something else. Have you ever noticed low-grade fevers before?

--Annie

------------------
``The best way out is always through.'' -Robert Frost

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rita and arg82, thanks for answering.

Last night, I noticed that the fever started around 5p or 6pm and by 9p or 10p it seemed to lower.

I don't think I've had them before. In the fall I kept getting chills and feeling like I had a fever, but my temp was normal.

I do notice, though, that my temp in the am is 98.4. I can't remember what my normal temp is (pre-lyme) I never took it all that often.

There is a piece of me that thinks it might be related to the supplements. However it does fit right in with the four week cycle -I am between week 12 or 13 of treatment.

Anyone else with a similiar experience? I am thinking about calling my doctor if it continues.

Posts: 160 | From MD, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, had low-grade fever for a couple of years before and during the first many months of treatment. I've been treated with abx and many different combos for 22 months.

I can say now that my fevers are a thing of the past. This, too, shall pass as you get further into your treatment.

It is not unusual to have fever with an active infection...as a matter of fact, usually you do have fever with an active infection, albeit low or high fever...does not matter, it is normal.

Just remember the further you are in treatment, the fever should subside.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EAC82
Unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have suffered from low grade fevers for the last two years. Was diagnosed with chronic Lyme this past February. I'm in month 4 of abx treatment, and the fevers have definitely decreased in frequency. I still get them, but not nearly as often as I did before I started treatment. Doc said that I would have ups and downs in treatment, so the fact that the fevers reappear every now and then don't freak me out. Hopefully they will eventually disappear. They stink, don't they? Best of luck, I hope yours begin to disappear.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this low grade temp in PM's daily for over a year. never had them the first year of treatment, but into my second I did.

For me it may be babesia related, because therapy with Artemether brought it to normal..then it crept back.

But, it could still be from the other infections, and maybe the artemether had some activity on those, too.

But that is not a drug that can be used long term.

So..I can't be sure which of my four identified infections it comes from, just that my body is putting up some fight against one or all of them.

It does fatigue you.

I imagine further treatment as Rosis said will resolve it.

Good idea to take your temop during med changes, to track response.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smiles,

Im sitting here taking my temperature as im typing this.

That was my first indication that something was wrong.

My body temperature was always low around the upper 97's.

This last year and a half, i also get the late afternoon low grade fevers. They suck. They take so much out of you.

I found out i had LD and babs. I have only been in treatment for 2.5 months, so i have not noticed that much improvement.

Actually, around "that time of the month", i always get a low grade fever.

I think i have been herxing this past month because my chart shows a fever almost everyday in July. Now, i feel like i have been run over by a truck. I have ZERO energy.

What kind of supplements are you takin? My morning temperature is also around 98.4.

Hang in there,

Jordan

------------------

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dullchime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive had low grade fevers every afternoon into the evening for about a month. Ive been on antibiotics for a week and the fevers are starting to go away. Yesterday i had one for about an hour and that was it. My ears just get red and my eyes feel like they're slightly burning-(glassy). Freakin annoying isnt it??
Posts: 232 | From kennett square, PA USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dullchime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgot to add---

I took a nap when i started to get a fever and I slept ok and the fever was gone when i got up. If they're really bothering you, Advil seems to help reduce the fuzzy feeling a little bit. Hope i helped

Posts: 232 | From kennett square, PA USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the low grade fevers are a sign of a herx or atleast in my case. While I was on abx(I am currently taking a break liver enzymes high) I usually ran a slightly lower temp 97.3 or 97.1. Now that I am off abx I am finding myself sometimes running high 99's or even 100.6 oneday. Usually happens in the late afternoon. I know they say the Bab's can throw off your temp, but so can Lyme.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christier66
Member # 6038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christier66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having low grade fevers for a while until I started taking a combo of Biaxin and Doryx. I have multiple tick born infections: lyme, bartonella, and erlichiosis.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Low grade fevers are probably a sign of your immune systems actually working. :-)
Isn't that what's supposed to happen when people are fighting an infection. If it doesn't happen when you have an infection then the immune system might not be contributing to the fight. I'd welcome a higher body temp than a lower one anyday.

[This message has been edited by kaos (edited 04 August 2004).]

Posts: 373 | From Southern California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
low grade afternoon fevers= babesia
Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been treated w/ abx for about 2 1/2 yrs. now, and have run fever most of that time.

some low, some high, there really is no rhyme or reason to mine it seems. i know there have been numerous numerous times i have been sitting in the dr. office, not even aware of my temp. just aware of how horrid i feel,

it is alway my doc who looks at me, feels my face and neck, and freeks! anymore, it is not unusual for me to run 102 degree temp, and at times, as high as 103.

which, would have NEVER happened prior to beginning abx. treatment.

hope you feel better, if you tend to get a headache w/ the fever, excedrine really helps mine.

(((HUGS))) daphne

Posts: 232 | From ft. worth, texas, | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lla2:
low grade afternoon fevers= babesia

My thought exactly...its like a lightbulb went off when someone says that.....I agree lla2...just my 2 sense

Duh...I should edit in my experience right? LOL Oral surgery, got my tooth out...maybe they took my brain out instead hehehe

I ran low grade fevers in the afternoons for 4-5 months straight until they did a FISH test on me for Babesia and I cam up positive. After a month or 2 or treatment fevers slowly dropped. They go up and down. But are not steadily up anymore....

Sorry for the brain fart.........

Take Care
Abbie

------------------
You can only see the stars when its the darkest.................

[This message has been edited by AAmeri21 (edited 05 August 2004).]

Posts: 149 | From New City, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shassler64
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shassler64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I had low grade fevers for months on end when I first got sick.It has settled down now.
Sue from downunder.

Posts: 801 | From Kiama,Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

had a BAD fever last night-- I hope this crap goes away. otherwise Im feeling better--havent been tested for coinfections yet- cant get into my LLMD till sept.23rd damn it!
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

I dont have the fevers everyday but enough to worry me.. has anyone had fevers that went away with the abx treatment???

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement