LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feels like "heart pain", but to the right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feels like "heart pain", but to the right?
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I'm used to dealing with lots of symptoms, but this one I wondered if anyone can help me figure out what it could be..

Since my neighbor recently went into the hospital with total heart block from what we later pinpointed as a good dose of our neighborhood strain of Lyme, Bart, and Babesia, I figured I ought to ask a couple of questions.

It'a new thing, happening all day, and feels like heart pain, but is not where my heart is, is to the right of it. It's pretty comstant, and worse when taking a deep breath, or lieing down, or stretching.

It isn't a pulsing pain, more of a concentrated severe soreness inside chest. I was once told by my co-infections Doc that Mycoplasma can cause what feels like heart pain, but is actually tightness in the chest wall. Then again, Lyme or Bartonella or Babesia (I have all four) can effect the heart as well.

Anyone have this and know what it could possibly be?

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, good luck.. I do not have a clue if it's from the shovel load of critters you possess, but I went to the hospital last Dec. with many of the symptoms of a heart attack. It wasn't one. Have you been doing anything strenuous?

I even responded to the heart meds in the ambulance. I was very uncomfortable and the pain progressed all day. I eventually could not lay down.

I had been shoveling snow but had taken pain and acid reflux meds. Trying to cover all bases. Nothing worked. Then I started to worry. Didn't think God would be able to fill my shoes with health care for my daughter so when the sweats broke out, I even asked for a repreive.

It got so severe that my husband called the ambulance..I had pulled an inner chest muscle that is between the ribs and the heart. Since then I know of a friend that was diagnosed with a similiar problem but on the right side..

The ambulance ride was horrible. Funny now looking back..It was in the middle of a bad snow storm. I could not breathe when I sat down so I made them let me sit up. There were cars behind us. Then it hit me that they were going to make me strip from the waist up for the EKG. I was out and flopping for all to see. I remember telling one of the techs, who is a perv, that if he ever tells anyone he say my boobs,that I would kill him.

Good luck and hope you don't have to go to the hospital. lymemomtooo

ps..but don't fool around with it..Get it checked out.

[This message has been edited by lymemomtooo (edited 09 August 2004).]

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Mo,

I am the poster girl for chest pain. My LLMD told me that chest pain is a common Lyme symptom, because the Lyme bugs are in the nerve roots in the spine, and they can irritate nerves that wrap around the rib cage.

It can be on either side. The nerve is inflamed all around the rib cage, but the nerve endings to the left or right of your sternum can be particularly inflamed.

It will also make the surrounding ribs and soft tissue sore; and then sometimes a sharp pain where the nerve ends.

He even told me I might be afraid I was having a heart attack; but it was actually from the nerve.

Of course if there is any chance there is cardiac involvement, get it checked out properly!

But I was reassured by how familiar the LLMD was with chest pain, and in fact how common a Lyme symptom it is.

My one piece of advice: don't get nerve block injections for that pain. I did, and it made the pain worse. Now I need to control it with narcotic pain meds.

I also noticed that it would flare and decrease with the vicissitudes of the illness as a whole.

Hope this helps!
And I hope you feel better very soon!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

My husband had the same symptoms as you & he ended up in the ER for left-sided lung pleurisy. (This can involve l or both lungs.)

They gave him Indomethacin which is anti-inflammatory, & will tear up your stomach. Be careful. And, he got Vicodin for pain.

Thank God they didn't try to give him steroids; I wasn't ready to fight them off on that---but we would have, if necessary.

My husband had chest pain & it hurt when he breathed in. (That's the signal for pleurisy).

On the way to the hospital his breathing was getting more difficult & painful; we thought it was a heart attack???

They did a heart work-up on him & his heart was fine & x-rayed the lungs. The DOCS guessed it was pleurisy & gave him l Indomethacin to see if he got better in the ER.

It took 2 hours to see any improvement. (He could not lie down earlier because if he did he couldn't breathe.) It was that bad & scary.

We let him go too long before going to the ER.

We stayed in ER until breathing was better & got to leave. Then the DOC decided it was indeed pleurisy. The ER nurse was very kind to take time to explain that he's seen pleurisy knock people flat out/debilitate them temporarily.

Rest & anti-inflammatories are their treatment. My husband worked as quickly as possible to go down to Motrin because the Indomethacin (which is an old timey arthritis drug) is hard on the tummy & his Lyme is worse there.

From my research, this can definitely be Lyme related. Do whatever you need to do.

When you've been treated, you might try some potent aloe vera to lubricate that area. What about some hyaluronic acid capsules for lubrication -----just a thought.

I've got to run, but I'll check the post in a little while.

This is extremely painful, so take care.
Jan

[This message has been edited by RECIPEGIRL (edited 09 August 2004).]

[This message has been edited by RECIPEGIRL (edited 10 August 2004).]

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a similiar prob with gallbladder pain.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess hoping for one easy answer was childishly optomistic of me!

Thank you for all of the feedback, though, now I do have things to consider and sort of rule out/rule in.

COL..your gall bladder made it hurt up near your sternum?

LymeMomtoo..oweeee!..that doesn't sound fun. I haven't done anything strenuous like that, but I will try and discern if it is possibly a muscle pull.

I do hope I'm not flashing any paramedics anytime soon..I'm sorry you had to take a ride with a perv..but I like what you said to him!!

Henson..this is very interesting and gives me something to look into. I had no idea the spine could have a wrap around effect on the nerves to the chest wall. This is possible I think in this case, also could be Bartonella or Mycoplasma.

RecipeGirl..This souns like a possibility, too. Your husbands experience sounds similar.

I will check into that one, too. I do have the Indomethacin here..my tummy is made of iron (my LLMD often says)..and while I should find out what this is exactly, it's good to know I have a possible pain reliever here in my cubby.

I think instinctively it is Lyme related, if it is pleurisy..I have recently changed my therapies.

You said the Docs guessed after the X-ray..is it something they can't test for or see on film?

Just wondering in case I have to go in and ask about it.

Thank you all very much,

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 09 August 2004).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Again,
I think pleurisy is a diagnosis of exclusion. My husband said nothing showed up on his chest x-ray. His blood work was normal, too.

They didn't want to get into causes because as you know, ERs don't do that!!! (HA! Can you believe it?)

In retrospect, the DOC was waiting to see if my husband responded to the Indomethacin before confirming the diagnosis & dismissing him.

So you see, it took us a while to figure it out that the DOC was actually making a guess, but a correct one.

I'm sure if a PCP did a 48-hour blood culture & the cause was bacterial, it would show up on your culture.

If it was viral, that ER DOC should have been able to decipher that from the CBC---I think.

(The reason I say that is that my son's PCP would always run a blood test in office to see if his sore throats were of viral origin & of course the Quick Strep Test.) The PCP would come back & say----oh, it's just viral.

Pre-lyme diagnosis, I had just a hint of what felt like pleurisy for a couple of days. The DOC ran a blood test/culture for something else.

The result showed "low/mild" mycoplasma pneumoniae. I was prescribed Levaquin.

Anyway, my husband was acutely ill & had to have treatment immediately because he flat out couldn't breathe. It was awful.

Here's hoping you can find the root cause of this.
Take Care,
Jan

P.S. Should have told you this: After my husband was well, the pleurisy tried to come back on him if he was under stress or overtired. His father had a stroke & boom it started to come back, so we started treating it immediately.

This time we knew what it was for sure & didn't let it get bad again. BYE!

[This message has been edited by RECIPEGIRL (edited 09 August 2004).]

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening Miss Maureen,

Just checking in on you. Goodness, this sounds so painful, I am so sorry!

I too hope that you and the docs can figure this one out soon! How long has it been since you have had a good cardiac work-up?

Take extra good care, OK? And remember...

WE DON'T MESS WITH CHEST PAIN!!!

Much love to ya,
M

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Melanie Reber (edited 11 August 2004).]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this may sound weird but it could be a gastro problem (ulcer, hernia, or even gallbladder).

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, chest pain is very common with lyme. My whole family has Lyme and we all have had strong chest pains at one time or another. My wife & I have both been in the ER room multiple times for chest pain. Heart has always checked out fine.

With treatment chest pains have gone away. With abx the chest pains subsided but didn't go away. Have been rifing over a year now. Have been off abx for over a year and with no chest pains.

Of course, when you have chest pain, I would still get it checked out with a physican. We have enough problems without messing around with heart attacks.

Good Luck, Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mo Jo...

Not to mess around with. The worry is enough to cause you more problems... and cause ME problems too!!!

Please...

Check it out... and if it is NOT heart pain... let us know.

I have some suggestions after you get it checked..

Like.. lay a warm MOIST heating pad on the area for a few minutes and relax.

DON'T fall asleep though...

If it is swollen up lymph nodes along the breast bone area.. this may help. If it is a muscle thing.. this may help.

Only for a few minutes though... ok?

Please let us know how you are doing tomorrow. OK?

We do care...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of the muscle spasms that won't let go feel like this. I had it big time. Try to up a b s o r b a b l e magnesium. Maybe your mag reservoir is low and balance the calcium against it - the two go with each other, one pulls, the other relaxes. So the balance of mg and calcium is most important.

When that was going on with me, I had Mag IV and learned to give it to myself IM every other day into the muscle ( 3 ml mag sulfate mixed with 2 ml procaine, so it will not hurt. It fixed it over time, but it takes a while. My husband also had a lot of it and it helps.

(no, my name is not Marnie, but that we can be depleted, that I totally agree with)

My best.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 11 August 2004).]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

OH YEAH! And out my back, and in my shoulder blades, and in the LEFT side of my stomach. It did a doozy on me and I walked aroudn with symptoms for three years before my GP finally thought Gallbladder when the pain actually started occuring NEAR the gallbladder.

Gallbladder can cause referred pain- in different areas of the body.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymelighter
Member # 5310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymelighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had chest pain for years and it was one of my worst symptoms. I'm convinced it was from Babs as years of chest pain went away after one day of MEPRON.

I wouldn't touch nerve block injections with a 1000 ft pole. Some pain ducks use steroids in the injection and we all know what that means to a Lymie...

Posts: 1010 | From Mars | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimeOfLyme:
OH YEAH! And out my back, and in my shoulder blades, and in the LEFT side of my stomach.
Gallbladder can cause referred pain- in different areas of the body.

YEP! My gall bladder pain was mostly around my sternum. Hurt to breathe. Doc decided to run an EGD [scope]first, thinking it was acid reflux. That turned out pretty much OK, so on to the sonogram for GB. Yep, it was the GB.

Keep us posted, Mo...good idea to find out what it is!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
battlewithlyme
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for battlewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gallbladder attack first felt like pressure right in the middle of my chest and then came the pain...couldn't breate well and hurt worse than anything i'd ever experienced in my life (including the birth of 3 children).

When the dr. questioned me, he asked if it hurt to the right or in my shoulder or back...which is common w/ gallbladder.

The attack i had lasted about 2 hours, then subsided...but it varies in different people.

Good luck in getting this resolved.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Hey, Wow..

Look at all these replies! Shucks..you do still care..

I tried to ignore it, and it went away the next day, but was back worse that night.

It's just in one spot, to the right of the sternum... above my breast..on the "inside" of that area. Hurts when I breath in, when lieing down (except if I lay on the side it is on)..or if I turn or stretch.

I begrudgingly went for the heart asessment..the pain was really bad last night. No problems with the ol'ticker..everything good, nothing showing on X-ray of chest area either.

I mentioned Pleurisy and ER thought maybe, but I also could not get any useful info on TBD related causes, of course..so I just went to rule out the heart stuff and asked to go..

The thing that comes to my mind the most on it is Mycoplasma.

When I saw Doc E (the Bartonella and Myco East coast guy)..I had this same pain, but much less intense, and for months, not days..and he said Mycoplasma can effect the muscles in that area..sort of a chest wall tigtening, or even lung "cramping".

This duller version went away after a couple of months on abx's for Bart and Myco..

I've recently changed my therapies pretty drastically, and maybe this has had some effect (good or bad) on the Mycoplasma chest/lung condition.

This pain lessens allot during the day, and gets worse at night. It is also coming with a low grade fever, fatigue, and unusual, extrordinary HUNGER (which makes me hope an immune response may be a factor)I am eating like a horse, and am a comfortable kind of sleepy, three days of this and continuing, and then the pain.

I am taking ionic liquid Mg for a few months now..steady dosing thoughout the day in my drinking water..and eating Mg foods every day often.

I will explore a higher dose or IV or IM, GiGi..if this is spasms.

My best guess is that a) my immune system is kicking in as a result of what I have been doing, and working out a kink, in which case, I should see this start to subside..

or b) My Mycoplasma is totally out of control and I need to go back on those meds.

I will also check into ulcer and GB just in case..and the nerve ending possibility.

It "feels" like a steady "cramp" in the upper lung or muscle there..to me.

Thanks for all of these ideas to go on.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 11 August 2004).]

troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing that came to my mind....

radiant gastro/abdominal pain......GERD can actually cause a rise in temperature...

But....I liked what everyone else said here too.

TRout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the pain hurts when you breath or when you lay on certain sides more than the other it is not cardio according to the ER doc. Yes I too thought I was having a heart attack. They tought I was crazy but there is no use in explaining that Lyme might be causing referred pain in the area of the heart.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reibersc
Member # 5752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reibersc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have bi-lateral chest pain. Thought I was having a heart attack. My biggest problem with pain is in the muscles of the shoulders and across the upper back. At it's worse, the muscles tighten up so bad that they burn and I have very limited range of motion. The muscle pain will radiate up into the neck and further down the to the mid back. I noticed that when I flare in the shoulder muscles, the chest pain really gets bad. It seems that the muscular pain wraps around the back and into the chest.
Posts: 23 | From Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Mo. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

I've had symptoms like this that responded well to Zithromax taken 2x/day with plaquenil. Also, I recently had a chance to risk some stretching exercises after several months away, and was shocked at how much gunk, fluid and stuff, had accumulated in my upper chest and neck. Just a few stretches sent me into coughing fits and caused a minor Lyme relapse within an hour. The upper chest seems to be a real hotspot for the bug.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronkatie
Unregistered

Mo,
i'm so sorry you are going thru this pain, believe me I know how awful it is!

I've been going thru it since last december. Mine started - with my port - (possibly) being placed but even with it out I still have the same pain almost exactly as you describe.

I have had EVERY test imaginable and my insurance company loves me

It is most likely the tissues/muscles and/or nerves inflamed and we know that lyme likes to hit those areas and from what my llmd said - it doesn't like to let go!! I actually have felt better (sort of?) since trying to use my arms and all of my muscles - water physical therapy sort of. Seems that if I use them enough it helps move out the bad stuff but geez does it hurt in the mean time.

But like others probably said, don't mess with chest pain - call your doc!!

good luck.

Mo
Member # 2863

For me, I have come to the conclusion that this was Mycoplasma related.

I also cleared allot of "gunk" following this episode, which creshendoed (word?) into a fever of a hundred and four, with concurrent front and back chest pain that grew increasingly worse with that fever.

After that, it slowly diminished, and a week later, the caughing began.

Interesting, because I see there may be a connection with some of you and some form of Mycoplasma.

The treatment with Zithromax and following response in the poster above (sorry, forgot your name) makes sense in this theory, too..with the particular strain M.pnumoniae..

Have any of you been tested for Mycoplasma, or had response with these symptoms to abx that would target Mycoplasma? Since the tests are poor, you could get some idea if you have response to macrolides (for all strains of Mycoplasma..except M.Fermentans)

M.Fermentans only responds ro tetracycline derivatives, I am on Mino (and Rifampin.)

I wonder if this chest wall tightening, pluerisy type pain is actually a co-infection with Myco.

I have had M.Fermentans documented via PCR (DNA) testing..but..it took some time and multiple tests to find it. It was there for over a year undetected, and as I said, I had MANY negative tests run before we "caught" it.

Something for all to consider, IMO.

Mo

liz28
Unregistered

Mo, what do you think of this new drug Ketek? According to the highly suspect authors who populate Google, Ketek is highly effective against macrolide-resistant organisms. I'm going to ask my long-suffering LLMD about it when we meet next week, and some Lymenetters have had success with it.
Mo
Member # 2863

Hey Liz..

You're the one I was referring to..
Um..my LLMD is very interested in this one, though he hasn't begun to use it yet, but says he will if I like what I find.

I have only found a couple of papers, I have been distracted with allot of other stuff in preparing an IEP for my son for school..

He did say that Doc K in CT (LL neurologist) really is impressed with it, and I have noticed some here are as well..

And have glossed over some posts of EuroLyme that slo show interest and/or response with this new drug.

It's not often they come up with a "new" one, and I know the interest is there.

It has yet to be tested long term, but I read some are feeling good results initially.

he did mention some say that it has good BBB penetration, I am hesitant because I have had such a good response switching from macrolides to Mino..that for my M.Fermentans..

But..then again, I have no reson to believe, despite negative testing, that I do not have one of the other strains of Mycoplasma as well.

Then again, again..it could help with Lyme and Bartonella.

Far too many "then agains" in this maze to ever be clear on what to do in theory.

Largely, the approach must be empirical. Like we have to make our best informed guess, and see if we respond well.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 05 September 2004).]

aaronkatie
Unregistered

Mo,
For some types of my chest pain I am almost positive it was mycos (i had/have m.pneumonia and c.pneumonia and who knows what else), plus the same symptoms you are talking about, where finally I had the coughing and fever.

Right now though for me it is probably inflammation from the stupid port - nerves being messed with.

But one note - when I had one IV of glutathione at llmd office a month ago, alot of the pain diminished.

Still get the darn tightening though - but it actually could be muscle spasming - just not used to it there.

Glad you figured yours out.

RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

Thanks for the update.

My husband (pleurisy/LD) & I were really relieved that you're able to find the root cause of this.

It's all so interesting.

My husband will ask to be tested for M. fermantans at next visit.

My 20 yr. old son's LLMD caught M. fermantans on the very first visit with lab work. (Done at LabCorp of all places; I thought MDL was the best at mycoaplasmas.)

She told him that later in life the m. fermantans could cause heart problems.

Hope you're better soon.
Take Care,
Jan

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 12 years ago with just that same described chest discomfort you're describing. It was my 1st symptom of others muscle spasm type pain to come.

I actually went to the ER with it thinking it was heart related.

One of the first posts sent to you by "Henson" would be my sense of what you could be experiencing with your Lyme. I am in the process of being tested for Lyme lo these many years later.

In all my reading I've been doing, I did read a Lyme medical article describing the syndrome written of by Henson of the chest wall discomfort a very common problem with the mycoplasms in the back, affecting the nerves in the chest wall.

After reading that, the light bulb moment happenend for me as I realized my initial chest symptom, most likely was a Lyme one. I have been bitten way back those 12 years ago and can remember a flu like reaction and migrain like headaches, then the muscle pain.

Have had the positve Bowen results and now waiting on the WB.

Hope this will be of help as you consider the most likely cause of your pain. Glad to hear it has subsequently gone away.
liz H.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement