LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help please - lightheaded and off balance.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please - lightheaded and off balance.....
GrandmaCLD
Member # 6050

Icon 9 posted      Profile for GrandmaCLD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past couple of weeks I have been continually light headed, and off balance. It seems to be getting worse, and I feel like I am leaning to the left all the time.

If I move too fast I'm sure to lose my balance, trip over my own foot, run into something, etc.

Advice anyone?

Posts: 15 | From Edgerton MN USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this a whie back. I just movd slowly and carefully. I know thats not much help.....sorry. Good news is it did go away.

Hey good excuse to sit around andwatch a movie.

Feel better soon,
robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BarelyBreathin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BarelyBreathin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am dizzy and feel like im walkin in a crooked house. It sucks I know! Some days worse than others. I havent found a dr. to treat me yet. Hope you have a good llmd. With treatment it should get better. Also make SURE you are getting your 8 to 10 glasses of water, this is good for many reasons, but it will stop any dizzyness that is common w/ dehydration..
P.S. If your thirsty this a sign that you are allready dehydrated.

Barely

Posts: 158 | From Vancouver,WA 98682 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Member # 3998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dizzyness was one of my first sx that caused me to seek treatment. Turns out it was one of the areas of my brain that was inflamed. I wound up haveing to take vailum 2mg three times a day to correct the problem. But I ignored it and did not get treatment for a while. I also had constant tinninits with it. What things I would reccomend would be to see an ENT that does ballance tests and eliminate any inner ear problems. Sometimes we blame everything on lyme when all we have is a cold kind of thing...

Also try taking Mg it helps with neuro sx for some people. Natural Calm is a powdered form of Mag. Cirtate that has a long shelf life compared to the liquid forms. Mg Citrate is the most bio available form, but I am assuming you are on abx. If not you may want to take Mg Maltate, long story but that is kind of how it works.....

Try a good anti-inflamatory I like aleve because I only have to take it every 12 hours, with something like this I saw improvement after a day or two of treatment. I took it like a perscription even though it was OTC.

Here is one thing that you may want to see if it effects you. Reading collums, like in a mag or in the bible or even reading scrolling words like on CNN or Fox News. If reading like that makes you dizzy it COULD be a sign that your dizzyness is associated with your CNS. I know because I cannot read the scroll with out almost passing out and if I read my bible fast I will get dizzy too. It has something to do with the eye motions.

Hope some of this helps you.

Sent

Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I had symptoms like this. One thing that helped me was a prescription medicine that my Primary Care Physician gave me, called Meclizine -- also nicknamed "Anti-Vert" (for anti-vertigo).

I seem to remember I didn't need a high dose of it to help me.

Do ask your doctor about Anti-Vert, as it may provide symptomatic relief.

(I do not own stock in the drug).

Warm wishes to feel better very soon!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being off balance is one of my major symptoms. I found a good physical therapist who got me on an exercise routine with exercises to retrain the brain for balance.

It has really helped!! Get your doctor to refer you to a good physical therapist. The drugs like valium or antivert help, but they do not solve the problem. The brain has to relearn how to balance properly. You cannot take the valium or antivert type drugs while you retrain the brain.

I was so bad last spring I used a walking stick and sat down to teach. Last week I hiked 6 miles in one day.

Posts: 9018 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement