LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » excessive salivation-anyone else have this wierd symptoms.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: excessive salivation-anyone else have this wierd symptoms.
Murt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a crazy symptom (excessive
salivation)
it just started a few days ago but I read somewhere that it can be a symptom of parkinson.
Has anyone else experienced this.

I have had body vibrations for over a year inspite of Mepron and Zith long term.

So I am wondering is there any other spitters out there?

Posts: 104 | From Thornton Pa. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sleepy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sleepy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a spitter but I'm a drooler. Just out of one side of my mouth. I always have to catch it.

My ID doc thought this hypersalivation could be due to something called sialeldenitis (sp?) but it hasn't been diagnosed yet. I have a lot of face pain issues.

The hypersalivation actually went away while I was on IV tx but came back about a month later when I was off of abx.

Sleepy.

Posts: 140 | From Vancouver Island | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymes be gone
Member # 6199

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lymes be gone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too! I am not on treatment yet, but I am a drooler! It comes and goes . . .at times I choke on it. It usually comes out of the right side of my mouth . . .why there? I'll wake up at night with a wet pillow. Then it goes away, only to come back latter. Your not alone!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for replying, at least I am not alone.
It does seem to come and go, maybe it has something to do with alergies, though I never had this symptom before Thanks again

Posts: 104 | From Thornton Pa. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep,

It can also rotate tin the OTHER direction.

It is caused by the infection of the Stellate Ganglian...which is located in front of th3rd and 4th vertebrae. (As explained to me.)

Trout

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put some baking soda in your mouth; it dries up the spit.(I like the salty taste).

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4206

Charlie I am not sure if you are serious or not about the baking soda but I am hoping someone else may have another idea.
pomegranite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pomegranite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi~

I don't drool.
I have had bouts of excessive salivation and the saliva always seems "thin" to me during these periods. Sometimes it seems too slippery (which I think is a sign that the pH is off...either too acidic or too basic). At times I've had these symps alone, other times it comes w a furry white tongue or a black stripe down center of my tongue, or brown-blackness growing up from the roots of my teeth (very ugly).

I asked my dds. She says we normally produce two types of saliva and one is thinner than the other. She thinks its possible that the lyme is for some reason causing an overproduction of the thin kind and stopping the production of the thicker kind.

She and my lyme doc think the blackness at the roots of my teeth are lymey. DDS thinks it might be something she called black line bacteria. In doing lots of advanced websearching I found only one reference to black line bacteria and it was by a woman on a forum much like this but for candida patients who described exactly what I experience and who was told by her dds that it was black line bacteria.

I haven't found anything that helps with the excessive salivation. Although I never tried cinamon tea and I've heard that is supposed to dry you out.

Be well~
Pomegranite

Posts: 309 | From CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy,Only when it is really HOT!! MADDOG
Posts: 4010 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4206

Pomegranite you know you may be right about the cinnamon tea.
My daughters friends used to bet $5.00 you couldn't swallow a teaspoon of cinnamon.
And no one could because it was way to dry.
Thanks for the tip

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I'm serious about the baking soda, it works.

But then(OK I'm a bit unusual this way); I like salt and
can easily do without sugar.

Anchovies anybody??? Yum.

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UsedToBeVibrant
Member # 6245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UsedToBeVibrant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy cow, it's so funny that you've put your finger on this symptom.

Excessive saliva issues have been playing on the edge of my consciousness for weeks now, I can even remember thinking on several occasions that if I don't start spitting it out it'll make me sick to my stomach.

I"m a 32 year old woman, there's no way I"m gonna start spitting, what would my deskmates think?

Anyway, I don't know why we're doing this but I can say:

YOU'RE NOT CRAZY

and neither am I=)

Posts: 20 | From Wilmington, DE | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it too. Only mine seems to feel like, You know how it feels when you get nauseaus and you get that tingling sensation and your mouth starts to water. I get that, only I don't feel sick. Just the tingle and the the mouth watering. Has anyone experienced the tingling in the back of your jaws?

Cindy

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue vG
Member # 3143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue vG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this pretty badly during approximately months 2-6 of my illness (I went undiagnosed for 15 months). I was constantly inhaling/choking on my own saliva, many times a day.

The corners of my mouth were just slack enough to let droplets of saliva through at times, and I did drool a few times (once when talking to my boss ).

I also had mild facial paralysis where I couldn't make most of my normal expressions, and it felt like I had a raw steak plastered across my forehead.

This resolved on its own for the most part, after about 6 months, though I did have a 2 week course of cipro during that time period which may have knocked the infection back a little. That was one of my first clues that I might have something infectious rather than strictly degenerative.

Posts: 1307 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement