LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Intro and Hello to All

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intro and Hello to All
JRobin
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to All,

My first post, but I have been reading for 2 months. I only just received my positive diagnosis last week. Yesterday I started zithromax and minocin for a challenge .

Your personal experiences have truly made the beginning of my journey much smoother, including seeking an appropriate doctor and using various supportive therapies. I thank each one of you.

I implemented as many of the nutritional supplements as possible while waiting for answers : Marnie's Magnesium schedule, Samento, olive leaf, oregano oil, milk thistle, kidney cleansing teas, changed to a low carb/no sugar diet, extra B complex, freeze dried garlic, probiotics, etc because I just was in such poor health and had no understanding of what was wrong. I just recently added the cordyceps and reishi mushroom drops. Couldn't hurt in case it was lyme!

I do believe my condition stabilized due to all this and so I thank each one of you. I still was experiencing a milder form of the same problems while waiting for my appointment an LLMD

My GP had found nothing wrong, and I experienced the "alligator pit/duck" phenomenon: she said I just should go home and "heal", whatever that means. When pressed, she said she could refer me to a rheumatologist . She overlooked a swollen gland for a year, misread a lab reports, and was quite adamant in denying my direction towards investigating a parasite of some kind.

Thanks to reading everyone's experiences, I knew it was time to walk and do my own research. When you tell of your symptoms in your postings, it is so much more understandable than medical terminology. Lightbulbs go on!

When I saw Dr. J., we reviewed symptoms and all the normal lab results. Then, I just said I was there because I would believe him if he said it was not lyme. Then, I hoped he would find out what is really the problem. (obviously I am hoping he will say it is not lyme...!)

After the initial interview and exam, he felt lyme would be a possibility, and so lots of blood was drawn (and lots more......too!).

Unfortunately it came back positive for lyme.

This has been going on since June. I am looking forward to sending the old GP a packet of Burrascano's symptoms, plus letting her know my final diagnosis for her enlightenment .

I am currently in NC but grew up in CA and WA, then moved to DC, then to northwest PA, then to here. Always outside from childhood until this year.

No bullseye, although known embedded tick 10 years ago, and 30 years ago. Problems started with the weird zinging up leg and spine, progressing to skin stinging sensations, stabbing wandering joint pains, wandering bone pains, skin and tissue degeneration, had one swollen lymph for a year, one strange rash which I thought was prickly heat, and another which a derm said was dry skin (in July in NC?), teeth and mouth electrocution, etc. Oh, just the usual.......

I look forward to being able to ask questions now that I know what I have, and perhaps one day I will be able to help someone as you have helped me.

Thank you,
JRobin

[This message has been edited by JRobin (edited 06 October 2004).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi JRobin,

Welcome to Lymenet!!!

I just started my treatment with the J. Clinic too (week 3).

Can relate to much of what you've said. I tested positive for Lyme, Mycoplasma and Epstein-Barr.

Treatment for Lyme and Myco are the same is what I was told so they put me on 200mg 2xday Doxy and Augmentin xr sr.

Looking forward to sharing information and getting better.

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jrobin
Welcome!

You did all the right things for yourself. I'm sorry you have to be another lymie, but you are being proactive and that is the best thing to do under the circumstances.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi JRobin,

Welcome to Lymenet.

I'm sorry you are sick with lyme, but I agree with the above poster...sounds like you have done all the right things for yourself.
I'm glad you have a proper diagnosis and will be on your way to recovery. Good luck to you.

Beverly

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_basil_wild_thing
Member # 6206

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sweet_basil_wild_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to North Carolina!!!!

Wow it sounds like you are on top of everything and very proactive and involved in your condition.

I go the Jemsek Clinic also and used to live in Eastern North Carolina for 15 years. I live in the triangle area. Where are you located?

be wild, celebrate life, hug, cuddle and snuggle th e ones you love,

cc

Posts: 16 | From Holly Springs, NC, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Glad you could join us here.

If you have been reading this board for 2 months-

You already know...

I always like to have someone new to pick on...

You're IT!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nakaa
Member # 6238

Icon 6 posted      Profile for nakaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jrobin ~

You are inspirational. I hate the fact that you have lyme, but LOVE your approach in dealing with it.

Posts: 83 | From Western Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JRobin

Glad you decided to log in and start posting.

Don't ever feel bad about asking questions. Sooner or later someone will come along that can help out.

It nice to just share your story and know others know how you feel.

Welcome to Lymenet
Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have spent any time in WA or CA, remember to ask Dr. J to request a babesia WA1 test.

Mine went undiagnosed as it was believed that I got my lyme in VA...I had taken trips to CA twice a year for three years and had been infected there as well as in VA.

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRobin
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to thank all of you for your heartfelt welcome!

I do not know if I personally would describe the supplements as proactive but I can see your point; secretly, my true motivations were major fear and desparation! How could a body fall apart so severely in one month?

Please never forget it was all of your knowledge and experiences that you posted, that prompted me to walk right out the GP's door and head for the right dr.

Breathwork: thank you for the heads up on the WA1 babesia. I return in 2 weeks and will check on it. My son is now in CA, and we went to the Mt.Shasta area last year for father/son flyfishing vacation. I was tromping through the grass.......

And Tincup, thank you for the "warning"!

JRobin

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement