LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cellulitis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cellulitis
trecetetodromonmetabia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6250

Icon 5 posted      Profile for trecetetodromonmetabia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had Lyme for 3 years. I was finally diagnosed with it in April 2004.

From December2002-October2003 I had many(>10) cellulitis infections.
The infections were in my eyes,nose,lip,and hands.During much of that time I was too weak to even walk or feed myself.

My eyes were so swollen that I couldn't see for days at a time. My finger swelled so much that the nail popped off.And my lip swelled 2.5 inches out from my face(I had to get plastic surgery after that).

Are cellulitis infections a symptom of Lyme Disease?

If the doctor had cultured the puss/stuff from these infections would they have been able to tell that I had Lyme Disease?

Posts: 124 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UsedToBeVibrant
Member # 6245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UsedToBeVibrant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I"m not sure the answer to your question, but I was so struck by your story by how much you have endured and continue to endure.

You give me hope and courage.

Let me give you some: Things are going to get better, you'll be healthy and happy someday. These foul bugs have no hope against modern science and sooner or later our Doctors will build a better spiro trap and you'll be unbeatable.

All my best,

OccasionallyVibrant

Posts: 20 | From Wilmington, DE | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trecetetodromonmetabia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6250

Icon 6 posted      Profile for trecetetodromonmetabia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if cellulitis infections are a symptom of Lyme or Babesia?
Posts: 124 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Route 66
Member # 6344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Route 66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kept having bouts of cellulitis for 2 1/2 years. About 10 doctors had no idea what was causing it, or if in fact it was really cellulitis. Several months ago, I found a LLMD who diagnosed Lyme, and the "cellulitis" continues to be my main symptom.

------------------

Adios, Dirk

Posts: 3 | From Newark, DE | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Route 66
Member # 6344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Route 66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 08 October 2004).]

Posts: 3 | From Newark, DE | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement