LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr. C. in Missouri, info?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. C. in Missouri, info?
b333
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2479

Icon 5 posted      Profile for b333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this is what I really meant to be asking for. Can somoeone e-mail me contact information and any other information for Dr. C. in Springfield, Missouri?

Please...e-mail it if you like.

Thanks and Blessings to you,

Pam

Posts: 339 | From mountains of Va. USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam,

This is Dr. C's website:
www.drcharlescrist.com

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pam,

I saw your other post and seeing Dr. Crist would be a great idea. Call & make the appointment & relax. (easy for me to say, right?)

Sorry you feel discouraged. I know how that is when it seems like your treatment is stuck in neutral.

You need a doctor who cares as much about you getting well as you do & I think Dr. Crist fits the bill.

From what I understand Dr. C. treats only Lyme patients and is very into his patients.

He doesn't just do an Igenex & throw some ABX at you. He believes Lyme is just the tip of the iceberg.

He does extensive testing including hormones throughout the body & even uses heparin in some folks.

I'm tired today & can't think of everything he does, but it sounds like he definitely could help you.

And you mentioned detoxing in your previous post.......

All I could find was a paperback book I have called.

"The Liver Cleansing Diet" by Sandra Cabot, MD.

She's out of Australia and her website is:
www.whas.com.au

She explains that to fight infection, our livers have to be detoxified.

The first part of the book discusses liver function, how to detoxify & then actual recipes appear at the end of the book.

I could only get a little blurp about her book on her website. I was a disappointed at that because the book is very good.

She does have her own product line, of course, but she has studied it extensively & uses this protocol on her patients.

There's tons of stuff on the web about detoxifying, but I always like to hear about tried & true products.

I hope you'll get some other good suggestions about detoxfying.

While you're waiting to see Dr. Crist you can do the Babesia treatment.

If you think your body can handle it, you might want to consider taking Artemisin with your Mepron/Zith. (You may have already done that.) Well anyway it's suppose to make all the diference in the world.

Your health food store may have to special order it for you. I can't remember the best kind, but if you feel up to doing a quick search on here, then it will pull up.

Hope that helps. Sometimes seeing a new doctor is "just what the doctor ordered??" or something like that! LOL

Take Care,
Jan

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b333
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for b333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks pab for the site information.

Jan, do you see Dr. C.? It's quite a trip for me as I live in Virginia, plus I have a little 6-year old son I'd have to leave behind while gone.

I just need some relief and don't seem to be getting it where I am going presently.

Also, I'd love to hear from others who go to Dr. C. about what he does, how many days you need to stay in Missouri on you initial visit, what kind of money is expected upfront...

when does he expect you to return the next time, and any other information anyone can give to me would be great.

I just want to be able to do a few things in peace and comfort with my husband and little boy while I'm here. I don't want to just "exist". I'm sure many of you understand.

I have to find some hope of getting better.

Please help if you can.

Thanks again and Gods Blessings,

Pam

Posts: 339 | From mountains of Va. USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 14 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the link for a post over in General, entitled, What do you like about Dr. C?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004140.html

That should about do it. Also, consider that Dr. C doesn't require you to personally visit him each and every month as some LLMDs do.

For example, my daughter, lookin3answers, Amanda, and her two daughters, saw him for the first time on August 30th and he only required all of them to return in January.

He also does phone appointments and sends out great handouts as you may have read about in this forum, something titled like, [/i]Dr. C's handouts[/i].

If you see a doctor closer to you and if s/he requires you to come back to see them in person each month, then you'll even come out financially better seeing Dr. C than the one close to you.

Only get into see an LLMD who has happy customers, and, not from a list of doctors that no-one here sees or has seen. Dr. C is also not as expensive to see as some that I've seen posted here on LYmeNet.

Anyway you choose has to be what is best for you and only you can make that decision.

But, this decision is one of the most important you'll make in you life...cause it is your life we are talking about.

Good luck and let us know "how it goes", ok.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam,

Jake (18) and Jordan (14) have been Dr. C's patients since May.

The cost for the first visit was $2100 for both. They had hypercoagulation and hormone testing done. I don't remember the office visit cost, but the total cost depends on what testing you have done. You pay at the time of the appointment. Our insurance reimbursed us about 50% of the cost.

Their 1st visit was in May and their 2nd visit was in August. We chose to go back right before school started because of issues we have with the school. Their next appointment is December 20th.

I think a lot of his patients go every 6 months and have a phone consultation between visits.

We live in Minnesota and it takes us about 10 hours to get to Springfield.

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pam,

No, I have not seen Dr. C., but my dream is to get to see him eventually.

I just saw that you were willing to go anywhere & that's one reason I encouraged you to consider going so far. I do know that's very hard on other family members.

So glad Rosemary stopped by & filled you in.
I was hoping she would.

You got great information. Hope everything comes together for you.

Take Care,
Jan

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting this off the second page so Pam can see it.
Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b333
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for b333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called and got an appointment to see Dr. C. on November 10th. Now, I have to try to find transportation as it is about an 11 hour drive or more.

Would rather fly since it's so far, but not sure about that.

Any ideas on planes that have discounted rates during weekdays, etc?

A friend of mine has a friend who lives in Springfield and she will talk to her this evening if she isn't gone and see if we can stay with her while I see the Dr.

She has invited my friend to visit before, so maybe I can pay her a little to add me to the mix.

Any ideas on a cheap means of transportation there and back or a rental car while there, feel free to let me know.

Thanks so much for all the replies. They have helped me so much. I hate to leave my little boy behind, but I have to try to get better.

God Bless You All,

Pam

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement