LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Virtual Halloween Party!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Virtual Halloween Party!
arg82
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Well, it's almost Halloween and I thought it would be fun to have a party! So, consider yourself invited! (Obviously this is all going to just be online, so no travelling required.)

Just throw on your favorite Halloween costume, grab some treats to share with everyone (for the purposes of this party we can all have ALL THE SUGAR WE WANT with no negative repercussions), and come have a good time! Carve pumpkins! Eat treats! Watch some spooky movies! And just have fun!

I'm coming as a penguin and I'm bringing the candy corn!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chainsaw joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chainsaw joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A penguin with some red sox !
Posts: 225 | From mass. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. Of course! How could I forget the red sox! GO SOX!

--Annie

------------------
``The best way out is always through.'' -Robert Frost

Click to join Lyme_Camp

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Lyme Out Retreat Information Webpage

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Halloween is only a few days away now! Anyone else coming to my party?

--Annie

------------------

Click to join Lyme_Camp

pab
Member # 904

Icon 6 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping so Annie can get the party started!!

------------------

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in.
Sounds like fun.

The scariest costume I can think of is -
a TICK.
If I remember correctly, a lady from NJ wore a tick costume to the demonstration in NY a couple years ago.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll come as a healthy person!
Patti
(its fun to pretend)

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex1950
Member # 6308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex1950     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dressing up as a DUCK

------------------
Alex

Posts: 77 | From Chester NJ 07930 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chainsaw joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chainsaw joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be the scariest,Im comming as my HMO
Posts: 225 | From mass. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOO!
Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Nice costume ideas. Sounds like there will be quite a bit to be scared by!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

--Annie

------------------

Click to join Lyme_Camp

[This message has been edited by arg82 (edited 31 October 2004).]

DiffyQue
Member # 3317

Icon 7 posted      Profile for DiffyQue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rodney Dangerfield Joke:

"I'll tell ya folks, I never got any respect as a kid. [Raise upper lip,furtive glance,make face, and adjust tie].
I had a bad childhood. I was a lonely kid.
My mother kept me in all the time. She kept me away from the other children. Even for halloween she kept me in! I couldn't even trick-or-treat!
I asked her why I couldn't trick-or-treat
She said I was too ugly to let out of the house, that I'd scare the other children.
So I had to trick-or-treat over the phone!"

[This message has been edited by DiffyQue (edited 01 November 2004).]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Since we are pretending...I am coming as a needleless syringe and sucking up all the Reeses, M&M's, Apples, Popcorn Balls, Organic Green Tea, etc. etc. etc.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I was invited to a non-virtual party this evening, and the Lyme has zapped me today. I am thus going to miss my "real" party.

So I am especially happy to enjoy one with people who understand.

I'll come as the character from my favorite mystery series: Amelia Peabody (from the mysteries by Eliz. Peters). She is a spunky lady archeologist in Egypt who solves crime with her husband and loquacious son "Ramses" at the turn of the 20th century. She would wear a crimson Victorian dress (sans corsets) and carry a parasol reinforced with a steel shaft for bopping tomb robbers over the head.

I promise to bop ticks and ducks only.

I'll bring cucumber sandwiches and tons of tea pastries. I'll also bring several pumpkins full of those mini size candy bars. Mmmmm... sugar!

Oh, and orange ice cream from Herrell's!

Thanks, Annie!

Boo!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lkpod
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lkpod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming as a pediatric LLMD because that is what I want to be "when I grow up".

I'm carving a pumpkin in that cool way where you make the shell really thin so that the light inside shines through but none of it is actually cut all the way out.

I'm bringing carmel popcorn balls and Snickers bars and cookies'n'cream ice cream.

Posts: 134 | From So. California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is everyone in virtual sugar crash from our virtual sugar consumption?

Wasn't it wonderful?

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 10 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, virtual sugar crash. Actually, I've been letting myself have a little bit of chocolate to celebrate the holidays. I know it's not great but it's nice to let myself have a little something sweet. Plus, I have a pumpkin pie in the fride that I baked the other day but haven't touched yet. Yummm, my favorite!

--Annie

------------------

Click to join Lyme_Camp

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement