LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Never Herxed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Never Herxed
trecetetodromonmetabia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6250

Icon 5 posted      Profile for trecetetodromonmetabia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had Lyme & Babesia for about 3 years (I think).
I have been on antibiotics
(doxy,ceftin, zithromax,biaxin,mepron,ketek) for 8 months.
People on this board talk about herxing.
I don't think I have ever herxed.
I am not getting any better.
I always feel a little worse.
Is there something wrong?Am I supposed to be herxing?

Posts: 124 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helen65
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helen65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If you do take an amount of medicine big enough for it to make you sick and bring up lots of your symptoms, that is a herx.
I just had a major one last week and was in bed for 4 days.

Posts: 145 | From Grant,MI,USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, you have been herxing...my LLMDs definition of a herx is:

INTENSE Lyme symptoms that you've been experiencing (hense, you saying, "I always feel a little worse."), AND, NEW Lyme symptoms you've never experienced before.

So, according to my LLMD, you are experiencing herxing or that statement would be reading, "I am feeling well now."

What you are describing IS herxing!!!

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trecetetodromonmetabia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trecetetodromonmetabia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have the exact same symptoms.
They are just always a little worse.

For example,my symptoms last month were exactly the same as my symptoms this month except this month they are a little worse.

Is this because I am not taking a high enough dose of antibiotics?

Posts: 124 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Running Man,

I just tried to post a reply to your questions, and lymenet ate it . If you get two answers from me, that would be why.

I just wanted to say that you have been in treatment for a short time, and while that stinks

and double stinks because you feel so ill, the feeling ill could very well be how you are going to herx.

Some poeople have a pattern, others dont. Some people herx not at all, etc. And then there are the weirdos That herx all the time. Im waving my hand on that! Some abx DO make me herx all the time.

But you saying you feel "worse" Could very well mean that you are a herxing all the time goofball

What does your LLMD think about all this?

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prehaps I should correct that and say

...AND, possibly Lyme symptoms you've never experienced before.

Now, that would qualify and make it herxing. What I'm saying is you may experience new Lyme symtpoms when you herx, but, it is not a guarentee that you experience new ones.

But, herxing is just Lyme symptoms a little more intense. Many do not herx at all, so don't worry about it. I don't.

I don't herx in any sort of pattern either...there is no right or wrong with herxing...if you are taking abx, it is killing bacteria, period.

Rosemary

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first five months I was on antibiotics, I didn't have clear herx cycles. I just felt worse all the time.

It's only now, almost a year into treatment that I am beginning to have more clear times of herxing. My LLMD says that is a good sign, because the rest of the time it means I am feeling better.

We are thinking the infection load has been reduced enough that I can have good days now.

You are still pretty new in treatment. Plus, you have changed meds more times than I have in a year of treatment. I think that can confuse the picture a bit. Not saying it is wrong, it will just likely stir things up more, make it less clear.

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement