LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » root canal detoxing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: root canal detoxing?
b333
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2479

Icon 5 posted      Profile for b333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Could some of you who know give me their experiences with detoxing after removing bad root canals, dead bone in mouth, amalgams, etc.?

Whether the story be good or bad, I'd like to hear. Just trying to make sure I do it the right way.

Completing my 24 hour urine this morning around 8:00am and will send it in today. Will be about 5 weeks before I get those results.

Hoping some of you will share your stories with me.

Thanks in advance and God Bless You All,

Pam

Posts: 339 | From mountains of Va. USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pam
don't detox till you get the results of your test.your shooting the gun before the deer is in front of you.
you need a positive dagnosis of heavy metal prior to detoxing.
detoxing is very dangerous and chelates all the free ions in your body not just heavy metals, so chelating will bind ca, ph,hg,pb,fl,mg,iron, cl,and any other free radicalion that is good for the body.
you must wait for your result to worry about chelating.
if you took a urine test with chelating agents you will be positive because this is a false positive and is used by homeopaths and some docs to get more money from you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gut tells me to heed Dave's advice. I tried detoxing a bit before my results came back. And, I felt really ill - not sure why. My urine test results came back with all below normal range for all heavy metals. I still have a root canal, one amalgam filling and one older crown. I have had a couple replaced. My dentist, who is all for amalgam filling replacement basically said, if isn't broken, don't fix it, especially while being treated for Lyme. Her feeling was that I would be stirring too much up at a time when I am trying to deal with Lyme. I have had one route canal and one crown replaced in the last 5 years.

I am going to take the slow road with this - one amalgam at a time and slow detox, like a good green supplement added to my diet in tolerable amounts.

I know others might have different insight into this. It's a well talked about topic.

The above is just my personal opinion.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docdave130
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beachcomer
if you don't have heavy metals in your system, you don't and should not detox period. it is only meant to remove heavy metals. and if you don't have them you don't need it.
you also don't need to remove your amalgams and crowns if your mercury level is normal.
only a small percentage of peopple are toxic to mercury in amalgam no matter what you read.there are probably 500,000,000 amalgams and crowns in peoples mouths in the us alone and maybe 1/100 of 1 percent have problems. so don't be in a hurry to jump in and gut everything.if it needs replacement use composite or gold, gold is the only no toxic material used in dentistry.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Member # 1584

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD said he's seen patients without Lyme have a mouth full of metal and have normal Mercury levels. However, 85% (anecdotal) of his Lyme patients have elevated Mercury levels regardless of the quantity of dental work.

Many of us were just addicted to tuna, swordfish, and other tasty delights from the sea.

Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I again totally disagree respectfully with the Doc.

The neurotoxins put out by a root canal have nothing to do with heavy metals. The toxins are "dead body" toxins - referred to as Thioether or Mercaptan. It has nothing to do with mercury that may be in your mouth.
Thioether and Mercaptan are deadly neurotoxins and if you want to know more look up the writings of Prof. Boyd Haley from the sites below.

You can also have an inexpensive test done called the TOPAS test developed by Haley/ University of Kentucky about which I have posted several times in the past. It will tell you whether a certain tooth with root canal is poisoning your body or not. It can be done right in the dentist chair or some alternative medical people do it in their practice. The results are instant. Usually, at one point or another, root canals turn bad.

I seem to remember, research indicates about 75% of root canals turn sour.

DENTAL AMALGAM MERCURY SYNDROME
... site( Dr. Boyd Haley, Chairman, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. of Kentucky) www.altcorp.com (root canals, cavitations, mercury, tests for root canal toxicity- ... www.home.earthlink.net/~berniew1/damspr11.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Root Canals
... ALT Research Founded by Dr. Boyd Haley. Hugnet Research in Toxicity Dr. Hal Huggins.
ToothWisdom.net. Root Canals, Extractions & Mercury Amalgam Fillings. ...
melanie2.50megs.com/rootcanals.htm - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

NICO
... The results of recent research of Dr. Boyd Haley (Chairman, Department of Chemistry ...
found cavitations under 100% of teeth treated with root canal therapy in ... www.medical-library.net/sites/_cavitations.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Root Canals
... According to research by Dr. Boyd Haley of the University of Kentucky, at least
75% of root canal teeth have residual bacterial infections remaining in the ...
tuberose.com/Root_Canals.html - 51k - Cached - Similar pages

Natural Dental Health
... If the detrimental effects of root canals on the ... triggered by the presence of
root-canaled teeth ... Professor Boyd Haley, Chair of the Chemistry Department at the ...
tuberose.com/Dental_health.html - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

Ask Dr Stoll - Mercury Toxicity post archive
... (18); June 22, 2001 - Professor Boyd Haley Rebuts ADA in ... November 24, 1998 - root
canal options (materials) (2); November 24, 1998 - detox with oral DMSA or ...
askwaltstollmd.com/archives/mercury.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Please visit the Tashi Palkhiel web site
... Well worth the time to brouse through for masses of scientific information. It is
the home of Prof. Boyd Haley. Root Canal Cover Up. The Gerson Institute. ... www.zip.com.au/~rgammal/LinksFramesetMain.htm - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Natural Horizons Wellness Center - Specialities
... We now find that the walls of a root canal tooth can house microorganisms that ... 75%
of all RCT's have some toxicity according to the research by Dr Boyd Haley). ... www.naturalhorizonswellness.com/johnson2.htm - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
www.neuraltherapy.com
... Toxins released from root canal filled or dead teeth contain very toxic thio ... with
various enzyme systems of the body (recently confirmed by Boyd Haley PhD) and ... www.neuraltherapy.com/a_tonsils.asp - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Biologic Root Canal
... to research by Dr. Boyd Haley of the University of Kentucky, 75% of root canal teeth
have residual bacterial infections remaining in the dentinal tubules. ... www.icnr.com/biologicaldentistry/ biologicalrootcanal.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caryn
Member # 366

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GiGi,
i just clicked onto www.icnr website and saw that dr smith practices close to where i live. both my children and i need to see a dentist, so i asked if he took insurence. some bio dentists do these days. the answer was no and you are also responsible for submitting the form to your insurence.

i asked what the consultaion fee would be, and the answer i got was $650. is that what dentists are charging? it's bad enough we have had to pay out of pocket for lyme treatment. this is just more than we can afford.

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to share some good news.

I had the TOPAS test done on my 8 root canals. They were ALL fine.

Its very easy to have done. My dentist just stuck these little pegs near/on/under?? the tooth. If doesnt hurt. Then she sticks them in two different liquids to see if the tooth is ok.

I also had the Clifford blood test done to find out what dental materials i am allergic to so they will not use them.

She wanted to do all of this on me BEFORE i even had my teeth cleaned.

Take care,

Jordan

------------------

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a word to Caryn and others
You can tell the quacks and the Dentists that want to prey on you by the amount of cost they have. Do NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE GUYS.... you all know what you think of the normal GP's out there.... so BEWARE of these dentists that only want to make money on you!
A cleaning, exam, x-rays will tell you everything you need. And it will be covered by insurance. Pick a dentist that others have recommended. BUT NOT THESE QUACKS that want to remove it all and see you at that price!
Listen to other's than what's just in this web site. This is a subject that some think they know lots on and will dazzal ya with lots of false information with lots of other web sites.
It's a well known thing right now how 'naturalist' dentists are taking A LOT of people to the poor house, and nothing is being done about it.
BEWARE of someone that wants that kind of money for a consult!!!
MY two cents, and again, I'll take a beating for speaking my mind.
Love ya all!!!!!!
Hadlyme

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DocDave:

Hey, I was agreeing with you. I think you mis-understood my post, or maybe I wasn't clear. My dentist is all for replacing the metal stuff with the newer non-amalgam materials. BUT, that is only when it is necessary to replace, like a cracked tooth or something else that warrants replacement. She does not advocate stirring up what is still in good shape. My fillings and crowns are very old and do need replacement. We are doing them one at a time and over a several year period (I think I mentioned that).

Yes, you are correct about the detox part. I read so many posts on here about detoxing for heavy metals that I tried one of the detox protocols before I got my test results. That was not a smart decision. I really felt sick - for no reason. I admit to being a knucklehead for doing that - I was just scared into thinking I had a prblem because I have quite a bit of mouth metal. When I told my dentist she cringed and said not to do that and we will take it slow.

The metal has to come out eventually, only because of it's age. I do have some gold that does not seem to give me any trouble.

Glad I did the test. It eased my mind.

So, I do agree with what you say. I don't think I said I was in a hurry to do this. I think I said the opposite.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement