LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » feel like giving up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feel like giving up
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 9 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
I am having an awful time Roc. IV for 10 days now. Today I am in agony and my vision is very blurred and I am exhausted. I feel like giving up. This is so hard and it makes it harder to do this alone. I am feeling very sorry for myself. It feels impossible today. Sorry to be such a drag. I don't know where else to turn.
Please help.
Blessings,
Jan

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan,

I don't know how far you are into your treatment or how long you have dealt with Lyme before getting diagnosed, but please do not give up!

You must listen to your body and your LLMD, of course, to make sure you are not having an adverse reaction to the meds. But if you are 10 days in, perhaps you are experiencing a massive die off of Bb?

Hang in there. And it's okay to throw a pity party. Don't every apologize for that, okay?

It will get better.

------------------
Tabby

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 9 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tabby,
Thanks for getting back to me. I have been dealing with this DD for 10 years now misdiagnosed. I almost consented to brain surgery to try to get well. So many tests and diagnosis. It has been one heck of a road.
I started with this LLMD and he had me on oral anbx for 9 weeks, now we are doing IV. He is competent and caring and I am grateful for him.
This process is excrutiating and I am having a really bad day.
My optimism is waning as is my sense of humor.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel like giving up everday.

especially after making many many gains and becoming sicker than before i ever started treatments.

but what is the alternative? it's cliche but be thankful for what you do have, no what you don't.

set a goal and you will reach it. that goal is health and it doesn't come pre-packaged, one size fits all in the mall.

it's a struggle, a climb of desperation and determination. it's the challenge of a lifetime, your lifetime.

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you're having such an awful day...I know how you feel...

I was misdiagnosed for about 18 years , and it finallly went to my brain..i had horrible headaches for about 3 years..found a good llmd , did oral abx, and now the headaches are gone, but I'm so discouraged by this weird feeling in the frontal portion of my head, like a building panicky feeling that keeps comign and going all day..I can barely stand it, and no one knows what it is...

this disease is so frustrating..I was at 95% adn now slipping back to endure this..but please don't give up..things will get better..you'll slowly notice whole days, adn then groups of days where you feel better ..then weeks at a time....

it's just time consuming..I know how frustrating it is....but we're always here to listen and to try to reassure you if we can....

hang in there....

best,
Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 14 years with this before getting dx'd. And I even asked every doc through the years about Lyme ...well, you know how that goes.

Yes, it's in my brain too. But I figure at least there's something in there taking up space

We've got to all hang in there. Just like zipzip said. There is not alternative.

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the rocephin is doing its job--that's exactly what a real herx is supposed to look like. Yeah, yeah, you don't want to hear that, but it's great that you haven't developed resistance to rocephin yet.

Try and get some sort of over-the-counter or alternative anti-inflammatory. Alas, it's no longer safe now to recommend Celebrex or Bextra. Sigh.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like giving up today too. Very depressed exhausted and in pain. But, I know this will pass too. It's scowl and bear it time again.

I hope we all feel a little more "up" soon. I know for me part of it is the holidays coming on too. I don't know about you, but i hate the holidays. The cold and the cheerful spirits are like salt on a wound today, but it'll get better.

Maybe you'll be like many of us on rocephin, 3 or 4 days of absolute h*ll and then a dramatic reduction in pain. I hope so, it's entirely possible.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear marblenose,
i'm sorry to hear how miserable you feel. i know the pain all too well. wish i could do something to help you. i hate to "see" people suffering.

I would be happy to try to help by staying connected to this post. What can I do for you?
warm regards
paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 12 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are all so generous and kind. Thank you so much. I know this is the rough part. It's funny lately every day feels like the roughest part.
Process process process!!
I am grateful and I send you all love, light and laughter.
Blessings,
Marblenose

mulelover31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mulelover31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Marble!

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad! I know that i was feeling so down and posted here and it really helped me. Never feel bad about telling all of us becasue we all have probably felt that way too a time or two.

Afterall just because we don't feel human doesn't mean we aren't!!!!!!!!

Blessings on you and I will say a specail prayer for you!!!!!!!!!

i don't know what we would do without this site!

mule

Posts: 124 | From Mound City MO USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jan,

I hope you will be feeling better soon...and like everyone else said..hang in there..don't give up..these feelings will pass.
I get depressed sometimes too...it's horrible so I know how you feel.

I will say a prayer for you too,
Beverly

Posts: 6639 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan,

I am so sorry for how you feel.

My first two months on IV I felt like I had been hit by a truck..literally.

I don't know if it helps to say that WE need you..

The Lyme community needs every one of us..we're in it together and we will help you anytime, anyday.

When you get to feeling better, you will be a strong advocate for this disease.

In the meantine we love you and want to help you through these more difficult times.

Sounds like a horrible herx..

Do drink lots of lemon water, take good vitamins, hot showers or baths as tolerated and call in on any and all favors from friends and family, neighbors, churches now.

You are going through what can and should be considered the effects of chemotherapy..you need all the support you can get.

We're here..

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it is tough, so much of our lives that we have missed.

I was cleaning my room today, going through all my clothes, my shoes, my fancy clothes, that I have not worn for years.

I sat there and cried for the woman that I miss so much, I am not that woman anymore, but today, I VOWED that I would get that woman back.

I started to RIFE a few days ago, and GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! forgot about how sick I can get from the herxing, I have not rifed for a few days, and am herxing today... so sick was crying in bed all day, not able to move... mind like I was in suicidal hell.... then it passed somewhat.

Hang in there, and def cut back if you have to, I really believe that for me anyways, too much herxing is not a good thing, it brings down the immune system... and one then does not have the immune system to fight.

For me, when I am herxing too much, my herpes canker sores come out... that is not a good thing.

Best to find a tolerable herx... cause I feel you wont get better if the herxing is too much, that happened to me, had to cut back antibiotics.

Herxing stresses the adrenals as well, bigtime, and without strong adrenals you WILL NOT get well from lyme.

Balance.

Hope you feel better, it is hell this DREADED disease.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my dear Marblenose. It's that tough time again, huh. Just hang in there, alright. It'll be ok again soon.

I remember all that so well like it was yesterday. I was already so sick just being on antibiotics and whatever meds they were given me at that time so I can't imagine how difficult it is for you right now with yours. I also had major healing crisis when I went on other herbal programs as well so at that time I thought dying was a better choice. Now I realized that I had chose to live especially a health life so I accepted the facts and dealt with it from moment to moment.

Another problem I had to dealt with at that same time was my family and friends did not understand so I had no support. I also did not know of this kind of support forum like this to share my pain & suffering. It was tough.

It is a physical pain for the time being. Just hang in there and we are all here for you. Take many deep breaths during the toughest parts and have couple warm bath with sea salt or epsom salt to help release some toxins which helps to relax your body.

Get well soon.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many of us want to give up, all the time. Its frustrating, and its a long tedious journey filled with stress and exhaustion. You can do it though! We're all still here and getting better. You ahev to be patient, and please know you are not alone. That is what Lymenet is for! You are not alone now! You have 100's of other people just like yourself to talk to who are in the same situation.
We are all here to help each other.
Welcome!
Email me and I have some help and info for you too!
:-)

------------------
Lyme Disease Help
http://www.wildcondor.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning...

Ready for some good news?

Here is what will happen.

You will .. after so many days of feeling like you WANT to die... and you just can't take it anymore...

Suddenly have 1/2 of a good day. Just out of the blue.

Then... the rest of the day and the next two or three will be horrible.

You will cry even more to know you FINALLY got a break from that JUNK... and now the bad is back again.

That is about when the "why me's" hit... and you wonder "what's the use"?

Then.. another good part of a day will appear... out of nowhere. You will say.. "wow".

You will then panic trying to figure out what you did to make that happen. You won't be able to figure it out... so don't waste energy on it. Then.. sure enough.. more bad will hit you and that knocks you back down again.

Then... another good day.. and a couple of bad ones.

Then a longer stretch of good.. then a few bad days.

Suddenly you will start having about 1/2 good days.. and 1/2 bad days.

Eventually you will have a bit more good than bad.

Then.. a nasty herx set back... and you will sit there and worry that the meds aren't working and you are getting worse instead of better.

You will want to quit it all again.

Then.. a few more good days. Less bad days.

As time goes by.. your bad days won't be AS bad.. and the good days you have will be better than the good ones you had earlier.

Finally you will notice that you are only having occasional bad days.. and things will start looking up.

Hang in there.

We want you to feel better... and you WILL.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear jan
Checking back in to let you know I care and wondering how you are doing.
thinking of you herxing while i'm sitting here herxing.
paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Marblenose (Jan),

My eyes filled with tears after reading your post as I remember those days of darkness all too well.

I remember wanting to give up and actually found a little humor in the fact that I was too weak to even consider ending it all. So ironic!

Now that I've had a year with no relapses, part of me has stored those hellish memories in a file cabinet in the basement of my brain.

It's so hard to tell someone to say hopeful when the sadness and pain just goes on and on and on with no guaranteed end in sight.

I can't even tell you exactly how I got through it because, like so many other folks on this site, I lost a lot of friends and hope, too.

The things that brought bright moments to my wretched days were my pets, a bath (if I had the energy), a soft pillow to support my vibrating head and music (when I could tolerate it).

My Dad really summed it up when he said in a silly voice (always trying to make me laugh) when he said, "Lyme sucks cuz ya can't do nothin!" It was so simple but so precise.

You can read my success story under the recent post of success stories and "maybe" it will give you a lift.

I think the number one thing that helped me through was a sense of humor. I think I went for three weeks without washing my hair (I have very long hair).

Along with that, I had the bloated candida eyes and embarrassingly enough, some type of bumps/warts in an ungodly place.

I felt like a troll. To top it all off, when I got out of the bathtub one night, I fainted and hit my skull on the side of the tub only to have a mammoth bruise down the right side of my body.

I was a creature double feature...but for some reason, it made me laugh...like, my Lord, can it really get any worse than this?

The final straw was when I passed gas (sorry for the graphics but I know this will make people laugh), it came out in spurts in my sweatpants.

My Dad had another key line which made me laugh heartily..."never trust a fart".

Lyme Disease is so incredibly humbling and is the ultimate test in patience and hope. I am thinking about you, Jan, and praying that you can just hold on.

You know that Wilson Phillips song, "hold on for one more day and things will go your way...hold on for one more day".

Two years ago, I spent Christmas in bed and alone. This Christmas I have a friend visiting and we'll be heading to the Keys in FL for fun and sun.

Please do not give up...as Wildcondor once wrote me..."giving up is not an option!"

With thoughts & prayers,

Susan

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Good Morning you wonderful people you,
Today so far is not better but I feel connected to you. Some friends were to come and visit today and the weather is calling for ice and snow and I live on a mountain so...alone again naturally!
I am gaining insight from all of you.
I can't do much.
Bathing seems like a major chore and I find I have to sleep afterwards.
That might be the only reason it's good I live alone. I can be stinky!!
The pain only seems to subside when I am motionless.
Writing this my fingers are killing me!!!
I feel bad for my fabulous dogs who are not getting their proper runs.
It looks like I will be alone for Christmas.
This is really the toughest time in my life on many levels.
I know I am supported on levels I can't even fathom and I feel so sad and alone it stinks.
I am so grateful for all of you.
Blessings,
Marblenose

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan, do not consider a permanent solution to a temporary problem, we are living an attempt at that now. It wasn't pretty for those that have to find it and deal with it.

Thank God it didn't work as inteneded but now there may be lifelong problems..

Hang in there..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest lymemomtooo,
My deepest feelings of compassion are with you. My reason for posting as I did was to express the feelings not the facts of how I was reacting to the medicine and my current situation. I needed to express myself in a place where people can understand what I am going through. If I in any way caused you harm I apologize.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Blessings,
Marblenose

mountainmoma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mountainmoma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you are feeling. I started the IV rocephin 5 weeks ago, and it has been hell the last few weeks. It is such an emotional rollercoaster. It is leading up to christmas and things are still setting me off to crying. My youngest daughter crawlwed in bed with me today and said, is it going to be a good day or a bad day mom ? I read the post from lymemomtoo(?) and here and sniffles and tears start. Please know you are not alone, I don't know if there's away to give strength over an internet forum, but I feel for you and for all of us. I hold out hope that it will pass and we will be better. I guess I'm lucky in that I have a 7 year old to hug me, her love of life is helpful. I just wish I wasnt such a drag on it right now. At least after all the replies here, we know we are not going crazy, it is part of our healing, and we will survive. Hang in there, I am sorry you are alone right now. Please keep us informed how you are doing
Posts: 222 | From Santa Cruz Mountains, CA USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement