LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » itchy skin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: itchy skin
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 9 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone familiar with itchy legs ? is this anothe blessing of LD? itchy, sometimes raised skin mostly on my lower legs.
Is this toxicity? die off?
What helps?

Thanks

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Svengali Eyes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Svengali Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this terrible. My doctor prescribed Fluocinonide Ointment 0.05% it is marketed by Fougera, it helps alot with the itching.
Posts: 120 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, hadn't thought of yeast. Taking tons of proboitics, and have no vaginal or mouth yeast... watching diet pretty darn well too....I hate yeast!

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my WORST symptom has been itchy legs and everywhere else. very symmetrical, definately started about a month after being bitten by a tick. I just found out it is probably bartonella. It started out on my legs and eventually spread symmetrically to my arms, trunk, back (never on my face). I also had red stretch marks going up the front of my legs in the beginning. Itchy to the point of wanting to go play in traffic, and drew blood just to get to the itch. it wouldnt go away. It almost would go away but then it would flare up again. Anyway not sure if this relates to you but I thought I would mention it. I have gotten much relief with 500mg of zyth but that did not get it all, I still had it on my legs below the knee and it is very relentless, I even had itchy soars on my heel and big toe that weeped. (this was an extreme case). I am finally getting it all to go away by adding 400mg amoxy 2 times a day. (YEAH!)
{Pattiecake}

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattiecake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and for me it definately was not yeast because I was put on topical anti-fungal creams and oral anti-fungals and it did nothing.
Pattiecake

Posts: 687 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
itchiness can also be a sign of lyme, not just yeast...

also patticake...go under my post marked proton pump inhibitor and go to the 'real player' subject from Dr. martin freid....the stretch marks you have are a real strong sign of bartonella....he describes them perfectly.

Dr. jones told me this also, as my daughter had them , so he treated her for bart even though her titers were neg for it...

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Patti
I'm so far managing it with epsom salt baths and vigorous foot scrubs to bring the toxicity out, then I apply Near Magic oil to my legs. And today to the increasing number of itching spots.

I have noticed this symptom over the years, before the LD dx ... when I was worn out, the itch would come up, sometimes with water blisters... more with exercise and sweating, especailly when I would use exercise to get over aches and fatigue.

For me, sweating and exercise, espeacilly swiiming then the sauna, seemed to help.

Satrting thsi week my zith schedule is changed to 6 day on 1 off..... so I can swimm and sauna one day / week!

Today I'm going to the gym, then will espom salt bathe and see how that effects things.

That's interesting abt the amox...but, I'm allergic to it.

Thanks for you help

pattiecake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6424

are you not suppposed to sauna when you are on ABX? I took one over the weekend.
Patti

achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Patti
my LLMD said saunas are great. Unfortunately I am only de-accessed one day per week, so, 1 sauna / wk.

He did say it might cause herxing, but he also said exercise might too. But the extra heat from exercise and saunas helps to kill the keets.

riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Achey, I'm weighing in late on this, but for me low thyroid causes itchy legs. Since I've gotten my levels up, especially T3, I'm not having the terrible itching anymore.

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

hum, that's interesting riversinger...

I was on Armour thyroid for abt 9 months and levels got better

What are you taking as thyroid med?

I put in an email to LLMD's office , but have yet to get a reply.

riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking Levoxyl and Cytomel. That way I can adjust the T4 and the T3 separately. I am taking a pretty big proportion of T3 to T4, and my T3 was still low at my latest labs, so we are upping it again.

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement