LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protective screen for computer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protective screen for computer
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard that there is a protective screen for computers.

I was wondering if any of you are using this.

I recently read how computers, microwaves, radio towers, hair dryers, TV's etc. can be part of the problem with ones health.

I haven't used a hair dryer in a long time. The microwave is no longer in the house.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of this, I wish I could help Kam..
Beverly

Posts: 6639 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've known of the bad effects from tv's, microwave, and computer screen for years now. It's the radiation. I no longer use microwave and it is a possible cause for cancer. I'm glad you threw your microwave out too. The best thing anyone can do for their health.

I use special essential oils when I watch tv or using computer to reflect the radiation rays. I'm not sure those screen works, but I've heard of it.

Other things I'd eliminated or add on recently from my daily routing are:

- using aluminum foil for baking, broiling, wrapping or storing food items

- plastic for wrapping or storing food items

- plastic container for storing food items. I use only glass containers or jars. To help save money from buy them I save the jars or containers of food items I purchase from store.

- At home I only purchase organic meats, vegies, and fruits. It's tough when you're out & about so I tried not eating out so much.

- I only use organic and 100% natural soap, detergent, shampoo, conditioners, etc. Some products claim natural but they are not so you must know how to spot harmful ingredients. A great website for these info is www.drrapp.com

- For clothing I wear 100% cotton, silk or wool. Nothing synthetic touches my body.

- I learned how to cook my food in certain way to prevent losing the natural enzymes in the produce. It takes longer but very good.

- I learn when to eat certain foods such as no more salads for dinner. Salads are to be consume only during daytime.

- I have a juice crusher instead of a juicing machine. The metal tray that juice the fruits create heat when grinding kill most natural enzymes that I need.

- I use only high quality essential oils instead of the less expensive ones. These lower quality probably contains mostly synthetic materials for fragrant so has no health benefit for me.

- I threw out my Circulon pots & pans and only use glassware or high quality stainless steel. The non stick coating in the Circulon or similar products actually comes off the pan and gets in the foods when you cook. This is not healthy. It's like eating aluminum or plastic.

- Molds exist everywhere so I sprinkle Vit C powder in everything I eat to eliminate it. If you have a container of fruit or vegie that have just one piece has mold on it. That actually contaminated others already or it still invisible in our eyes.

- No transfat in my foods. Anything contains Hydrogenated or Partially hydrogenated in their ingredient label I don't buy. This is like eating car's oil engine. Remember Oreo's cookie problem?

- No mineral oil apply to skin which clogged the pores of the body and it can't breath. This is in baby oil! For body oil I use Vit E or jojoba or a high quality massage oil will do.

I'm sure there's a few more that I can't think of right now. It's not easy to change everything at once, but a little everyday is best.

I hope this info contribute to your search, Kam. My health improves not just because I chose only alternative treatments, but also what I put in my body everyday.

Detox and cleanse is what I believe helps me. Podi patch is the most important treatment for me right now because it helps elimiate all kinds of contaminations that's in my body for years and years. I'm continuing my podi patch for as long as I can. That's why I only put it on my Christmas wish list.

4 days til Christmas........

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trevor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4353

Icon 7 posted      Profile for trevor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam, hi I've bought these screen field and glare eliminators. My experience, and my gauss meter, strongly suggest they don't work.

There's a thread I started on this topic, it starts with "MU-METAL"

This is complex stuff, and very important,

trevor/oliver

Posts: 208 | From Seattle and Los Angeles | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks FF9 and Trevor.

I will look up your thread trevor.

FF9...lots of good information here. Sure hope I can find it again when I think of it on down the line.

I all ready lost it once and couldn't recall where I had read it.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam,
At work, I used to have a protector, but I had to have the screen turned up to see....it imbedded itself into the screen.

I am now using NoIR, no infrared/UV/blue sunglasses in AMBER. Check it out:
www.noir.net for the 901 and 907 over your glasses wraparounds. Only amber is recommended for us lymies.

If you think you are going to order, mention the Marshall Protocol and they will give you either the 20-25% disc! I had my local eye wear place order but they charged me more than the $48 and $25 online prices and did NOT give me any disc!

I love my light amber ones for tv/computer but can't read with them.

Darker amber are great for sunny days.

You need to wear a cap for the top light avoidance! Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good timing Betty. I was trying to recall what the name of the sun glasses were I had read about while reading about someone on MP.

I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Katherine

bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katherine, you are most welcome; this is what this board is all about...sharing info!
Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good news. While searching the Bolle sight I ran across a name of a pair of sun glasses that sounded familar.

I checked my drawers and sure enough. I all ready have what I need.

I had purchased these about 9 years ago while trying to figure out what was going on with my eyes.

At the time I had not been dx. Pretty cool. I was on the right track and didn't know it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement