LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nodes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nodes
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can Lyme cause painful lymph nodes after the primary stage? Ever since the diagnosis and the positive PCR tests May of 03' I would get painful, not really swollen nodes under my armpits. They would come and go hurt for a few hours or a few days then stop and a few weeks or months would go by and the painful lymph nodes would be back.

I got off meds about two months ago because I wasn't having any symptoms (other than what I have constantly i.e. floaters in my eyes and pains in the back of my head) and really couldn't tell a difference on or off the abx. A few weeks ago I got a cold I think the cold is gone but wonder if the Lyme is back. I have a painful left shoulder and knees and a runny nose (weird not like a congested or sick nose just drippy) Painful lymph nodes under my armpits, tired, upset stomach. I have read that Lyme can cause swollen lymph nodes but they say it happens in the first stage.

Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, swollend lymph glands is common. My swell in my neck/throust area and in my groin.

You might have your MD check you for mono, as this can also happen with that and it isn't too uncommon toget mono when your immune system is beaten up by Lyme.

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walnut
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got swollen and/or painful lympnodes after I was infected with babesia. Mostly neck, armpits, and groin area. I don't known whether it is due to the babesia, or that my lyme got a lot worse after the babesia infection. I had lyme for many years without swollen lympnodes.
Posts: 187 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virginia/anez
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for virginia/anez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same happened to me , even on Lyme treatment my nodes started to hurting and then when I added Mepron for babesia they hurt a lot at the beginning(herx?) .
At this point after more than 18 months on treatment they are better but they still there and now not so painful but hard as nuts!!!

Posts: 49 | From greenacres,Florida,USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella can cause swollen lymph nodes. That may be your only "noticeable" symptom.

Not all Bartonella is picked up on testing. ((understatement)

Tincup has a post "Bartonella Alert" which is comprehensive.

Remember you might have a sub-clinical infection. Also, LD symptoms overlap with Bartonella.

Here's the post:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/008362.html

Best Wishes,
Jan

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement