LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "natural" remedies...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "natural" remedies...
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 5 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I am taking milk thistle for my liver, and I may take artemesia one day... I read something here about turmeric, and oregano?

I am also scarfing 6 acido pills a day.

where do I find out more about these non-prescrip drugs? what else could I take to help me along?

I also drink a lot of water...

------------------

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.real-world-health.com

Their site might be under construction, but you could give them at call at (877) 681-5921.

Their fantastic people who work with my LLMD and have helped put me back together again. They'll be more than happy to discuss your situation with you and perhaps give you some tips to help speed your recovery. Tell them Julie told you to call.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Flygirl,

I have liver problem too and I'd tried many different products for years for that condition. Some were good and others was a waste of money. I had also used milk thistle, reishi (ganoderma lucidum) with other combination of medicinal mushroom herbs (don't remember the brand), and also several types of chinese herbal products. Some with good results, but overall still not enough to treat my symptoms.

Couple months ago I use a specially design treatment for liver condition from www.akgnaturals.com . I've noticed great result that I've ever had in any others. Perhaps this is what you're looking for.

Highly recommend you email or contact Kalie from the website www.akgnaturals.com or call her directly (310) 918-6564 office or (562) 413-2261 personal cell. She's very good taking the call or calling you back. I heard she also contact you on Sunday if you request or if she feel it is important to call you. Doesn't hurt to ask. Call her tomorrow to see if she answers. The best customer service I've ever had from any company.

Their products are highly recommended by MDs, LLMDs, herbalists, healers, and therapists. They're located in Los Angeles, California.

BTW, their products are organics and only premium quality. Very good price for the quality. I've learned organic herbs are the only one I should use to prevent chemical contaminations especially if I want to cleanse my body.

Just want to give as much info as possible for you to screen out who to do business with, how reliable they are and their reputation. Wish you luck.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trevor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4353

Icon 7 posted      Profile for trevor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi flygirl and Merry Christmas!

I'm so glad you're wanting to know more about "natural remedies".
For the liver, there is really so much you can do. The milk thistle is a good one, if it agrees with you. For me, I can only take small amounts of the stuff. Of course there is no one protocol for all of us!

Thorne is a great company and they put together a liver support formula called S.A.T. It stands for Sylimarin (sp?), the latin genus for milk thistle; Artichoke, and artichoke is really underrated, it's quite amazing for the liver; and Turmeric. These three are great.

Dandelion is great for the gall bladder which is a a small, pear-shaped muscular sac, located under the right lobe of the liver, in which bile secreted by the liver is stored until needed by the body for digestion. So it should be considered when discussing the liver. In the past, I used dandelion tea to resolve painful biliary sludging in my gall bladder caused by rocephin (it's known to do this).

There are also many medicinal mushrooms that are excellent for the liver, such as, turkey tail, zhu ling, reishi, cordyceps (also great for lung function and stamina), shiitake and chaga. These mushrooms also display numerous other beneficial effects. Some are anti-inflammatory, most are anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-cancer, and there's so much more. Medicinal mushrooms are an understudied, poorly understood treasure chest of magic. There's a product called "Liverforce" put out by New Chapter that contains the above mushrooms and is quite good.

Always be aware of the quality of your sources. Everything must be organic, or the equivalent of this (getting the label "organic" is tricky for many companies). And very importantly, be aware of drug-herb and herb-herb-supplement interactions. I recommend buying a thorough book on interactions.

The amino acid Taurine is great for the liver and my doctor has told me that lymies tend to require this amino.

Alpha Lipoic Acid is also great for the liver. It's also a "universal" antioxidant, both fat and water soluble, and it will chelate metals and chemicals from your body as well.
There's much more, but I'll leave it here,
good luck, it sounds like you're on the right track!

Merry Christmas!

trevor/oliver

Posts: 208 | From Seattle and Los Angeles | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Milk thistle is acidic. May cause the liver to dump alkaline charges...to react with the acids to produce hydrogen.

It's in ER's in Germany to treat mushroom poisoning. If the Germans happen to pick and eat the wrong (toxic) mushroom.

Hydrogen is one of the things that INactivates PFK...an enzyme that Bb is dependent on.

Normally Mg is supposed to control this.

Citrates also INactivate PFK. Think...

We need to make a LOT of hydrogen...little mineral, lots of acids -> hydrogen.

But to get the hydrogen INTO the cells = CoQ10. Which we make when we exercise, if we have the nutrients.

With the die-off = acidic as the toxins in the outer cell wall are destroyed.

Eat foods that are alkaline, have high Mg content, and low glycemic index. This is the safest route...good foods and good water (get the fluoride out - filter).

You do NOT want to trigger insulin (with sugar, not complex carbs).

I see you have cats. Cat scratch disease, bartonella, also uses Mg in its enzyme reactions. Are you co-infected?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you everyone!

I have babs for sure, LD is suspected once we rattle the babs cage.

I am taking milk thistle as a preventive, so far, no liver probs!

the kitties are a recent addition, I don't believe I have anything from them.

is the green drink (barley grass juice) any good?

it goes down tough though!

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
green drinks are good. I like the fresh squeeze wheat grass juice. The taste is nothing to be excited about, but it's healthy.
Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement