LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help! CD57 score is low - what can I do to boost immune system?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! CD57 score is low - what can I do to boost immune system?
j29
Member # 5044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I have been off antibiotics since 2002, and thankfully, I have been functioning fairly well.

However, I had a CD57 done in February of this year and the killer cell function score at that time was 9, which I was told was borderline. I had another CD57 done last September and the killer cell function score was lower (5).

I have not seen Dr. B. yet for his explanation, but can any of you tell me what this score means?

What can I do to boost my immune system?

Are Reishi Max and Immune Formula by Pharmanex good supplements to take for the immune system?

Thank you so much for your help!

Posts: 26 | From Mahwah, NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morningnewsman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morningnewsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take lots of Vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, acidophilus can help even after abx are done. Some physical activity, healthy food, plenty of rest.

------------------
Thanks,
Rick

Posts: 136 | From Poughkeepsie, New York | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have great result with Agaricus Blazei Murril from www.akgnaturals.com for immune system booster.

This product is organically grown and the nutritional evaluation stated it has contains many vitamins and minerals especially polysacharides for immune system booster. I got mine free when I order podi patch.

I've tried many other products before and to me this is the best. My CFS improves within a week using this. My T-cell counts is higher too and my circulation improves.

Make sure you get the handbook by Dr. Beth Ley for $5. Great info about the product's benefit.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you are functioning well, and off abx, i wouldn't worry much about the test score. it is not 100% indicitative of your overall health or immune status in anyway.

it's like having a car that works just fine but with a an electronic sign on your dashboard that says "needs service" when you don't.

but you still got to take care of the car, and yourself in the long run...

if you feel comfortable with dr.b's immune supps. like reishi max it couldn't hurt to take them. ultimately your choice.

if you are concerned with the scores call or fax dr.b's office, if that is who your doctor is, and ask what he thinks. or you can always make an appt, (if you really feel like driving the 3 hrs from mahwah!).

be gracoius that you are doing well, and don't fret over the "test scores".

happy healthy new year,

zip

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FF09 - Have you had a Stryker Panel run? You still haven't even been tested for Lyme.

J29 - I pretty much posted the same thing over the weekend. Only mines a 1, yet I feel great. If I knew the answers, I wouldn't have failed the test so miserably. I've tried just about everything under the sun.

Marnie gave me some interesting info though that's worth a read.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie G - I'm seeing Dr H after holiday so I'm not having any test done yet. I want to have a conversation with Dr. N (I believe he's currently training with Dr H) for some info before my visit. Just to prepare ahead of time, you know.

Actually I've been doing quite well this past few months since I did a few great programs from AKG Naturals so I'm crossing my finger things go well for me. I'm going to tell him that I don't want to be giving any drugs if I have a choice so let's see what he's going to say about that.

At this point whatever my test result will be it does not really a big concern for me. All that matters is how am I feeling and am I able to function well again. Thanks God I'm not laid up in my bed everyday anymore. Now that's a total drag before.

It's good to know I'm ending the year with good health and looking forward to great health in the coming year. Yeah!

So how are you doing lately with your treatment? I hope things go well for you too.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j29
Member # 5044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your responses.

Zip, you're right I shouldn't be waisting time thinking about the test results if I am feeling okay right now. But if I am spending money on these tests I would like to know what these results mean and how credible they are.
I have faxed Dr. B's office requesting more info but he will not discuss anything by fax or over the phone. I have to make an appointment, which is not easy for me since I live 3 hours away from him.

JulieG, thanks for your input. I will find your previous post on this topic and read it. What's your doctor's explaination about score?

Thanks

Posts: 26 | From Mahwah, NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My Dr's early comments about the CD57 was that it was common with Lyme to be extremely low. When the results came in, she put me on an immune vitamin program from Bodywise, and had me double the dose (9 months ago now) of the immune enhancer.

This time around, she tells me to take the double strength immune enhancer (well, duh, I've been taking it for 9 months now) and up the Cat's Paw. That's all I got, so I was a bit freaked too. I've had this test run 3 times now and it's always been this low.

I really thought that being off abx and feeling so great, I'd see some improvement.

I guess it's best to go by how you feel and let this stuff work itself out. There are tons of immune enhancers out there and I've been taking them all, to no avail. I've been sick for 10 years, so I figure what's another year or two for normal testing... as long as I continue to feel great and improve.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi J29,

I would love to know what Dr. B. says about feeling great with a low CD-57 test.

After 20 months of ABX, I'm awaiting the results of my first CD-57 test & was told it was to get a baseline of where I'm at.

I found Dr. B's article about CD-57 published back in 2002.

Click on Melissa Kaplan's website and scroll down to heading, "THE EMERGING SCIENCE OF LYME". You'll find this article:

"Longterm Decrease in the CD57 Lymphocyte subset in a Patient with Chronic Lyme Disease"

Here's the link:
http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/

An earlier article in 2001 by Dr. S. and W. is also posted directly below Dr. B's article at the same website:

Decrease in CD57Lymphocyte in Patients with Chronic Lyme Disease

=============================================
Here's an opinion from Melissa Kaplan's website about the CD57 test.

"Last Important Note:

One thing that probably needs to be said is that these tests, while they may be useful in supporting or adding another layer of data to the picture of immune dysfunction, are not definitively diagnostic of anything.

The tests listed above may or may not be useful to the patient and the ordering physician in looking into other areas of supportive treatment.

If one's insurance carrier or Medicare pays, great. If not, the patient has to decide whether having the panel done is going to be interesting or useful enough (for example, in helping to support their claim of being too sick to work; in finding out about or tracking NK cell counts, etc.) to pay for the testing themselves.

If money is tight, as it is for most of us, then, since this is not a diagnostic test panel, don't have it done if what you are looking for is a diagnosis or confirmation of a different diagnostic test."

If you want to read the full opinion, click on Melissa Kaplan's link above and scroll down to the heading, OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES.
Click on, "Stricker NK Panel CD-57."

============================================

Anyway, thought this was all very interesting.

Let us know what you find out.

Take Care,
Jan

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j29
Member # 5044

JulieG -which immune enhancer should I try?

Do you have any experience with Pharmanex's Reishimax and Immune formula. Dr. B. seems to favor this brand but I don't hear anyone on this board mention them at all.

Jan- when I see Dr. B. I will post his explanation regarding my CD57 score.
Thanks for the links to the articles re this test.

j29
Member # 5044

JulieG -which immune enhancer should I try?

Do you have any experience with Pharmanex's Reishimax and Immune formula. Dr. B. seems to favor this brand but I don't hear anyone on this board mention them at all.

Jan- when I see Dr. B. I will post his explanation regarding my CD57 score.
Thanks for the links to the articles re this test.

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Metgenics Mycoferon drops( Mushrooms). Thorne Research Moducare,and NAC from allergy research to build my immune system. My recent CD 57 was 126 ....up from 63 about 6 months ago..........but I feel like crapola......so who knows.

Just thought I would say what I was doing regarding immune issues. Hope this helps.

Also I get acupunture and I think that helps.

Also heard meditation is one of the best immune enhancers there is but have yet to be able to discipline myself to do it.

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j29
Member # 5044

Thanks Robi for your information. I'm sorry that your are not feeling better eventhough your CD57 score is improving. How did you hear about the supplements you are taking? Did your doctor recommend them?

Thanks

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually used Pharmanex's Reishimax the entire month before I had my last Stryker done.. plus Young Living's Berry Young juice, Bodywise's AG Immune, Endalert NADH.

NAC seems to have great results for some - I haven't it tried yet. My ND recommends Host Defense but I have yet to try that either. And her husband (a clinical research scientist) also does not have high hopes on Reishi mushrooms and says to save the $.

I would think with a low number your body is compromised and you should supplement and exercise to build it up, but not necessarily worry about the number.

Again, if you're feeling good but have a low number, how's that compare to someone with a high number that feels like crap?

------------------
Julie G.

j29
Member # 5044

Thanks, JulieG, for the words of encouragement. I'm going to try Reishimax and also try to be more disciplined with excercising.
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
j29........
These supplements were recommended to me by my ND.

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrisKraft
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisKraft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've used Pharmanex's ReishiMax, and it seems to help. Here's the ordering info.

REISHI MUSHROOMS
Pharmanex ReishiMax GLp supports your body's own natural immune system by supporting the activity of your antibodies and Natural Killer Cells.* Pharmanex's proprietary and uniquely effective cracked-spore technology unlocks reishi's active ingredient making ReishiMax GLp� highly bioavailable. ($88.60 retail -- ouch! -- so consider ordering it as an ADR "autoship" for a more reasonable price, $66.50.) You can specify the ADR price at checkout.

ReishiMax GLp from Pharmanex
http://www.pharmanexusa.com/cgi-bin/pxweb/product/en/ns_productDetail.jsp?content_id=01003519&spons_ID=US0668509

I can send you an overview page of all Pharmanex immune boosters (PDF format) if you email me. Or you can click on the "Immune Chart" on the previous web page.

KrisKraft

Posts: 245 | From Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiffyQue
Member # 3317

Icon 3 posted      Profile for DiffyQue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some possibilities to consider?:

1.Their blood level might be low because the remainder of them are elsewhere in the body in high numbers, and doing their job: a. in a hyperactive way, b. at normal level of functioning, and/or, c. suboptimally

2.0 Low count and poor functioning?
2.1 Low count and normal functioning?
2.2 One could have a high blood count of these, and yet they're poorly functioning.

3.0 Their count and function are normal, because other cells of the immune system are not sending signals to them that there is an infection. The ability of these other imm. sys. cells to let NK cells know something is arwy has been compromised by tick-borne bugs?

Gentle caveat:

Be careful of what you're 'boosting'. In some ways we are hyper-boosted; T-helper(CD4) cells are 'off the chart' in count and function, and this, alone, correlates with a low T-Suppressor count, and/or might even be one of several causes for the latter's low count and/or function. Therefore, taking supplements of many kinds that further boost CD4 count, and thereby encouraging the pumping-out of inflammatory cytokines will worsen symptoms.

Ex.:In lyme there can there can the paradoxical effect of megadoses, or perhaps even normal doses of certain vitamins and/or minerals that will cause the further rise in quinolinic acid by brain(?) phagocytes(certain neural structures in the brain), and possibly other kinds of phagocytes that WILL worsen your symptoms. Increased confusion, putting strange objects like one's shoes, or the tea kettle in the frig. might manifest this and other kinds of strange behavior. Agitation, irritability.

Megadoses of at least oral vit. C, B6, B2, and one mineral whose name escapes me at the present, will cause increased production of quinolinic acid.

Vit. B3, as in niacin(not niacinamide) and magnesium WILL counteract the above effects of the other mentioned nutrients. However, B3 in large doses will worsen existing liver problems, and inflammation including inflammation of the heart.

Gingko will worsen certain, if not all kinds of thyroid problem(s). If you get 'crazed' and you had gingko prior to getting crazed, consider gingko problematic; even if it does increase circulation to the brain, thereby counter-acting hypoperfusion of the brain, gingko might not be good to take.

See sources on the immune system for further information.

[This message has been edited by DiffyQue (edited 30 December 2004).]

[This message has been edited by DiffyQue (edited 31 December 2004).]

[This message has been edited by DiffyQue (edited 31 December 2004).]

[This message has been edited by DiffyQue (edited 01 January 2005).]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried AHCC or Biomune?

AHCC/Active Hexose Correlated Compound

AHCC is a proprietary compound produced by cultivation and enzymatic modification of several species of mushroom mycelia, including shiitake, grown in rice bran extract. Considered a superfood supplement in Japan, AHCC has been researched extensively for its immune-enhancement properties. According to human and animal research, AHCC may significantly increase natural killer (NK) cell activity. AHCC may also increase macrophage activity, enhance cytokine production, and support the healthy functioning of the liver, as well as act as an antioxidant.

Another excellent immune system enhancer (with a tremendous amount of research backing it) is Biomune, a bovine colostrum extract.
Natural Killer Cells: Your First Line of Defense Against Disease
Dr. Jim Bischoff graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Medicine and after a Family Practice Residency at the University of Iowa School of Medicine, went on to practice emergency and family medicine in Montana. He became interested in natural hormones over a decade ago, and has been using them to help his patients stay healthy ever since. For the past two years Dr. Bischoff has been studying the effects of natural killer cells on health and disease, and he travels around the country speaking on this topic.
JLML: Dr. Bischoff, how did you first get interested in Natural Killer cells?
JB: NK Cells are a critical part of the immune system, and specifically they're a type of T-cell. We all have hundreds of millions of NK cells, made from stem cells in the bone marrow. Their job is to your first line of defense against invaders or pathogens in your body. This includes viruses, bacteria, fungi and malignant tumor cells. They can detect an invader within minutes and go to work destroying it.
NK cells produce a number of substances called cytotoxins, which are toxic to bacteria, viruses and malignant cells. They seek and destroy. They travel around the body, and when they find, for example, and unfriendly bacteria; they drill a hole in the cell's membrane, inject it with cytotoxin, and blow it up. And then they can reload and go on and kill another one and another one. One NK cell can kill hundreds of bacteria or viruses.
NK Cells make interferon's and interluekins, which are part of the immune system, and tumor necrosis factor, which eats tumors. NK cells participate in immune regulation, hematopoiesis [the production and maturation of blood cells from primitive stem cells in the bone marrow], reproduction, and neuroendocrine interaction.
JLML: What happens in the body when NK cell activity is low?
JB: Low or absent NK cell activity is associated with a spectrum of human diseases, and a lowered ability to deal with stressful events. Everyone I've tested with those diseases has had a low NK cell activity. Families with a familial history of cancer tend to test low as a family. Families with no cancer tend to run high.
People with herpes, Epstein-Barr virus, chronic colds and flues, Candida overgrowth, auto-immune disease and cancer all tend to have very low NK cell activity. People who have chronic low or border line low chronic anemia also have low NK cell activity. For example, I had a patient whose NK cell activity was 2, which is extremely low, and her hemoglobin was 5, also low, and when we got her NK cell activity up to 56 her hemoglobin came up to 14 in a fairly short period of time. This is because active NK cells stimulate the bone marrow to make red blood cells.
JLML: What can you tell us about NK cell activity and auto-immune diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis?
JB: An Active NK cell produces chemical messengers that control and program the immune system. If your immune system is attacking our body, and a rheumatoid arthritis, the NK cells will calm them down. People with autoimmune diseases almost always have low levels of NK cell activity.
JLML: How is NK cell activity measured?
JB: What I didn't realize when I started studying NK cells is that the usual test doctors do is an NK cell count. You can count them because they're a T-cell, and T-cells count got to be popular because of HIV. However, most of us have a normal count regardless of our health, unless you have HIV or AIDS, were born with immune deficiency disease, or have had chemotherapy or radiation--which kills NK cells.
The relevant test is of NK cell activity.We've been able to test the activity of NK cells for 22 years, but it's much more complicated than doing a simple count. A radioactive isotope of chromium is used to test. Whether your NK cells are active or inactive, functional or nonfunctional. With the count you just use flow cytometry, and every lab has a cytometer. Radioactive material has much stricter regulations, increases the cost, and is less available. The activity test hasn't been promote or become widely available, yet it's far more clinically relevant and helpful.
JLML: What are the ranges to look for in a NK cell activity test?
JB: We've learned that almost all people with cancer are low--o to 10 or 20. Then they have chemotherapy and radiation, which kills all NK cells, and suppresses their activity for many months and even years afterwards.
The Lancet published an 11-year prospective study just over year ago, the measured the NK cell activity of 3,625 healthy people with no known disease. After 11 years they looked at who got cancer and who didn't. People with a high NK level had a dramatically lower risk of getting cancer, and those who a low level had a significantly increased risk of cancer.
JLML: Yes, that was a very interesting study. They also reported that higher NK cell activity was associated with keeping body weight closer to the standard, not smoking, increased intake of green vegetables, and moderate alcohol consumption.
JB: Stress, insomnia and depression also lower NK cell activity. NK cells are closely linked to the regulation of stress hormones such as norepinephrine, and when those are low we tend to be depressed. I'm not sure which comes first, the depression or the low NK cell activity. I suspect they go hand in hand. All corticosteriods and all immunosuppressive drugs such as methotrexate suppress NK cell activity. Interferon shots will raise NK cell activity, but they're very expensive and they tend to create steeps peaks and valleys in the levels.
JLML: What do you use with your patients to raise their NK cell levels?
JB: I use a special type of bovine colostrums called Biomune that comes from dairy cows and goes through a dialysis process that filters out the larger molecules that block absorption. It's generic name is dialyzable bovine colostrums extract. I've done baseline measurement of NK cell activity on many patients, given them this colostrums product, and measured their activity against and have found great success in raising levels and resolving many types of disease.
JLML: What do you find that it works best for?
JB: Any type of chronic infection, from bladder infection to colds, and allergies. I've also seen it work well for patients with chronic fatigue, and had some success with auto-immune diseases. Dr. Jesse Stoff of Tucson, Arizona did a clinical of 107 patients who had chronic fatigue, Epstein-Barr virus, staph infections, many types of cancer, and other diseases. He treated them with the Biomune for anywhere from 1.5 to 59 months, and saw a positive response in all of those he treated, and very significant positive responses in the majority of them.
References:
Whiteside TL et al, ``Human Natural Killer Cells in Health and Disease,'' Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 1994 Mar;1(2):125-33.
Imai K et al, ``Natural cytotoxic activity of peripheralblood lymphocytes and cancer incidence: an 11-year follow-up study of a general population,'' Lancet2000 Nov 25;356(9244):1795-9.

Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j29
Member # 5044

Kriskraft, thank you for your information re Reishimax.

DiffyQue, thank you for the interesting information regarding the potential adverse effects of immune system supplements.
I will will discuss this with Dr. B. and see what he thinks.
What do you do to help your immune system?

Mbroderick, thanks for Dr. Bischoff's
interview article. It was very informative and made me realize that my high stress level and candida range are definitely not helping my NK cells.

Have you used Biomune and AHCC yourself and, if so, how did they effect your NK cell function?

Thanks for all your help!

mbroderick
Member # 5220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbroderick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son, Jordan, has been using both AHCC and Biomune since last March. The research on both products is very thorough so I'm really hoping for a major improvement! We are having his NK cell count done again this Wednesday. We'll let you know! He started off at '10'.

Marian

Posts: 2097 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j29
Member # 5044

Thanks MBroderick, I hope your son's CD57 score improves.
I would also be interested to find out if the supplements he has been taking have been helpful.

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cortisol connection. Do you want 25 pages of "cut and pasted" research on this?

Really technical!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ginko triggered a near seizure in my son.

Cat's claw:

"Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Uncaria tomentosa contains a number of different chemical compounds which contribute to the bark's powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Among these are the glycosides.

Glycosides, so-called because their main constituent is glucose, also contains other types of organic compounds which are responsible for their anti-inflammatory effects.

Dr. Rita Aquino at the University of Naples in Italy isolated

quinovic acid glycosides,

a rare type of glycoside, in both species of Cat's Claw. An extract which isolated the glycosides in cat's claw was given orally to rats whose paws had been made to swell. The swelling was reduced by almost half (46.8%).
http://www.nutraceutic.com/Products/AmazonHerbs/WholeWorldBotanicals/catsclawpowder.htm

DQ...do you know of a chemical similarity between
quinovic acid and quinolinic acid?

++ charged glycogen combined with an acid?

Anyway you cut it, if you knock off too many pathogen too fast, this releases the toxins in their outer cell walls. You will become more acidic. Dangerous to kidney cells (esp.). Up goes TNF alpha.

Alkaline, low glycemic index diet. Nice Epsom salt baths. Take walks if at all able or consider supp. with CoQ10 as Dr. B's guidelines suggest. The highest doses of CoQ10 avail. OTC might NOT be a good idea! Go slow and steady.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement