LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » flagyl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flagyl
SpdDrv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5861

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SpdDrv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on my 5 day of flagyl which I am working up to the full dose/ I started friday with 1/4 of a tablet for 4 days then 1/2 tablet for 3 days then 1 tablet for 3 days then 2 tablets for 3 days then finally up to 3 250 mg tablets a day for 60 days. I am also taking 500 mg of zithro a day and 200 mg of plaqiniul a day before this I was on IV rocephin for 13 weeks.
I am SO emotional today just want to sit down and cry all the time is the flagyl causing that? If so will my mood level out as I go along? I have really been out there emotionally the last two days someone can just look at me and I cry. I am normally not like that.
My pain has increased since starting the flagyl but I was hurting a lot before it also. I am also dealing with major arthritis in all my joints also.
My LLMD said with me at my age 35 and having so much osteo arthritis all over so bad that Lyme disease can cause that. If lyme disease causes it with the correct treatment of lyme disease can it correct the arthritis or am I just stuck with this pain for the rest of my life?
Stacie

Posts: 220 | From Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cigi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cigi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacie - I just got off flagyl 6 days ago, 1000 mg. per day and feel like I should be put away some place. Flagyl breaks up the cystic form, so if you've had this for a while, the cysts are breaking away and then the antibiotic should kill it. I wing it from day to day. I'm also on zithromax 500 mg and IV rocephin 2gm. I was on 3 but, I'm having so much of an emotional rollercoaster (mostly bad) she put me back on two.

Good luck - I've heard flagyl's tough.

Cigi

Posts: 320 | From Upstate, NY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacie-

Yep--emotions off the wall and everything else you named.

Rough-rough-but it got better.

I could not get to a very high dose--just couldn't handle it so you are doing well.

Hang in there --or ask for a break or lower dose for now.

Chocolat

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stacie,

Dominic was on the flagyl and it was the hardest drug he been on so far but it was also the one that showed the most improvement.

His first herx I cried from him being in so much pain but after that first one things got alot better and no other herx was as bad they seemed to get better as he stayed on treatment.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recipegirl05
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6729

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Recipegirl05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same old recipegirl here - Jan

Hi Stacie,

Sorry things have been so rough on Flagyl.

Flagyl goes straight to the brain & nerves and even acts as an antifungal-------so no wonder it's throwing you for a loop.

It caused excruciating achiness, especially of the legs & feet. My LLMD called it peripheral inflammatory neuropathy (PIN).

Take it slow & throw in some magnesium 2 hours away from ABX.

Everytime my symptoms get bad, the first thing I ask is what new drug or supplement have I taken?
Usually that answers it, but not always.

Hang in there.

Take Care,
Jan

Posts: 222 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-OH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Flagyl is an emotional killer, but it also took me further in my treatment than any abx I took before it.

You will need LOTS OF REST, warm Epsom Salt baths, lots of Advil Gelcaps at the onset of the pain and whatever else you find that helps.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
-Nancy

Posts: 963 | From N. Olmsted, OH USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement