LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » reaction to antibiotics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reaction to antibiotics?
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I don't know if this is called a herx or just a stomach reaction to the mepron and biaxin. today I feel like I have been kicked in the gut. I am in and out of the bathroom every 15 minutes and I know losing this much fluids can't be good. I am sure you don't want a description so I will spare you. I am actually at home now b/c I was getting this crampy/run to the bathroom feeling every 15 minutes.

I called my doc.

does everyone go through this?

I had this on Saturday as well, although the cramps weren't so bad but the in and out of the bathroom was.

will this go away on its own?

thanks...

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

The first couple of days on Mepron I had a similar problem. Have you just started the Mepron/Biaxin?

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christelleny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christelleny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newby myself. Just finished my first week on Doxycyclin. Nausea and vomiting were pretty bad at first, until I forced myself to eat a meal before taking the pills and to drink a full glass of water after. Nausea is still there, but I'm keeping everything down.
All LD symptoms have seriously worsened though.
PS: don't forget to take acidophilus to prevent yeast infections.

Posts: 159 | From CT, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to this 24/7 support group board!

I have irritable bowel/bladder; and you sound like if you didn't know you had it ... you have it now!

We all react differently to abx. Be sure to read the side effects of each med carefully.

Keep a daily journal of what your symptoms are so you can see where you start things and stop ... the patterns.
Best wishes. Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all,

thank you!

actually, I have been on it about a month. however, last night I don't know how I did this but I literally fell into bed without taking my meds. I am usually really good about it.

I wonder if taking them this morning, first time in 24 hours, if it does that?

I am taking a probiotic acido liquid, it is almost like yogurt.

this board is amazing!

christellen, sorry you are having worse symptoms. I guess that is a herx. I did have a little cereal, but, I didn't drink very much water with it.

I really have not reacted too badly to all this stuff. mostly Saturday, and now.

what is irritable bowel? will it go away?

Posts: 167 | From Ashburn, VA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Flygirl - Sorry you are/were feeling badly. Are you taking Zithromax with the Mepron? I was under the impression it was a necessity to take Zithro together with the Mepron...I didn't know it could be combined with other antibiotics instead. I am just curious...
Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flygirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6669

hi - nope, biaxin.

I did talk to my nurse at the doc's office, she said it didn't sound like a reaction but that there is a stomach bug going around. I don't know. could be either really.

she did tell me to up the acidop.

orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flygirl,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I actually had that reaction when I started on Threelac (it is for yeast).

I had it for about a week and then started taking psyllium husk and it got much better.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

orrn

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement