LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ladies only!! Huge mass passed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ladies only!! Huge mass passed?
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone's up tonight..

This is too gross for guys, OK?

But freaky enough I have to post it..

I am having a period that is different (using immune modulating herbs is all that's new for me)..and Sasparilla ..regulates hormones I am told.

Regular period synptoms have decreased greatly in these couple of months, but each period bringing odd pains..intense stabbing and whatnot..

This time, there has been extremely heavy bleeding fot 2 days, then tonight.. bleeding where I soaked two pads in less than ten minutes. Extreme.

Then I sat and went to change the pad (over the toilet) and an enourmous "mass" was passed..this is gross but I had to look at it, and put on gloves and got it and it was the size to fill my hand..looked like chicken liver, but much bigger...

Anyone have this happen during a period or alternative "clearing" therapies..

Or any known emergency condition during a period?

I have had no "proceedure" or event that would call for this, pregnancy definatively ruled out.

Sorry for the graphics but I warned you.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 09 January 2005).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my Mo.I am sorry you have experienced such a scary thing.

I was letting my dear ole lady, Sadie Dog out this wee hour of the night and thought I would stop by to caych up.

Are you OK now?

Yes, the exact same thing happened to me a few years back.I also got very very weak and cold and clamy.I managed to pull thru and regain my wits and was fine,for awhile.

Check in with your Dr.about this.

Are you OK now?Feel strong or still having heavy bleeding?

After it happened to me I was OK,but did need attention from Dr.

Well,I am back to bed.Hoping you are alright!Mo,are you feeling better?

[This message has been edited by 3greatkids (edited 09 January 2005).]

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 3 great..

You're nice to see you now..

Thanks!

I feel still "funny"..not sure if it's more psychological than physiological.

You needed Doc attention, you say?

I just feel funny and weak..and waited up yo see if it kept happening...so far just more heavy bleeding but no more "blobs".

Sorry again for any gross-outs..but too weord to go alone..definately not a normal happening..

Thanks and I am off to bed now, too..will check back..

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,
This sounds like you passed a large blood clot. The lining of the uterus builds up, and then sheds during menses. If hormones are altered, the lining may build up thicker than usual. So then you'd have a menstrual period heavier than usual.

Sheesh, if Sarsaparilla does this, I'm afraid to try it.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

I really think you need to see a Gyn about that - I cannot imagine that any herb is "supposed" to bring on that effect. That is just more than a little abnormal - sounds more almost like a hemorrage with blood gushing like that.

Oh, and perhaps rethink about using that herb.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

I'd see a doctor in any case, just to be safe.

But I had this kind of chicken liver thing, too in the last few years, when I didn't know I had Lyme. My blobs were not as big as yours, more the size of normal chicken liver. I thought it was because I was getting old.

Then, sometimes, I had very strong bleeding - it was very scary. I read this can happen with Lyme.

Hope you feel better,

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richtersl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richtersl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

Could that have been a clot that you passed?

Linda

Posts: 749 | From New Hope, PA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sounds like a large clot...most definitely.

Want a file on Sasparilla - about 6 pages?

See the ads for Fig Newtons in mags recently?. Roman athletes ate them. Know why?

Research figs. Start with a general research then go to Pubmed. They are analyzing them to make new drugs. Look for the word, "glycoside".

Boy...were the Romans ever ahead of us with regards to nutrition, safe water, sanitation and had amazing hospitals! They took very good care of their soldiers.

We lost a lot of knowledge when that empire fell.

Posts: 9430 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I definitely would call the Dr. immediately...I have had such an incident after Becky was born..It looked like it could have served the family had it been liver..It was a combination of leftovers from the pregnancy and probably blood clots.

Now I still am in denial that I too can have this damn disease..But I went thru 2 years of very heavy bleeding..It got so bad that I was very anemic..I would go thru 15 or more pads of tampons a day and somethimes that wasn't enough..

The Dr. tried some hormome things that didn't even touch it..So went the hysterectomy route..I am thankful because I could not be dealing with what is currently on my plate and being so dead tired all of the time.

I also think Carol is probably right with her post..

Take care of yourself..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo:

I agree with the other gals. It does sound like a blood clot.

I don't know how old you are but, peri-menopausal women sometimes get unusual bleeding and the uterus starts "shedding" its lining. Also, periods may come every 2 weeks for a time. This is not uncommon if you are approaching menopause.

Talk to your Gyno.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,are you better this AM?

Sorry I had to leave you last night,waited as long as my eyes would allow,also I have a touch of what my son had over the holidays.

Wow,yes I would make an appointment with the GYN and keep in touch with her /him about your condition.

I was in the same boat a few years back,and then the same thing happened to me.

Hoping you feel better this AM!

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

I believe that you just passed a huge clot--
I have done that a lot in the past and now.
I recently had a vaginal ultrasound and there
is a fibroid on my uterus, which gyno thinks
is causing heavy bleeding (two pad a day
type at one time).

Best to check in with gyno.

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaykay
Member # 6732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaykay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13 yrs ago, pre-lyme diag, I had the same thing. Dr did a D & C in the office and it took care of the clots passing.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyddie
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mass look like a clot? You don't mention color.

In my late twenties, I hemorrhaged twice, one year apart, and passed huge clots . My lips actualy turned blue( I waited way too long to go to the ER).

It turned out I was not ovulating, so the lining of the uterus just builds up w/out the usual monthly shedding. Eventually it does shed, but there is so much built up that is as you describe. You said you haven't been regular, so that could explain it.

I am now menopausal and obviously not regular. I have been told that my uterus' lining gets very thick, but I haven't experienced heavy bleeding as in the past.

For my past episodes of very heavy bleeding and heavy clots, I had D& C's. I also had a laparoscopy, no big deal. Nowadays they probably just use ultrasound.

The second time the gyn. also gave me hormones to induce ovulation, after some months taking my am basal temperature to see if I was ovulating myself, but these are basically fertility drugs w/possible side effects to look into (I was young and more compliant then!).

Whe this episode is over, you can buy a basal thermometer at any drugstore I think, and figure out if you are ovulating.

Hope you feel better! Bleeding like that makes you feel kind of woozy and sick.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gals..

Just getting up..I do feel very weak.

It doesn't help that we have the flu here, but weak from this thing too.

DH gave his "opinion" this AM trying to say, "you know..when you have the flu, maybe all parts of your body expell allot of stuff.."

I said, "uh..we're talking about my uterus here, it's not like coughing up some phlegm.."

OK..I can check with Gyno..I suppose will wait till offices open tomorrow unless something happens. Thanks for all the ideas to think about.

I'm 38 yrs old..so not sure what age one goes "peri"? I'm sure it varies.

The Sasparilla, I've been taking for three months, and it certainly has altered my periods notably each time, so I know it is having hormonal effects, but not sure it had to do with this..

The color was dark red, not brown..
but consistancy of chicken liver (looking)..

Would that be what a clot would look like?

..or maybe it was built up lining.

It was proceeded by a whole lot of bleeding, now back to moberate bleeding ever since.

Mo

Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to have trouble like that too. had to have d&c's a few times for it. then hemoraged after my first baby, and yes, the clots look just like liver.

that was 25 yrs ago, i am well past that and had a hysterectomy 9 yrs ago. hallaleuya!

that's a lot of blood mo..., please let us know how you are today.

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Miss Maureen,

Thinking of you, and praying that you are feeling a bit better by now.

Much Love,
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo, I too recommend GYN.

Also, by chance, did you keep it and put it in a covered, empty container?

I know over the years I experienced some things like this too and they said they wanted to see it for themselves.

Best wishes. Betty G., Iowa

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mo, our posts crosses in the 'mail'. glad to see you!! thought you may have went to ER.

i would really look up info on the sasparilla. i didn't realize you have been taking it for three months.

are you familiar with healing crisis? not herx... different things. especially significant when taking herbs!

it is scary i know! don't be alone, as you may need to be taken to ER. i tell you from experience, believe me.

lori

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lori and all, and thanks..

So hemmhorage is clot..
but built up lining expelled, would that also be "clot"..or is that different.

I will see the Doc (and also will look at healing crisis), but just wondering in the meantime..

You know, I didn't keep it..and usually I would (I asked the surgeons for my son's appendix, so we could test the heck out of it's DNA)..

I thought about it keepong this, but ended up flushing it away.

Marnie..if you breeze by again, I would like your file on Sasparilla if not too much trouble.

m

3greatkids
Member # 3838

Glad you are better Mo.
After I expelled my clots, I did feel better.The rest of the period was easy to manage and did not have to worry about soaking thru.But boy,the beginnings I always dreaded!!!I put up with it for too long and my life was sometimes put on hold because of the pain and eventual need to be close to home.

I am sure with having the flu you are feeling worn out today.Please take it easy and be careful.Yes,if you continue to have extreme bleeding and more clots,go to the ER.Sounds like you are much better today,I hope.

I was usually OK after I passed those and as long as I was then having a lighter time of it I was OK.

I had a D&C first and that helped for awhile.The same pattern returned and I had to have the hysterectomy.My last experience was not good,so be careful and please take care.I fainted on the bathroom floor due to such an event.Boy,between Lyme and taking care of the womans side of things....please,give us a break!

Keep a low profile today,keep your feet up and sit by that fire!

Give those beautiful children of yours a hello!

Motherhood,wow,what we go thru,huh?

riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mo,

Just caught this and wanted you to know I am wishing you the best!

It does sound like a larger version of some clots I ahev passed. Please, if you keep bleeding heavily, get too weak or dizzy, do go to the hospital.

Thirty-eight is not too early to go into peri-menopause, especially with the kind of infections we have, and the treatments we go through. All perimenopause means is your hormonal cycle is going out of regular cycling.

Hope today is better, and the flu passes lightly through your home.

------------------
Sonoma County Lyme Support
[email protected]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

You could be passing uterine polyps. The GYN can remove them (before you pass them) with scissors in the Dr.'s office.

To prevent future problems, you can have the lining of your uterus removed (which I have had done). It takes 10 min in the hospital.

I started passing polyps when I was 35.

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have very very bad PMS which includes severe symptoms of cramps, back pain, chills, migraine, nauseous sensation, body aches and loss of appetite for days. When my period finally starts I also have heavy discharge and then a big thump size blood clogs so when these passed through my system it caused tremendously pain. I remember these blood clogs started out as a quarter size softer texture and get larger, harder and denser in the last 3 years.

Now yours is huge so I'm sure you had a major blood clog there, my dear.

I've been using herbal treatment for my symptoms now for almost 4 months and I do not have this huge discharge like your. I had my first cycle after 3 weeks on this herb I noticed my all of my symptoms improves already. My second cycle it was better and now I have no ache or pain before my cycle starts and just a very minor twitches occasionally during the first day. The blood clogs have soften and much smaller like the size of a dime and a brighter red now instead of dark dark red before.

Each herbal product function differently and yours sounds very scary. I've been using only herbal treatments for 5 years now and not all herbal products are the same in quality and functions. I'm very happy to know my current programs are extraodinary and I've recommended it to many of my friends already.

Take care and hope you get well soon.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You certainly have had a lot of response on this. I don't know what they said, but I assume some are like me and have had this too.

It is pretty scary. I am trying to recall when this was taking place. I think it was in the 90's. I also was having other lyme symptoms at the time but still able to go to school and work for the most part although I knew something was wrong.

I do recall going to the docs a few times, but not really getting any answers.

I also recall wearing a tampon and a heavy duty Always Pad but still having to change clothes more times than I would prefer because the flow was so heavy.

I wasn't taking any medications at the time with most likely the exception of excedrin extra strength. Seems like I have been taking that for years off and on.

I also was not having sex at the time so I knew it was not a miscarriage although it reminded me of when I miscarried.

It is good to see a doc just to have it checked out and to know you are doing what you can.

With me, it just went away over time.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending file.
Posts: 9430 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening Miss Maureen,

I've been thinking of you, and just wanted to check back in to see how you are today.

Please let us know when you feel up for it...

Much love,
Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mo.
Just checking in and read your post. I have to agree with the others about this being a clot - more of tissue and not really blood. What I mean is that it may well be the lining of the uterus, so it has that liver like texture - almost like a placenta if you have ever seen one of those.

Perimenopause starts many years before actual menopause, in fact, from what I have learned the actual process of menopause really takes about 10-12 years to complete, which includes losing our menses. So perimenopause or 'around menopause' starts even before that!

Check with your Mom and see when she started to have irregular periods and that will give you an idea about when you can predict that part of the process....

I think with all of our treatment that our cycles are going to be effected - heavier, lighter, more clots, less, etc. I would make an appt with your gyn for an exam - heavy bleeding would concern me if it becomes a regular feature of your cycles....

Rest up and take care of yourself....if you do pass another large clot at some time, it might be wise to save it (I know that sounds gross), but it may be helpful for the doctor. I actually passed a very large clot a few weeks after the birth of one of my kids - scared the daylights out of me - I saved it and called the doctor - everything turned out fine tho....
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto..lymemomtooo sorry..This was in response to Melanie's posting..Just was not printed as the next post..But I hope things are better..

[This message has been edited by lymemomtooo (edited 11 January 2005).]

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo,

Hope your feeling ok.

In my thoughts.

Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bpeck
Member # 3235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bpeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mo:

Hi Mo.
Before I went thru menopause - every so often
I would expell what you're describing- and they were huge clots (it can look like chunks of raw liver)

Unfortunately, this turned into a massive uterine infection... and in keeping with my 100% rate of mis diagnoses - this was mis diagnosed also..
I eventually for almost 9 months after expelling a big clot, Docs thought I had cancer (D/C didn't stop it) and it turned out to be an infection that I finally diagnosed because the smell got so bad -
they finally did a uterine biopsy and it was infection (I was put on 2g of macrodantin for a month)- and went into menopause shortly after that at 37 years old.

If you suspect infection - I would get a biopsy sooner than later...

Sorry to be so discriptive - but hey. This is our lives.

Barb

Posts: 1875 | From VT | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I know it's scary to view!

I wondered about early miscarriage, but I reviewed your message again, and, silly me, saw that pregnancy is ruled out.

I hope everything calms down soon.

Steph

[This message has been edited by Starphoenix (edited 10 January 2005).]

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all..

Thanks also for the file Marnie, I have been on Sarsparilla for allot of reasons, one of which was hormonal balance, which I read allot in various information about it's use as a "reproductive system tonic" or for clearing..

Thanks all for all the possibilities to consider. It helps to realize it can be many things going on here, and I don't want to assume anything, and also am frustrated with my experiences with "modern" medicine..

Afraid of a knee-jerk reaction or
mis-diagnosis, or of minimalization, or completely missing an infection or condition as in BPeck's case..

Ugh. I guess just to look at it all, and perhaps hope to have a Doc's assistance in taking a looksee and see what they see.
Maybe a scraping to biopsy and a scope?

My history with this is just this time so far. I have had small clots before, and was on Chinese herbs for reproductive health way before Lyme with a Chinese Doctor who told me to expect clots..I had some..
but nothing like this, this was huge..

Prior to this alternative addition recently, though..I had more pain always during periods, but much less bleeding.

Since I've been on Sarsparilla Root, I have much less pain and less other symptoms of periods, but more bleeding, and now the BLOB.
It could possibly have been large build up of lining or other over the course of allot of things and hormonal shifts..or maybe not, and something is wrong.

I won't assume anything, but that's where I'm at now, and I suppose anything that happens down the line will tell me something too.

Just feeling weak and achey in the uterus and lower back area since, no more passing of anything, and bleeding is winding down.
I definately feel lighter

Am drinking and eating to get strength back.

Thanks for all the things to consider..got lots to look at now, it was pretty freaky.
I thought seriously of keeping it, and I thought I was wierd to always think that way..

Glad to hear others would and have "held on" to these things..makes me feel less odd.

Suppose you have to be careful to label it well if it's going in the freezer, eh?

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 10 January 2005).]

NCLymie
Member # 6689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thing about 6 months ago. Came with huge cramping and passed clots after that strange thing. It was almost like giving birth again. I'm lucky becuase my father-in-law is an OBGYN, and he reassured me that it was the sloffing of of the uterine lining. My LL put me on the pill, but I went off it because I got worred about blood clots from lying around so much. I do notice that my periods are much longer, heavier and brings on major PMS. Probably a mix of the Lyme disease, no exericse and age.
Obviously you should see your Gyno, but it's actually not that unusual. Do a search on GOogle and you'll find lots of info. Fun being a female huh?

Posts: 75 | From NC | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never released clots while menstrating until I got lyme.

In my case the lyme thickened my blood and when I had my periods I started releasing the clots and also the blood was darker.

This improved once I began taking blood thinners which also coincidentally helped the abx work better.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement