LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do you know if you are heavy metal toxic?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you know if you are heavy metal toxic?
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patient Introduction to Heavy Metal Toxicity

How do I know if I have Heavy Metal Toxicity? The answer to this involves completing the following three steps.

Step I. Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you now have, or have you ever had, silver amalgam fillings in your teeth? They are dark gray in color and easy to see.

2. Did your mother have silver amalgam fillings during her pregnancy with you?

3. Did you receive a full course of inoculations as a child?

4. Do you live in a polluted city, industrial area, or agricultural area that uses pesticides?

5. Have you ever worked in a dental office or other industry that uses heavy metal components?

6. Do you eat a lot of fresh or canned fish?

7. Do you drink tap water?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions you will have some level of metal toxicity.

Step II.

Please read the list of 76 Behavioral and Functional Disorders associated with heavy metal toxicity and see if you have any of the listed symptoms. If you do, this could be further evidence of heavy metal toxicity.

Step III.

To further confirm the diagnosis, you can request that your physician perform an NDF Challenge. Urine samples pre and post dosage with NDF are taken and analyzed by a lab. If there is an increase in urinary excretion of heavy metals following the dose, it is certain that you have heavy metal toxicity.

Just about every person on this planet has been subjected to various forms of pollution. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges environmental pollution as the underlying cause of 80% of all chronic degenerative diseases, proof has been established as to the causative effect of heavy metals in neurological diseases including Altzheimer's and MS, the FDA now warns women of childbearing age (all women above age 18) to not eat certain (heavy metal containing) fish, and there are at least 76 published functional and behavioral abnormalities associated with heavy metal toxicity. Yet, testing for heavy metal toxicity is not a standard diagnostic procedure. If you are suffering with a chronic degenerative disease, or just don't feel well and don't know why, there is enough evidence to suggest that you make it a priority to find out if you do indeed have heavy metal toxicity.

Why is it important to get heavy metals out of my system? The Townsend Letter for Doctors recently published a list of 76 known behavioral and functional disorders associated with heavy metal toxicity. Heavy metals are potent poisons and free radicals that block enzyme function, impair the immune system, accelerate ageing, cause tissue damage and neurological (brain) damage. They can be the underlying, and undetected, cause of many diseases.

How do I get them out of my system?

I now recommend NDF as the chelating agent. You can read all about it in the Doctors area of the website.

How will I feel if I do?

Better!

How long does it take?

There is currently no test that can determine the amount of heavy metals in your body, only tests that reveal how much is coming out through the urine and stool, therefore predicting the length of detox is impossible. A child could take one month at a dose of 6 drops of NDF twice a day, an average toxic adult could take two months at a dose of 2 droppersful twice a day.

How do I know when I'm done?

You physician can do a 'challenge' and analyze the urine for heavy metal content. You have completed the process when there is no longer any metal detectable in the urine after the challenge dose.

What are the alternatives?

Currently the alternatives are DMPS, DMSA, EDTA, Metal-Free and PCA, all of which cause the metals to be primarily eliminated via the bowels. With NDF there is no risk of resorption or added inflammation in the bowel because the metals are mobilized primarily via the urine.

What's in it?

NDF is made with pure, certified organic, whole foods.

How does it work?

One of the ingredients pushes the metals out of your tissues and cells, another ingredient grabs them and takes them out through the urine.

Can you prove that it works?

Yes. There are extensive successful case histories and documented laboratory studies that conclude that NDF is a safe and efficient heavy metal detox remedy.

Where can I get it?

NDF is only available through professional health care providers.

P.S. Please note that NDF is not necessarily good for everyone. It strictly detoxes via the kidney and it needs close supervision. We only have one pair of kidneys - the Good Lord should have known what we do to this Earth with our fabulous brain and should have given us a dozen kidneys instead of just a couple. Our kidneys are overburdened and evolution is lacking behind. Other than that, NDF is a great medium -- if done under a doctor's supervision and the timing is right.

Take care.

There is more info where this came from on www.healthydetox.org, including the List of Behavioral and Functional Disorders.

Please note that usually people think of only mercury when referring to heavy metals. Mercury is the most devastating one, but there are several others just as bad. These are lead, aluuminum (pots and alu cans (pops), arsenic from pesticides/mothballs, cadmium from smoking, and several others - all considered neurotoxins doing very similar damage. My husband spent WW II in the Navy and his food was cooked before, between and after the battles in these huge aluminum pots -- he was very aluminum toxic, more so than mercury, and this contributed to his inability to walk or move or remember how to tie his shoes!!!!!! when Lyme was added.
Lyme and co-infections was like the Whipping Cream on the cake. He had no heavy metal symptoms until Lyme broke the camel's back.

Thank God, it's all gone and he is well.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 14 January 2005).]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigi

your consistent proselytization of mr. klinghardt's protocols are unwarrantly perilous. the veracity of most claims are indeed circumspect.

it would be in everyone's best interest if you confided these medical ideologies in private conversation or start your own flashboard.

this is not a personal charge.

i only fear that people are going to spend hard earned money and invest stock of personal faith & hope in supplemental products and devices that do not ensure any benefit of health because they are not certifiably grounded in science beyond a reasonable doubt.

[This message has been edited by zipzip (edited 14 January 2005).]

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree..while it is an important piece for some , it is NOT for everyone..and I think sometimes it can scare some of hte newbies...

IT waSN'T A piece at all for me after much testing etc...adn I"m doing fine now....IT may be for some..maybe you can add that piece...

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Lisa, just skip by when you see my posts. Very easy. I am glad you are doing fine now and that you finally got rid of your head problems.

I recently cited approx. 200 of the scientific references that I have in my files regarding this subject. This is a real problem in a real world.

Of course, it is up to the individual to ignore all or not to ignore it and avoid it. I chose not to and quite a number of people posting and lurking on this board have done the same.

Most of them prefer to keep it under wraps, and that is also okay. It is healthier for them to stay out of the shooting gallery.
I am well and my health is no longer in jeopardy - so I prefer to speak. I promised myself that if I would ever be able to live a normal life again and given the fortune of having a healthy husband again, I would speak up and share what got us to that point.
My doctor has been doing it for many years, getting people well, and thousands of doctors are doing it in a similar way clear around the world.

You do what you need to do. I will continue to do as I need to do. Can you agree to this and finally try to bury the hatchet that you have been trying to throw at me for a number of years now?

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowboarder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowboarder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

If you meet the above cirteria do you feel it's necessary to do a 24 urine or mercury challenge test?

The Manger of my local viatmin cottage told me Earth Rise is no longer making chlorella. Is this true? If so, what brand do you recommend?

Thank you GiGi!

Posts: 738 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Snowboarder, we use Biopure. If you can't find the phone number here (I posted it a couple of months or so ago), please send me an e-mail.

Dr. K. watches the quality of Chlorella most carefully, because it can change with every batch grown. Just like chlorella absorbs the metals in our gut, it does similar things in nature. So it has to be grown under great care. Because every patient and Lyme patient sooner or later is taking chlorella, he watches it very carefully.

As promised to you, I will soon post all we have done as far as therapies, etc.

Take care.

Forgot: Your doctor should help you decide that, whether to take the test or not. The mineral base that comes with Doctor's Data test could also give your doctor a clue where you stand. If the mineral balance is out of sync, it has to be fixed before you can successfully release heavy metals. The body cannot let go of them unless the mineral balance is okay. In most of us, the balance is off - wayyyy off.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 14 January 2005).]

lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who me? seriously? that was a joke ..right? I just think sometimes it can sound very scary when it's not always the answer...

glad you have the info for many , it's just not hte answer for all..

thanks,

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magdalena
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6096

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Magdalena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Gigi!

You stay in the shooting gallery 'cause we need you!

Several have inquired recently about heavy metal toxicity and I shall share this info with them.

Peace and Blessings,
Maggie

Posts: 400 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kubz62
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GIGI,
keep your posts coming. I usually like to read what you have to say.
I think we need to hear about many different ideas the beat this disease. Obviously , antibiotics alone are not the answer. If they were, lymnet would not need to exist.

After 3 years of antibiotics, I'm still sick.
On the same note,.. after a couple years of alternative therapies....
I'm still sick. $#@%^

However, I do feel I have made some minor gains using the alternative therapies. On, the heavy antibiotics , I only felt sicker.

Kubz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi cant take those remedies because they contain alcohol. Alcohol in any amount makes me feel terrible.

I think I need to detox allot of other toxins too other then the metals.

I had an amalgam drilled out last year and I felt exactlly the same. They warned me that I would herx and feel worse etc...

The only protection that they had was suction. The filling was going all over the place. I was very scared and parinoid before this thinking that I needed a proticol for mercury.

I guess theres no way to tell.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

To all of the people who say ...
"I have had my fillings drilled out and nothing changed" or "I have had my fillings removed by a biological dentist with all the precautions that are necessary, and I still feel lousy; nothing has changed.

If I have heard this once, I have heard it a thousand times.

Let me reiterate: Merely finding the best dentist in the world and having the fillings taken out, is only, only, only the first step. Because,

From the first day that you have had the filling in the mouth, the "organic" mercury, in vapor form, started to leave the filling through hot and cold, through chewing action, etc. and move into other areas of the body, depositing there as "metallic" or "methyl" mercury which is much harder to remove.

The mercury vapor is lipid soluble and passes readily through cell membranes and across the blood brain barrier. The vapor serves as the primary route of mercury from amalgams in the body. The mercury transfers to human tissues, accumulates with time.

Again: The mercury escapes continuously during the entire life of the filling mainly as vapor, ions and abraded particles. Chewing, brushing, drinking hot fluids stimulates the release.

So, picture this, the once organic mercury deposits itself now as methyl-mercury (much more difficult to remove out of tissue, etc.) in other parts of the body, and disturbs the normal functions of tissue, hormone producing cells, and presents a potential health threat to all organs.

So removing mercury/amalgam from the fillings is only the start. Then it has to be followed by a thorough detox program designed for mercury and other metals that cause similar damage.

Here I want to add that there is n o single agent that moves mercury out from all the possible areas. Some just mobilize the metals, stir it up and move it to the surface areas. From there other agents have to be used to get the metals out of the body the rest of the way. This alone is one of the reasons I have always tried to emphasize that it takes a practitioner/doctor that has lots of experience. It is n o t - N O T - a do-it-yourself job. You can do more harm than good if you try it. It is not an easy task for the most experienced doctors; please believe me. It also is not fast by any means - can take months to years.

If you have done antibiotics for years and everything else, and also claim you "have done a metal detox", make sure you check back on whether your detox is successful. An ART practitioner can test you for this in minutes. I would bet that if you have been sick that long and are still not well and live a reasonably healthy lifestyle with your family life in order, heavy metals might still be an issue. It usually is. The body has its own way of releasing the stuff, no matter how much you our/inject/IV into it to get it out. Last I heard -- our body consists of 70 billion cells. They can't possibly handle the onslaught all in a brief period of time. They will never respond if the remedy does not reach there to begin with.

Without a balanced mineral base, it cannot be done. The body is unable to release the toxic metals.

Just an aside: Some of you take Selenium, because somebody told you so. It is known that high selenium locks up mercury in tissues. If the body needs selenium elsewhere, it pulls selenium and mercury with it and deposits it in another bad place. And we wonder why we still have these symptoms or now different symptoms years later.

Lymeherx, NDF is not for everybody. No detox remedy is for everybody. However, you take NDF by the drops, possibly starting with l drop. I also could not tolerate any alcohol for a long time. But I took it anyway when I tested positive for it with ART. It never bothered me. Now we have a glass of wine every day and love it.

I would alert you to avoid the
kind of dentist as you described. Find one that is not mercury toxic him/herself that still has the ability to comprehend that mercury is a very toxic substance to the human body. He/she probably even had to install safety measures in their practice to keep the mercury from flowing into the city/town waste waters.

Try to find a doctor or practitioner that uses ART - to me and many others that have gone through metal detox, this is at this time the only and least painful way to get metals safely out of the body. With ART you can establish where the metals are sitting in your body, chose the proper rememdy to remove it from the specific areas, and you go from there until the job is done. It took me several years. It took my own doctor, who also was severely mercury toxic, several years. It took my husband several years. We all have our life back.

Do try to find someone. They are all over the country. Many are trained by my doctor every year. There is a beginners course for ART coming up in March and I will be there to learn more.

I repeat: if you can't get well with abx and whatever else you are doing, look at metals. But do it right -- and not only half-way.

My best to all - No, I don't mean to scare. I am just telling what I learned and what works for many people.

Take care.

P.S. Some people call sticking your head into the sand "Austrich Politics", as the austrich does. It won't work with mercury; even if we don't want to see it, we still feel it.

Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I very much agree with some of the others that you are scaring people with these posts.

It is the way you post that you HAVE to get the mercury out or you will not get well.

I TOTALLY disagree that this is the case for everyone, only a few will benifit greatly.

Because your husband did, you think that we all will. I am so happy for your husband, but we are all not going to benifit like him.

The REASON I am quite angry with all this mercury talk is that it is VERY expensive, and people rush out and get it done, like I did years ago, and find it was wrong for Dr's and people to write it up like you have done.

MONEY money and money, that is what it is to get the mercury out.

I feel that people def. should be told about mercury, but not in the way you post it Gigi. I believe your scare mercury posts should be stopped, because there will be some people that are going to rush out and get it done because they are scared U)P*)P( from these posts of yours.

I will say you have some great helpful posts, great ones, but these ones about mercury keep coming up, and they are scare posts in my eyes, and should not be allowed in the manner they are coming up in, being posted.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ibrakeforticks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ibrakeforticks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to see all my behavioral disorders listed, but the link you posted (www.healthydetox.org) doesn't work for me.

What is an ART practitioner? Is there a web site that has credentialed ART practitioners listed? How do they "test" for heavy metals? Does this involve "muscle testing," and/or little vials, and a practitioner's subjective interpretation? Thanks.

Posts: 204 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,
KEEP POSTING. If they dont like what you say they can click past it and NOT read it. PERIOD!!! Its crazy people demand that you stop talking about what you believe. Isnt that the right of free speech??? So if 'they' post something I, or you, or anybody else doesnt agree with then they cant post it? Yeah right.

My question is how often did you see in his office, your doctor??? Does he do long distance treatments or dont they work that way? Trying to keep up with all the info but I am running on overload!!!
And does anyone know, in the middle of the midwest, any ART or other doctors that can test or do this kind of thing??? How far to travel to see somebody???Thats good???
Thanks,
--don--

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by just don:
GiGi,
KEEP POSTING. If they dont like what you say they can click past it and NOT read it. --

I agree. Gigi has a right to state what she believes, as we all do.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi it worked for you. God bless you.
Our environment is simply too poluted and out medical system is very corrupted.

I like everyone else on here have spent thousands and burdened my parents financially and emotionally, Ill be 30 in a couple of years and suffer from the depression that I will never live a good life and that my life isint even worth living.

Let me ad that it has been my belief that we spiritually and mentally send messages to our bodies to hold in and use the toxins to feed the bacterias,viruses and cancers.

I do belive that if we work on the spiritual and emotional balancing our bodies will heal and we will be well.

I was just reading dianetics and he goes on to say that up to %70 of illness have a psychosomatic componant. Again this is the authors opinion.

I must must say that when I do not belive this way and put my faith in the chemicals and try to figure all the numbers out of whats going wrong with my body and what the dental industry has done to me I WANT TO DIE!

I need a shrink just to look at this and that is more money. Suicidal thoughts have always been a part of this illness, but it is no excuse for me to have them.

Thank you for sharing and I hope you will continue. You have lots of knowledge.
I so glad that you can finnally have a glass of wine too!!

One day I will be able to have a sip again and dance the night away in bliss.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Health, the following sentence is exactly what I said in my post above, just like I have said it many times before. If you take my comments out of context, and do not take all I am saying into consideration, I cannot help it.

I said above: Quote:
I repeat: if you can't get well with abx and whatever else you are doing, look at metals. But do it right -- and not only half-way.
End of Quote.

If you had yours done years ago, at great expense, did you actually do a detox program afterwards? Or did you not do anything after the fillings were out?

If you are one of the many people that get their fillings out and think that that is going to benefit them, then you should read my above post again. Because that is exactly what I was trying to convey.

If you expected for all the symptoms to subside that caused you to have the fillings taken out, without following it up with a long detox program for heavy metals, most likely the majaority of your symptoms do not go away until you do that detox. Taking them out is the first step, detoxing is the second step.

Again, I am talking to people that have been sick for years with Lyme and cannot seem to get well no matter what they do. They may improve a little bit with abx, etc., , but they seem to not be able to return to a full life. If that's the case, then it is prudent to look elsewhere:

Look at heavy metals
Look at dental infections
Look at wisdom teeth sites
Look at Viral infections
Look at fungi
Look at parasites

I am truly sorry if you misinterpret what I am posting or read only half of it. I weigh every word carefully as it is, because I know what people go through.

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Iberake,

try the link again - it should work. Here is the list. Hope it comes through because it is listed on the website in columns:

"Reprint from Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

Behavioral & Functional Abnormalities Associated with Heavy Metal Toxicity

Brain and Central Nervous System
Neurofibrillary tangles Aluminum
Neuritis, retrobulbar neuritis; neuropathy Aluminum, Arsenic, Thallium
Encephalopathy Aluminum, Arsenic, Lead, Thallium
Cerebrovascular disease X metals
Alterations in nerve conduction velocity Lead
Alterations in the spinal cord Thallium
Assumulates in CNS structures Aluminum, Mercury
Abnormal EEGs Arsenic, Lead
Autonomic disturbances Copper, Lead, Mercury, Thallium
Peripheral Nervous System
Peripheral neuropathy Arsenic, Mercury
Alterations in peripheral nerves Arsenic
Loss of feeling/numbness in the extremities; paresthesia Arsenic, Mercury, Thallium
Gastrointestinal Tract
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; loss of appetite Arsenic, Copper, Mercury, Thallium
Abdominal pain, stomach cramps; burning of the throat and mouth Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Mercury, Thallium
Esophagitis; gastroenteritis; colitis Arsenic, Mercury, Thallium
Cancers (colon, pancreatic, stomach, or rectal) Arsenic
Renal and Hepatic Impairment
Hepatotoxicity; liver dysfunction, damage Arsenic, Copper, Thallium
Cirrhosis of the liver; hepatitis Copper
Kidney disease; kidney failure Arsenic, Lead, Mercury
Renal toxicity; tubular proteinosis Arsenic, Copper, Lead
Kidney damage, histological alterations Arsenic, Lead
Cardiovascular System
Blood vessel damage Arsenic
Anemia; decreased red blood cell count Arsenic, Copper
Lead Hypertension; increased heart rate (tachycardia) Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Thallium
Peripheral vascular disease; cardiovascular disease, vascular collapse Arsenic, Lead
Respiratory System
Pulmonary fibrosis Aluminum, Arsenic
Pulmonary endema X metals
Pneumonia, laryngitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis Aluminum, Arsenic, Mercury
Restrictive airway disorders, asmatic conditions, pneumoconisis Arsenic, Aluminum
Respiratory tract disorders Arsenic
Nasal ulcers, perofration of the nasal septum X metals
Immune System
Increased incidences of asthma, autoimmune-like symptoms, & allergies X metals
Inhibition of lymphocytes, T-cells, monocytes X metals
Immunosuppression Lead
Decreased white blood cell count Arsenic, Thallium
Reproductive System
Genital abnormalities Aluminum, Thallium
Disturbances in menstrual cycle; menstrual pains Copper, Mercury
Birth defects; premature births; spontaneous abortion Arsenic, Lead, Mercury
Reproductive dysfunction Arsenic, Aluminum, Cadmium, Lead
Psychiatric Disturbances
Social Deficits, Social Withdrawal Mercury
Repetitive, perseverative, stereotyped behaviors, OCD-typical behaviors Mercury
Depression, mood swings, flat affect; impaired facial recognition Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Mercury
Scizoid tendencies; hallucinations; delirium Mercury
Irritability, aggressive behaviors, temper tantrums Lead, Mercury
Suicidal behavior Copper, Mercury
Sleep difficulties/disturbances Lead, Mercury, Thallium
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome(CFS); weakness, malaise Aluminum, Arsenic, Cadmium, Copper, Lead, Mercury, Thallium
Anorexia; symptoms reflecting eating disorders, loss of appetite/weight Arsenic, Lead, Mercury
Anxiety; nervous tendencies Thallium
Attentional problems (ADHD), lacks eye contact, impaired visual fixation Lead, Mercury
Speech and Language Deficits
Speech Disorders Aluminum, Mercury
Loss of Speech, developmental problems with language Mercury
Speech comprehension deificts Mercury
Dysarthria; articulation problems; slurred speech, unintelligible speech Mercury
Cognitive Impairments
Mental retardation, borderline intelligence Arsenic, Lead, Mercury
Uneven performance on IQ scores, low IQ scores Copper, Lead
Poor concentration, attention deficits (ADHD), response inhibition Aluminum, Lead
Poor memory (short term, verbal and auditory) Aluminum, Lead
Difficulties understanding abstract ideas; difficulty carrying out complex commands X metals
Dementia; pre-senile and senile dementia Aluminum
Stupor Aluminum
Impaired reaction time; lower performance on timed tests Lead
Sensory Abnormalities
Abnormal sensations in the mouth and extremities Arsenic
Hearing loss, difficulty hearing Arsenic, Lead, Mercury
Abnormal touch sensations; diminished touch sensations, aversion to touch Arsenic
Blurred vision, sensitivity to light Arsenic, Mercury
Motor Disorders
Choreiform movements, myoclonal jerks, unusual postures Copper, Mercury
Difficutly walking, swallowing, talking, flapping, circuling, rocking, toe walking Copper, Mercury
Problems with intentional movements or imitation Mercury
Abnormal gait/posture; incoordination, loss of balance; problems sitting, lying, crawling, and walking Mercury
Decreased locomotor activity Aluminum, Arsenic
Convulsions; seizure Aluminum, Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Mercury, Thallium
Other Physical Disturbances
Hypotonia or hypertonia; decreased muscular strength X metals
Rashes, contact dermatitis, eczema, itchy/irritating skin Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Mercury
Muscle pain; headache; acrodynia; colic Arsenic, Copper, Lead, Thallium
Alopecia (hair loss) Thallium

� Copyright 2002 Dr. Timothy Ray OMD LAc, All Rights Reserved, Legal discalimer
NDF� and NDF Plus� are patent pending and proven dietary supplements for the treatment of heavy metal and chemical toxicity
Site by Applepro Ltd

We really do not recommend NDF or NDF Plus in the treatment, diagnosis or cure of any disease.
We do recommend it for the removal of heavy metal and chemical toxicity in most people,
whether they have a disease or not, while under the supervision of a licensed health care provider."

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Just Don, I saw my doctor about every 6 weeks. If I was in panic, I called. But then he is only 20 minutes away from me.
A lot of people come from other parts of the country, or from Asia, or from Europe. They come twice a year, 3 times a year, the rest by phone, etc.
They come, are tested (which cannot be done by phone) and a program is determined which they will go on for some time. Often they find someone locally who can guide them along in the interim, somebody that does at least energy testing, muscle testing or similar.

There are two very competent naturopaths in the office who were trained in all the methods and who do a wonderful job. They charge of course less, because they are not MD's, but are totally up-to-date on all that my doctor does.

Go to www.neuraltherapy.com. You are in Nebraska. I noticed one ND in Omaha. Call there if that's too far and ask him/her if they know someone doing ART. They usually know each other. I know some people that travel half way around the world to get treated, because it avoids a lot of pitfalls, etc.

ART is described in an article under the clinic in Washington DC at www.nihadc.com.
Do a search on their site for ART or Klinghardt. I think I read an article there that describes the method. Some of the people posting on this board go there for treatment. Do a yahoo search on ART (Autonomic Response Testing). There is a lot of info out there.

I knew absolutely nothing about any of this. I just dug and dug and learned and eventually reached my goal - got well.

So go dig! And Ye shall find.

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Lymeherx101, I totally understand when you talk about depression. That was one of my main symptoms, long before I got the tickbite. I cleared it totally long before I was able to clear Lyme - as soon as I got rid of the metals, my depression left. Gone.
I went through my husband's ordeal with him following my getting well, without even a hint of feeling depressed. When I still had the metals in the body, I think I would not have been able to pull this off - a husband who can't move in a wheelchair. No one knows how it feels until it hits home.

I totally agree with you with the mental/emotional part of healing. There are several levels of healing. I posted a write-up on it here, several times, and you might want to read it. "The Five Levels of Healing" - if you do a search here, it should come up under my name as poster.

I hope you can find the help you need. You deserve to be well and you will be.

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Lymetoo, we talked already almost five years ago and you are still here as a staunch supporter.

If I had a money-spitting gold dukat donkey in the basement, I would get you the KMT22.
You have done so much work and you would be out of the woods in a hurry with this little gadget. I find it more and more amazing how it works. We use it for any itch or any sign of discomfort, and if I ever met a tick even at a distance, I would get it out. A mosquito bite in summer, out comes the little machine. We are not taking any chances any more!

For those of you who are not familiar with microcurrent and rife, I posted about this some weeks ago - "Klinghardt Matrix Therapy". We do not go anywhere overnight without it.

Keep at it, Lymetoo.

To all --
Thank you for your support. I do not intend to give up talking yet. There are always naysayers in this world. Scroll by -is my motto.

Take care.

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 15 January 2005).]

Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

I came on here over a year ago, under a different name.

You were all over me that the HERXING I was going through was not a herx, but METALS.

You went on and on about it to me, and you were totally wrong. I told you this and you would NOT stop. I found it totally rude on your part, speaking to me in the insistent manner that you did. It was ALL HORRIFYING lyme herxing that kept me up at night puking my guts out, bleeding in the corners of my eyes, and on and on so horrifying I was not thinking I was going to make it.
ALL lyme herxing. This went on for months, like a nightmare from hell over and over again.

YOU instisted I was mercury toxic, and that I sounded mercury toxic.
Speaking to me on here like I was an idiot in the field of mercury detox when in fact I have been around it for a long time, years.

You continued to tell me I was mercury toxic and would not let up until I told you to stop posting to me.

I feel you are coming on SO strong with the mercury posts on here. I do not have to read them, I know that, I am VERY concerned with the safety of your posts, the way you
scare the living heck out of people with the way you type in here about the hazards of mercury.

NOt all will have to get mercury out.
Your posts are just rampant about mercury.
You never let up I find. Never.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you know what, this post is very interesting, and I surely have not always agreed eye to eye with Gigi.

Especially- after looking at that symptom list, I went down it and picked out EVERY single symptom I had, and each one had LEAD after it.

Thats interesting- considering the fact that in the 1980's, and when I was in second grade,

a boy in front on me in my classroom kept turning around to bother me. And, as a second grader, I kept turning around to NOT have to look at him.

I got quite fed up, turned around to face him and slammed my hand down. ON HIS PENCIL. Now, as far as my memory goes, there was NO "safe lead" in the 80's. The tip of his very sharp pencil

broke off and went IN my finger. Still to this day, I HAVE the lead in my finger.

I ALSO have tattoos, three of them, and one VERY large covering my entire shoulder. Those have metals in them also, namely Mercury as I believe. And wouldnt you know

I was a pretty HEALTHY camper UNTIL I got those three tattoos ( all in a two year period)

AND recently, I JUST took out my belly button ring ( I have no clue what it was made of) to get an MRI. The hole closed, I havent been able to get it back in

and Ive had a GREAT reduction in my orthostatic hypotension.

Now, if I can just find a doc to take this lead pencil out of my hand.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wanted to mention, that if I wear deodorant, I get hyperhydrosis.

If I DONT, I get NO hyperhydrosis.

Wouldnt you know it- I had a comprehensive blood analysis done for metals and found out Im allergic to alluminium.

ALL my deodorants had aluminum in them.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not for or against any particular protocol but this board is for the purpose of people posting and sharing info on what has worked for them.

Please, let's not start to censor each
others posts.

I for one, appreciate all the time, energy and info GiGi puts in to this board.

I have tried and benefited from several of Gigi's suggestions. I believe her perspective and info is helping to get me well.

No one shuold just follow what someone else says. Further resarching of a particular suggestion and seeing how it applies to their healing and situation is a must.

This board IS to share our opinions..........no one has THE answer.

Again, lets encourage discussion not limit it.

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Quoting:

"Think Carefully Before Getting a Tattoo or Body Piercing

Existing regulations in tattooing and piercing parlors are not enough to ensure safety. Current regulations monitor hygiene practices such as using gloves and sterilizing needles but do not pay attention to the types of materials used.

Most dyes used in tattooing are not approved for cosmetic purposes and were produced for industrial uses such as car paint. Body piercing can also cause problems depending on the type of metal used.

Body piercing and tattooing can lead to infections such as hepatitis, HIV and bacterial and fungal infections, and can cause toxic shock syndrome, tuberculosis, tetanus, allergic reactions and venereal ulcers.

Regulations need to be established that will monitor the sterility and purity of materials and dyes used in body art.

The Guardian July 18, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Mercola's Comment:
Aside from the risk of infection, body piercing can disrupt the body's subtle energy fields. Many people don't realize that we have very small electrical currents running through our body that help to normalize us.

Inserting pieces of metal into your body can disrupt this energy flow. If you are healthy it is unlikely that you would notice any difference, but piercings can be a problem in those with more serious health challenges.

Along those lines, injecting artificial dyes into your skin could also cause problems. Although the effects may not be significant enough to notice right away, it's probably wise to avoid accumulating chemicals and dyes in your skin.

Related Articles:

Why You Want to Think Twice About Piercing Your Tongue

Teen Contracts Life-Threatening Heart Infection After Navel Piercing

Tongue Piercing Can Lead to Brain Abscess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Return to Table of Contents #452

Print this Page
E-mail to a Friend

End of Quote from www.mercola.com/tattoo

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 16 January 2005).]

lymeaway
Member # 5780

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymeaway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, just wondered about the detox article you had posted on dr. karacks oil therapy to detox with??? Has anyone used it with any success?...I havent seen any posts on that one since it was posted awhile ago...I thought that was the way to detox...confusing....thanks..jan
Posts: 25 | From safety harbor,florida,usa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
Lymeherx101, I totally understand when you talk about depression. That was one of my main symptoms, long before I got the tickbite. I cleared it totally long before I was able to clear Lyme - as soon as I got rid of the metals, my depression left. Gone.
I went through my husband's ordeal with him following my getting well, without even a hint of feeling depressed. When I still had the metals in the body, I think I would not have been able to pull this off - a husband who can't move in a wheelchair. No one knows how it feels until it hits home.

I totally agree with you with the mental/emotional part of healing. There are several levels of healing. I posted a write-up on it here, several times, and you might want to read it. "The Five Levels of Healing" - if you do a search here, it should come up under my name as poster.

I hope you can find the help you need. You deserve to be well and you will be.

Take care.

Ohh I do remember that. Thank you for reminding me that it was you who posted that.
It was very excellent.

GiGi
Member # 259

Lymeaway, it is amazing how few people react to something that costs pennies and is so easy to do.

I have a note in my files from my doctor in which he says, in reference to doing the Oil Therapy:

"This procedure has been helpful to curative in almost every disease or dysfunctional immune state that Dr. Karack has encountered.
(Karack "discovered" the oil therapy many years ago. gg)

We have found the same amazing results, especially in patients who are detoxing their petroleum solvents. Remember that petroleum solvents are lipophilic and will readily be absorbed into the oil.

Additionally, the toxic metals/minerals form soap complexes with the oil and can then be easily eliminated through spitting.

This oil technique has also had a major effect on chronic, severely toxic patients. Although Neural Therapy is excellent for a mild to moderate toxic tonsil focus, severely damaged tonsils can often be saved from surgery with the addition of Dr. Karack's technique. And since the tonsils are the first filtering system in the body for orally ingested toxins, this treatment helps boost everyone's immune system functioning through increased lymphatic cleansing of that area. (see my post on Tonsils)

Remember, too, that even if you have had a tonsillectomy, the lymphatics in the tonsil area are still trying to function as a filter and neutralize ingested toxins and microbes in the oral cavity.

Lymeaway, this therapy is just a part of different approaches we can take. If you have heavy metals inside your cells, it is a little harder to force them back out and other therapies have to be used.

But every little thing helps when we are as sick as we are. It won't make much of a dent if we do this only once or twice and then forget it. Detoxing is a lengthy affair. It most likely took us many years to accumulate the toxins, and it therefore will take a while, more like a few years, and a lot of effort to undo them and the damage they will continue to cause if we do nothing or just half-heartedly. Any gentle detox helps, and this is a gentle one, that does not stress your kidney and liver, both of whom are probably cringing under the various therapies many are doing.

Take care.

For those who missed the Oil Therapy post, search under Karack's Oil Therapy. It is a little jewel.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement