LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Improvement % Poll

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Improvement % Poll
CaliLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6509

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CaliLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyone.

1.) How they have had Lyme and when diagnosed.
2.) What percentage better they are
3.) What treatment helped the most

This will be useful info into what to expect and what works.

CaliLymer

Posts: 215 | From CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliLymer:

1.) How they have had Lyme and when diagnosed.

1. How long? at least 46 yrs
2. 95%
3. Hard to say. Went through all the usual abx, treated for babs [over and over again], heparin, hormone levels corrected, growth hormone, and lastly, mangosteen juice. What a life-saver!
Been in treatment 4 1/2 yrs....Feeling GREAT!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliLymer:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyone.

1.) How Long they have had Lyme and when diagnosed.

This will be useful info into what to expect and what works.

CaliLymer

up

Posts: 215 | From CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. 8 years ago, idsabled by lyme, 7 years ago diagnosed with lyme, theorize had lyme for a year prior to disabling.

2. 90%+ better, only complaint I belive is lyme related/caused is excessive daytime sleepiness treated with ProVigil.(I had late neuro lyme and almost couldn't walk)

3 6+ years of dual antibiotics helped...as well as going to a psychiatrist and getting on antidepressants etc.. so I couls function well enough to fight the disease.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meemer
Member # 6620

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Meemer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

1. I had the fever, excrutiating pain, drenching body sweats delirium and headaches starting May, 2004. I was in screaming pain. I was diagnosed August, 2004. But I also had what I thought was the flu the year before and slept through most of 2003. I had always been an early riser prior to that year, and always running with four kids.

I may have had Lyme four years ago when I started with a sudden "Achilles Tendonitis" after a leisurely three mile bike ride with my daughter. I experienced excruciating shooting pains up my legs followed by sleepiness and an inability to bear weight on that leg. I also felt generally sick with a cold. I was told they were micro tears probably, but from then on I was crippled at 42 years old with Achilles Tendonitis so severe some mornings I had to crawl to the bathroom. I wonder if I had been biten twice.
Since then both legs became AC involved making walking almost impossible at times.

2. Diagnosed with Achilles Tendonitus in 2000, and with Lyme in 2004.

3. Treated with oral Cipro when the doctor thought it was a kidney infection, Levaquin when she thought it was pneumonia, Cipro again for blood in the urine (another kidney infection). Then 1 month IV Rocephin, 2 grams a day. Now I'm on fourth month of 6 months oral Doxycyline 400 mg a day. Cipro was not a good drug for me with tendon trouble. But strangely I improved somewhat with breathing and rib pain on both Cipro and Levaquin even though they aren't on any list for treatment of Lyme.

Within a week on Rocephin I was much better and slowly got off pain meds, and my Achilles Tendon was better than ever. I thought the Rocephin had miraculously cured the "Achilles Tendon". Then when I got off Rocephin, it reversed and my tendonitis came back. I immediately started on Oral Doxy, and am doing great on it, but when I tried to get off in November rib pain, face pain, breathing difficulties, and confusion came back. I'm back to limping and hobbling once more. But I can function in life, and I have energy back. I'm up at 5:00 am with my kids and helping them with their lives. Now if I could only sleep at night again! The only complaint now is behind the light sensitivty, eye pressure, facial pain and mild rib pain. I'm well on my way to recovery I think. The main thing is I function as a wife and mother again, and am no longer viewed as "sick". My focus in life is life is living it now!

Meem

Posts: 66 | From North Potomac, Maryland | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

This is really interesting. It's good hear that treatment is somewhat containing lyme if not eliminating it.

Anyone else?

CaliLymer

Laczitag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laczitag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1). had Lyme since April 1999; diagnosed about 4 months later; had Rocephin 21 days; have had 3 relapses and then on oral antibiotics; recently on SAMENTO
2). I think I am now about 90% better
3). The Rocephin IV helped the most in the beginning, but after 3 weeks on, I got really sick as soon as I was off. Now the most efficatious treatment seems to be SAMENTO. When ever I stop taking it, within a few days, I get symptoms.

Posts: 121 | From Sarasota, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindy_leigh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cindy_leigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. probably 14 years
2. 85% better, gie or take
3. Mepron and Zithroxax, this was after about a year of doxy, penicillin, and tetracycline

Posts: 688 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadPain
Member # 6731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeadPain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to know how far down everyone got before getting better - too. Anyway-

Sick since March, 2003. Diagnosed clinically in Mar, 2004 as all tests were negative. (after visits to about 20 ducks around Tx and even Mayo Clinic in Minnesota)

On abx from March - July, 2004 IV and no improvements.

From March thru May, 2003 - I went from feeling 100+% (normal, healthy, active person with no health issues) to completely disabled and bedridden in 2 months, the onset was very quick. I have no recollection of tick bite or any reason to believe I was bitten at all. So, I had to quit work and at my lowest, I was about 5-10%. Now I'm about 30% and still miserable.

No idea what to do next....

Live is the pits......

Posts: 21 | From East Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I dont know how long I had it. was dealthy, deathly ill 9 months before being diagnosed, but pretty OK before then. DIagnosed April 2003, in treatment until August 2004.

2. 90 percent better on a good day, 50 percent on a bad day. Ive never gone "all the way back " symptom wise but have gotten very close. My remaining symptom is Orthostatic hypotension ( and all the lovely symptoms

it brings with it such as blurred vision, dizziness when walking, etc) , internal shaking episodes, and buzzers in my feet.

3 Antibiotics helped. By far, yeast treatment has helped and detox. Chiropractor rules.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I've had Lyme for about 18 years, since I was 12. I was diagnosed about 10 months ago. I have not had consistent acute symptoms for the 18 years though.

2. It's hard to say a percentage. I'd guess over 80% from where I was when I started treatment, at my worst.

3. A number of things. Flexeril combined with myofascial release, physical therapy and exercise was crucial to symptom control. Plaquenil reduces my inflammation and stiffness. I believe Levaquin and Ketek have helped most in killing the critters.
Increased protein (I stopped being a vegetarian) did make a difference in muscle strength.

One of the most important things for me was refusing to give up and let it take over my life. I started law school at night, and I am certain that has helped me. Because it keeps me off the couch, away from the t.v., and gets my mind off the Lyme and into thinking.

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head Pain....do you have pets? Any contact with fleas? Are your parents healthy? You may have gotten a flea bite......or you may have been born with Lyme.

Read this to see other ways you may have contracted Lyme.
Breakthroughs in Lyme Disease http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/024093.html

I was Lymed near Somerville Texas.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6509

up..up...
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. I've had Lyme since the 3rd grade following a tick bite. That was 30 years ago. I was finally diagnosed in 1998 with Lida Matman's positive culture, but I wasn't sure about going the antibiotic route because I had chemical sensitivities, severe allergies and a Candida diagnosis. I had the highest ELISA (Lyme) that my neurologist had/has ever seen.

By the time I was officially undeniably diagnosed in 2000, I had extensive neurological and cardiac problems and my life had shrunk to the degree that I barely had a life at all. I also tested positive for Babesia (Bowen), Bartonella and Mycoplasma.

2. Today I am 95% better and I believe a full 100% recovery may indeed be possible. Life is great and is becoming even better. I have no allergies, chemical sensitivities and Candida are a thing of the past. They all appear to have been secondary to my Borrelia infection. I am symptom free after 6 months on the MP. Aside from the MP drugs and thyroid, I am medication free. Of course, only time will tell if this is the lasting answer I believe it will be.

3. The Marshall Protocol. www.marshallprotocol.com and www.sarcinfo.com http://autoimmunityresearch.org/

[This message has been edited by Lonestartick (edited 18 January 2005).]

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops

[This message has been edited by Lonestartick (edited 18 January 2005).]

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6509

iteresting stuff to someone who is only about 30% functional. It hopefull to see Lymers 90% plus or better after being infected for decades. I start Bicillin on Monday. I hope you dont me bring this up occasionally for updates.

CaliLymer

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is amazing to me, I know some of you people answering have addressed mercury toxicity also, or at least part of the toxicity that I, as does our doctor, consider one of the major problems of Lyme Disease; of any disease, for that matter.

Why not say it, if that was part of your good results - so the rest of the people still hurting at least can pay attention to a problem that might be a very real one for them.

It was theeeeee obstacle for both my husband and myself, and only after we addressed heavy metals and and dental infections (wisdom teeth and wisdom teeth sites without teeth for years), did we both get well. That came after the viruses and parasite treatment that are part of any Lyme victim that I know to have improved or gotten well.

We are both old folk and yet it worked for us to be well. Very well at the ripe old age of 74 and 80.

Then a poll starts to make sense.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, but this person that recovered did nothing with the nine amalgrams she has.

In fact, she was tested by a mercola recommended tester and it was NOT my priority.

At least NOT NOW. Everyoneis different.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crime, I don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you talking about someone else or yourself. Of course we are all different.
Thank God for that.

Did the person you are referring to get tested with the Skasys (armlength/computer) testing at Mercola's? A little more than two years ago, it did not have Lyme or co-infections in the Skasys program. Co-infections are not as well known in Europe as here
and the program was developed in Germany. I have met and know the person who designed SKasys. It is very different from ART and the testing and priorities are quite different. My husband had full-fledged Lyme with multi positive Igenex tests that did not show on the Skasys. As so often, if it is not in the program, how can you test for it. My dad used to say, garbage in, garbage out. I hope they have remedied that in Skasys. I was tested on EAV, long before I met my ART doctor. I had severe Lyme with partial paralysis. Nothing showed on EAV at that time, except a repeated spider bite. How can you test it with the aid of a computer if the Lyme frequencies are not in it? I hope that today's EAV systems work better and at least cover Lyme thoroughly.

In my earlier post above, I was simply referring to the fact that I know and have been told by a couple of people who responded above that they treated their teeth /heavy metal problem in various ways. If that was part of their success, I feel that should be mentioned. It would give a clearer picture of why they were successful
and their approach.

There is another poster who posts sometimes and is excited about Rife. He is doing very well. It bothers me, however, that he does not mention that he has addressed his teeth and seen a doctor for the metal detox. It tells only half of the story.

It would be nice if people would get the full picture and be able to take it from there. What people do with it, doesn't matter. Yes, we are all different.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement