LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Podi-patch updates anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Podi-patch updates anyone?
lhm312
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading with great interest about experiences with Podi-patch, and that some people have tried a less expensive brand.

Are the less expensive experiences as good? Do you Podi-patch people still advocate it's use?

Before I try either, I will have to call the company and ask how the patches might interact for someone who is already having 2 BEFE foot baths a week, unless someone out here knows.

Thanks for the input, Godbless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the less expensive patch from ebay. After several weeks they seem to be getting a bit less brown.

I feel better on and off but this may or may not be due to the patches. I think it is hard to sepeerate out all the treatments and their effects. I do many types of tx.

I am improving very slowly and over a long time frame............I wish it were faster but I am learning patience.

I do not know about interfering with other foot detox tx you are doing.

I think the patches I use work well. I bought 40 patches ( 20 day supply ) for $36.00. Shipping was free and fast.

That's a cost of $54 per month. I can barely afford this......so doing podipatches at $120 a month just isn't going to happen for me. There is a free product that comes with the podipatch for $120 a month but I don't really see it as "free" when the patches cost more than twice as much.

My ND has me on spcific immune building supplements that she does not sell.....hard to trust the person selling the product....it is a conflict of interest in my opinion.

Everyone is different and we all get to chose...... i am just speaking of what i have chosen. The less expensive patch is the way for me and it is working. I feel like I am getting my money's worth.

I get my pathes from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1279&item=5551878380&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I do not know these folks or get any sort of discount for posting the link.....I have simply ordered from them and am passing on the info. If you email them, they will give you the price for the amount of pads you want. I got free shipping by ordering 40 pads at one time.

hope this helps,
robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lhm312
Unregistered

Robi, thanks so much, that's just the kind of info. I was looking for.

I checked the website and it said free shipping if you order 100 pads or more. Was yours a special deal?

I have never dealt with ebay, am probably the only one in the world who hasn't, and feel like an idiot here.

robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't think it was a special deal.

Go to the link I gave you and then click on "ask seller a question". You can communicate with them from there. I don't have their direct email address any more. I think you have to reegistr on ebay to do this.

Hope this helps,
robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using Podi Patch brand since August 2004 and I've tried a few other brands due to price issue and curiosity of their effectiveness.

What I've discovered is cheaper brands are not as effective plus those crazy adhesive sticky drove me nuts because it ripped when you remove them so I ended up having to spend at least 10 min just to scrub them off. This was not fun when I had a really bad CFS. Also a couple brands pouches with ingredients inside ripped so it stucked to my feet like glue the next morning. Not very desirable also.

Another thing I like about Podi Patch company is I called or email them I always get a quick response. These guy do pick up their calls immediately and none of these crazy phone line connection to so and so extension, so by the time you get to someone you're on the phone about 30 min just to get your answer. Customer service satistfaction is important for me.

Regarding prices, Podi patch was $240 for a month supply when I first started in August and now $120 plus a free bottle of Agaricus worth $55. Agaricus is an extraordinary immune & energy booster imported from Brazil and organically grown. Of course, it passed the U.S. Customs and FDA before distrubution. Since using this in Oct 2004 my CFS improves tremendously so I highly recommending this if you have CFS. This is also a one month supply so it goes along great with Podi patch treatment. I have not have any pain symptoms since using both products and I've also add other great products they have as well.

All I know is whatever I use from this company the products are extraordinary for the price and especially the results I get. You cannot expect best results if you use lower quality products or using it for a few days and see miracles for lifetime. I am at least 80% to 90% improvement due to my consistent effort and their support so I believe in their products 100%.

I cannot tell you or anyone that this is the one for you or other brands are no good. It is about choices we must have to choose for ourselves. I know this supply costs more, however, I also choose not to waste money on uneccessary purchases so I can apply toward my treatments. If I don't focus toward what works I would never reach my better health right now. That's why I continue doing the treatments to prevent my symptoms from returning.

I've been receiving many many emails from everyone regarding Podi patch and most people are very happy with their results. That's all I know.

I wish you luck and I'm sure you'll make the best choice for yourself.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

FF09 wrote:

"What I've discovered is cheaper brands are not as effective plus those crazy adhesive sticky drove me nuts because it ripped when you remove them so I ended up having to spend at least 10 min just to scrub them off. This was not fun when I had a really bad CFS. Also a couple brands pouches with ingredients inside ripped so it stucked to my feet like glue the next morning. Not very desirable also."

I have not had this problem at all with the patches I use. Again, I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

When I was initially investigating patches I contacted podipatch and was told if I recommended these on lymenet they would give me a discount on my own purchases. Sounded like a marketing scheme to me. I am very much against making gain for myself by preying on the sick.

This is not to say podipatchis a bad product. I just think it is too expensive and there is a great deal of mark up.

If they were selling it for $240 a month then dropped to $120 a month and include a "free" bottle of suplements I have to wonder what the true cost of the item really is.

Everyone deserves to profit in there business.....

I have gone with a product I feel is fairly marketed and of high quality.

As I said, I haven't had trouble taking the patches off in the morning or the patches ripping.

robi

fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fulfillment09   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi,

I am not sure what was discussed between you and the company regarding referrals or recommndation on LymeNet. I know for the fact that when I mentioned to them regarding the higher prices for those with financial issue to purchase their products. Kalie and Andreas told me if those who had expressed this matter to them AKG Naturals will provide products if they mentioned their web site to anyone who's interested. Personally I don't think that's a marketing scheme, Robi. I would say that's a very nice and supportive gesture to help those in need and a marketing strategy. It's how we want to interpret that message. Products that heals and works effectively costs more than others and they are doing their best to help by giving free gift that also works to compensate the cost. FYI, this past Christmas, AKG Naturals had paid 50% of all the Christmas gifts that I sent out to my list of Christmas Wish List recipients. They did not have to do that, but they did and had asked me not to mentioned that because they want to thank me for helping them helping others. Now that's a very honorable thing to do in my book.

Also mark up or scheme it is not in my place to judge. I know if a company has an office space, warehouse, phone lines, etc of a legitimate licensed facility versus functioning out of their bedroom would have a much higher expenses and costs. Marketing strategies cost so when they save this expense and pass it down to users I think it's a great strategy in my opinion.

Personally I do not get any free gifts or compensation from this company because I'm not in any financial difficulty which is a blessing. I only recommending this because I know it's good and it works. I don't complain about any pain & suffering on LymeNet because I no longer have these symptoms since using their products. My purpose is to provide supportive info and insights of my success to those who need the products.

Like I'd said it is about personal choice and I am providing that to everyone. I'm not here to judge or put down anyone or any company. If I don't like something I just say it does not work without mentioning names. Those who wants to know more email me privately for info. I could not say that you get some kind of benefits when you provide links to your ebay supplier to others without knowing the truth. Let's say if you do benefit from that I think that's great for you or anyone else who does that. Why not? If anyone could get something that they need for their treatments and still able to do it while in bed resting and healing.

LymeNet is a place for info and support so I ask that we are to be of one instead of blaming and accusing each other. I am not interested in any negative discussion, however, I will share the truth and factual info when needed. I'm about Love, Generosity, Joy, and Contribution to all people. I personally apologize if what I have to say or said had offended anyone on LymeNet. It was not intentionally committed. Thank you. God bless.

Posts: 149 | From Long Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

I have done as you have done, shared my experience with no ill intent for anyone.

They did not "offer products" as you stated...... they offered a slightly reduced price for advertisement. I still could not afford the price.

You believe other patches are not as high quality. I believe podi is too costly. It's a difference of opinion and its really ok.....

I am trying to offer an alternative source, based on my experience, to those who are not financially blessed..........that's all.....this is not personal. I am glad you have found what works for you.

robi

hairexperts
Member # 6563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hairexperts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Podipatch is great. Worth the money and my pain reduced. I don't work for the company. Just to let lhm312 know.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lhm312
Unregistered

Thanks folks, I think the bottom line here is no matter how good something might be purported to be, if we can't afford it, there's the added stress of spending beyond our budget.

I am already spending a fortune on alternative methods of healing, and have to weigh the benefits of any further spending.

I'm sure there are things that worked for some of us and not for others, as we are all experiencing this nightmare differently.

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too still using them. Going on 7 months now. Have been off abx for 2 months now after 9 months of treatment and still doing extremely well. It's strange how they can taper off in color, and then I pick up a stomach virus that everyone in my office gets, and the patches start oozing with black stuff again each night.

I must note that the product I use does not come from AKG, but from the actual manufacturer, and is called Thera Chi Patch. The price is about the same, but I buy them from www.real-world-health.com.

I too am in no way affiliated with any company. I don't get free stuff or discounts or whatnot.

I just wanted to share the info when my LLMD put me on them. I only pointed the way to the AKG site because they had lots of info on the patches.

As GiGi has drilled into our brains so many times, we all need to detox our bodies of the neurotoxins we've been hoarding for years if we ever want to get better. This is a gentler way to do it. Whether it needs to be complemented by other detox methods remains to be seen.

But for me, they have definitely improved my life greatly and anyone suffering from major brainfog should give them a try, at least for a month. If you're considering the ones on Ebay, I say compare the ingredient list first to see if they're comparable.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first tried podi patches after reading fullfilment09s earlier posts, for which I am very grateful. I ordered a 5 day supply to give it a try. I was skeptical but the results were miraculous.

Podi patches were the first thing in 4 months to give me any relief. The change was immediate. The unbearable pain, electrical feeling & tingling that had been plaguing my feet and ankles every night subsided. I slept through the night for the first time.

The patches cost 2.00 each ($4.00)night. About what I used to spend on coffee. Tetracycline made coffee taste so bad that I gave it up. Starbucks loss is AKG Naturals gain!

Hoping to get the same relief for less I bought an assortment of patches from this seller on ebay: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcheapdetoxpads4sale shipping was fast and the adhesive while not as good as podi-patch, wasn't bad. The problem is that the patches were no where near as effective. They seemed to be mostly filler (starch) with just a little active ingredients. There was also less filling than Podi Patch.

I tried the gold, red & blue patches. Each was slightly different. I also ordered the raspberry & grapefruit patch thinking they might smell more pleasant and be better when travelling. They had such a strong artificial smell that I threw them out.

Next I ordered Copper Patches from the same Seller. I also ordered a one month supply of Podi Patch. I've used Podi Patch every night since Jan 3. My feet & ankles feel better and my energy and overall health continue to improve. I rotate the patch placement as suggested in the instructions and keep them on overnight and for a few hours in the morning. I've gotten used to the smoky smell.

Here are my personal findings on the effectiveness of the different pads : Podi patch, very effective (lots of active ingredients, little filler). Copper, next most effective but not as good, Gold, Blue & Red, less effective (mostly filler) but better than nothing. Raspberry, & Grapefruit, forget it, unusable.

If you can't afford podi patches every night I recommend alternating them with the cheaper less effective patches. In my opinion they are so much more effective that it is worth it to spend the extra money.

I ordered an extra month of podi patches when they had a holiday special (5 days free + bottle of agaricus). I recently started taking the agaricus. I am also feeling better but can't be sure if the agaricus contributed. It certainly didn't make me worse.

I am not affiliated with akg naturals, they don't know me and I have not asked them for any referral fees, discounts etc. I am just happy they have a good product that has given me so much relief. Since using the patches I have been able to increase my work schedule and therefore can afford more patches. Prior to using them I was hardly able to work. I also hadn't had a good nights sleep in a long time. When I use the patches I sleep throught the night.

If any of you try the patches because of my recommendation and feel they don't work for you I would be happy to buy the extras from you. I'm planning to stick with the foot detox a while longer and only have enough Patches to last until March!
h&s

[This message has been edited by hatsnscarfs (edited 23 January 2005).]

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

HatsnScarf: That's a good idea about rotating the Podi Patch and cheaper patches if finance is a concern. I'm so happy to hear you're doing better too and able to work more to have your necessary supplies. I wasn't able to work at all for over 3 years and my parents have been supporting me plus my medical expenses. I didn't like that at all, but had no choice at the time.

Agaricus is a great product, but you need to make sure you take enough amount. My girlfriend took 4 caps daily as recommended, but now she increased it to 6 caps daily and it's better. So perhaps you give that a try. I occasionally take 6 caps when my CFS flares up, but mostly after too many activities.

I finally start working again this January and it feels really good to be able to pay for my supplies now. What's important for me is just to feel good waking up in the morning and function like almost a normal person again is a great feeling and a blessing. I could not do that if it has not been for AKG Naturals products and their advice. I have used so many doctors, herbalists before and no one was as good and supportive as these people. I don't even have to pay for the consulation and no office visit fees. The last time I went in for my annual checkup the doctor charged me over $500 just to spend barely 30 min of checking around. Btw, I spent 20 min of that sitting around waiting for him and his nurse. What a crap! However, I spent up to an hour with Kalie on the phone sometimes and I'd never received a bill from her. What I've learned from them I apply and it works! That's all I know. If you're concern about long distant phone bill just email them and ask them to call you at certain time. They will let you know if it is good for them or not and they'll arrange another time with you. What else can I ask for.

Honestly, I don't waste my money and time with anyone else because I'd had my share of craps out there. It's just my opinion, alright.

For any newbies reading this post and you're interested in trying out Podi Patch you can log in www.podipatch.com And no, I don't makes a profit recommending you using this. Don't even mention my name when you order, alright.

Btw, I heard thru someone who asked me about podi patch and her sensitivity to scents that AKG Naturals are having a new & improve patch coming without the BBQ stink. She tested it already and it's fantastic! I don't know when it is available since they have not mentioned it yet.

These patches are manufactured in Japan and they are the main distributor for the manufacturer. I believe there are many sub-distributors out there for AKG Naturals. Some of them sell it cheaper and some much higher, depending on how greedy they are. There are many imitation patches out there; that's why there are less expensive brands but not as effective. Whatever works for an individual; just do it.

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Podipatches get my vote. I am just glad I was able to order them for a couple of months. I don't know if I will be able to continue to use them.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kira
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I haven't done a comparison or anything, but I have been using a different brand, that seems equally effective and comparable to the Podi Patch (to me at least)...I wish I knew what the herbal ingredients in each were to truly compare...Would be interesting.

The one I have been getting is from http://www.Zidiz.com

Right now they have 60 pads for $60, free shipping...

The quality of the pads seems good to me: have never ripped on me, and the sticky patches don't leave tape residue on my feet like one person said another brand did to them

The website shows you being able to stick the pads on other parts of your body as well...but I have only really had success with applying them to my feet...

I use it in spurts due to cost...but I see variations in it getting lighter brown with consistent use...or darker on some days than other depending on how I feel...

Just sharing my personal experience...

Kira

Posts: 802 | From Chicago suburbs, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Zidiz patches look like the "Copper" ones I got on ebay from search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcheapdetoxpads4sale They are 89cents each with free shipping. I thought these were most similar to podi patches but weaker. Kind of like taking the podipatch ingredients, mixing with equal part filler (starch) and then making 2 patches out of active ingredients from one.

Copper was definitely better than the others I tried. These patches worked.

I also found the patches only work on my feet. One night I put them on my ankles which were really sore. In the morning the pad was still dry so I moved it back to the sole and kept it on for a few hours in the am. Also, I sometimes use extra tape in the middle or stuff some extra padding into my sock to hold the pad against the arch of my foot. Sometimes the pad does not press against my skin when I do the arches.

h&s

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lhm312
Unregistered

I wrote to Zidiz.com for a list of their ingredients. Some of the other websites list the ingredients so we can compare.

I plan to take the lists to my alternative dr. to see what he thinks, and then make my own decision.

Too much to think about with limited brain energy today.

Godbless.

fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

You don't have to place the patch on a particular pain area for relief. My favorite place for Podi Patch is my heel and it seems to cleanse my whole body anyway.

Podi Patch has the ability to cleanse soft tissies and lymphatic tissues. I don't think it really matters if you have to place it on a particular place in order for it to works. I cannot say that about other brands' effectiveness.

HatsnScarf: I like your analysis about the ingredients quantity between the Podi Patch and others. If you are correct about 1 Podi equals to 2 others in effective ingredients then it also means you have to purchase 2 months of others, let's say Zidiz from Kira's choice, ($60 x 2 = $120) to equal to 1 month of Podi Patch ($120). Then that means the price is the same except with Podi Patch I also received a free bottle of Agaricus (value @ $55).

In this case if cost is a factor and knowing the Podi Patch's quality is superior I would rather use Podi every other day than everyday with lower quality patches.

Sorry, guys, my father is a financial planner so it runs in the blood with analyzing the dollars and the benefits.

In reality it's all about personal choice here. I cannot say that I'm right and you're wrong and vice versa. Whatever we choose for ourselves is the right thing for ourselves and we need to give others freedom to do so for themselves.

I believe being supportive and loving toward each other is very important especially in our health situation. Provide info and allows everyone to choose. God bless everyone.

lhm312
Unregistered

I have a pad logistics question. I tried the ebay patches for the first time last night, started with the gold, but also bought the copper ones to try after.

I put the pad across the middle of my foot. I only got discoloration around the edges of the pad, and wonder if I didn't do this right. I have flat feet, so the arch wasn't the problem as far as I can tell.

Does this mean that the whole pad wasn't pressed hard enough against the foot? The socks seemed tight enough.

This is already too frustating, and it's only been one night.

Thanks a bunch.

lhm312
Unregistered

up please
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When using on the arch of the foot, try some tape or bandage. Put them on an hour before bed or so (wearing socks) and make sure you walk around in them for a while. Put on a pair of slippers too to really activate them.

When you get up, leave them on for an hour or two and walk around. They need to get warm.

This used to happen to me too. Either my arches have gotten flatter or my feet are just used to detoxing now.

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lhm312
Unregistered

i just knew someone would know what to do, thanks for the response.
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might try them again but after I went through my trial patches I felt terrible.

This might be a healing crisis.
Tough to say though.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem when I use the pads on my arches. Several solutions:

1. Extra piece of tape around the middle of the pad (I use first aid tape)

2. Stuff something into your sock to press against the pad (I use eye pads since I have a big box left over from when I had Bell's Palsy). I also thought about cutting up some old socks for this purpose.

3. Next I put on massage sandals, the ones with the nubby things, this presses the pad against my arch. I wear them a while before going to bed and again in the morning

4. I have a collection of "podi patch socks" all my old mismatches etc. I use tight ones on arch night.

Other podi patch updates: Thanks to the person who emailed me saying their LLMD suggests taking a week off from the patches every month. I'm finishing my week off now and did it while I was away traveling. I did take quite a few epsom salt baths though.

I noticed the adhesive patches that came with "Copper" say Zidiz on them. I'm pretty sure Copper & Zidiz are the same.

h&s

lhm312
Unregistered

LymeinHell and Hatsnscarfs, I followed your directions and my pads this morning were quite yucky, just like the pictures show. The extra tape and walking around before made the difference.

I was wondering if using these pads produces a cumulative affect after continued use. I didn't feel any benefit even after the pads clearly showed something going on.

I'm not using them tonight because I had a Befe foot bath in my dr's office today, and also did a vinegar bath tonight. I don't want to overdo the detoxing, unless someone with experience here can tell me it doesn't make a difference.

My sense was to not use the pads on the days I also have the foot detox baths, which right now is twice a week.

[This message has been edited by lhm312 (edited 08 February 2005).]

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

LHM

The benefits are cumulative. Stick with them for 4 weeks of continuous use and you'll notice the difference.

I have to say the first week I felt rather drained of energy. After about 3 1/2 weeks, my brain was clear again and my aches and pains decreased by at least 50%.

I really can't tell you whether you should use in conjunction with the clay foot baths. My gut would say go with your instincts, but I could be wrong.

Glad the tape and walking around helped.

Over time you'll notice periods where they get lighter and lighter. And then when something goes wrong, like getting a UTI or a virus, and they gunk up again.

FWIW - my office has been undergoing construction, and against my protests, they're using OIL PAINTS and it's a recirculated air building.

I'm using 2 patches on each foot a night, trying not to die from the toxins being released, and the patches are BLACK and OOZING nightly. Mind you, I've been wearing them since May.

------------------
Julie G.

lhm312
Unregistered

Ok patch experts, another question please, actually two.

I just finished 5 days with the gold pads. They got yucky nicely and were fine, although it's hard to tell if any affect, could be real subtle but I wasn't worse with them.

Problem: I switched to the copper pads last night, and my feet are burning so bad they feel like they are on fire. I actually expected a rash or something, but to the eye there's nothing there.

I kept them on overnight despite the burning, figured I have to adjust. I am experimenting with different pads as everyone suggested here.

The pads are now off, I washed my feet, and they are still burning like on fire.

Anyone experience this? Allergic to ingredients maybe?

And what's the best way to get the tape off that sticks to the feet? The gold tape was fine, but this copper pad tape is sticking. I feel like I'm rubbing off my skin but some still isn't coming off. Next, I'll be going for the Brillo pads.

Thanks experts!!

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My feet did that the other night and during the day. It reminded me that I haven't worn my podi patches in about a week.

I forgot that night, but ended up putting them on during the day and wearing them as I lay around.

I would think if you did it again and the same thing happened again....it would be a good assumption that it was not just a fluke and it was the patch.

I continue to like the opportunity to use the patches but money is a big problem so I use them when I can.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lhm312
Unregistered

Kam, this is really interesting because I don't think anyone has mentioned physical discomfort with the pads.

I will try them again tonight and see what happens. Since it didn't happen with the gold pads, and I have none left of them to test, I have a gut feeling it's some reaction to the copper pad products.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

fulfillment09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6492

Burning sensation does not sound normal to me since I've never heard of that before and experience that with podi patch. Especially after removing it and washed your feet. It could be an allergic reaction, but then I've never used this patch. Perhaps you should call the company and ask them.

I've been using Podi patch since August 2004 and still using it daily. I had my used patch tested by a lab recommneded by the company for 15 types of chemicals contamination and that was very helpful in knowing what's in my body.

I've been consuming an herbal product containing clay ingredient for cleansing purpose while using podi patch without any problem. I don't use the detox foot bath so I don't know the answer to that one.

I've discovered from a dear friend that AKG Naturals just have a new & improved version of Podi Patch called Heaven. I'd just got mine and I love it!!! It has almost no odor compare to our familiar smokey BBQ, stronger potency, no agaricus mushroom if you are allergic to mushroom, and adhesive comes off like butter so it WON'T require brillo pads to remove the sticky.

This new patch is fantastic for those with sensitive nose or don't have extra mismatched socks like hatsnscarf. Also the powder is packed full so I don't need to smooth them out like others to make sure it's even. I had one cheap brand before that the fine powder leaked out of the pack and I inhale them while putting them on. Not very desirable.

Sorry, lhm312 to have to experience that too. I had that before with some cheaper version patches so I know what you mean. I had CFS so bad and scrubbing off those stupid tape off of my feet was not a desirable thing to do. And then I had to lie down after that because I was exhausted.

Immediately after using Podi Patch my pain reduced and gets better as I continue. I had 3 days of being tired and then my energy increased after that. Hopefully you should have that energy eventually with your patch.

I'm glad you are doing something. Keep it up.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement