LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what can I do while I wait?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what can I do while I wait?
sarahlea1717
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahlea1717   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I'm waiting (impatiently) for my first appointment with an LLMD. It's not until February 18th *sigh*. Just recently I have been comparing symptoms that I have had for 10+ years, and I think it sounds a lot like Lyme. Doctors at Mayo don't know what I have. So the more I read about Lyme, the more it sounds like that's what it is. Now I just need to wait for my appointment, and it seems like ages away! Is there anything I can do in the mean time? I was considering buying some Samento and trying it, but I don't feel comfortable starting something like that without a doctor to supervise me. Anything I can do that won't have terrible side effects or hinder my tests that the LLMD will probably give me?

Also, I have a symptom that comes every once in a great while. It's like I can't get a full breath in. This first happened when I was on depo provera (the birth control shot) and I was having bad reactions to it. But I also had just gotten over (another!) urinary tract infection with the help of antibiotics. The symptom mostly went away, and I very rarely experience it. I also had numbness and tingling all over my body, and that I do still experience occasionally. I have plenty of other symptoms, but these two first popped up right after that UTI and while I was on depo. Has anyone had depo and reacted badly to it, or other birth control? Or perhaps the symptoms were a herx to the antiobiotics and I didn't know it.

Posts: 26 | From West Bend, WI, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Lyme Net...

The folks here are wonderful and someone will help you as soon as possible.

I was on my way to bed when I saw your post.. and I best get there before I drop! (Plus.. don't tell.. but Mel Gibson is waiting for me) ouuuuu laaaa laaaaaaa

Sooooooooo..

Any thinking needed doing to answer your questions is pretty much a no go at the moment for me.

SORRY!

Please hang in there and hopefully the morning crew will delight you with some greetings and answers.

If not.. once Mel heads back to the movie set.. I will check on you... ok?

I REALLY shouldn't act like this in front of the new members.. should I?

I MIGHT scare them away!

But then.. she MIGHT have been stuck with her first greeting from Lymetutu... who goes around dropping her drawers for the whole world to see.

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sarah,
Glad you've got your LLMD visit scheduled. As far as any supplements to help in the interim ? Some of the posters will be along that can help you with things to help fight the lyme.
As far as restorative supplements, I'd recommend magnesium, CoQ10, milk thistle, and acidophilus. These will help your depleted immune system if you do have lyme, and the acidophilus will build good flora in your intestines when you hit the ABX's.
I'd continue to take these through the antibiotic therapy as well, if you clear it with your LLMD. I know many posters here take the supplement route because they don't tolerate ABX very well. Many have had very good success with these.
Good luck, and keep us posted.

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sarah,

cant believe it ...you brought me back to one of my worst symptoms, especially because i was a sick single mother living in a new city. i was so scared this evening. i had just gotten on depo 4 days before. i had gone to sleep when i was awaken very suddenly
because it felt like something had bittten me. when i got up i started getting welts all over my body. i was getting hives and having an allergic reactio to something...didn't know yet it was the depo. next day i went to the er because i was having a hard time breathing. never connected it until now...thank you. i was just diagnosed (again) after 20 years. went from dr. to dr with a new symptom everyday

went to mayo...absolutely a waste of all my time and $$$.

try to forget about the appt.on the 18th - it will go by faster.

wish you the best
paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahlea1717
Member # 6783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahlea1717   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the information. I will do some reading and studying so I'm well prepared for my appointment. And that will keep me busy so the time will go faster.

Paisley - I had a terrible time on depo. I can't believe that they are pushing that on more on more young girls when so many have such bad problems. I was on it for over 6 months though. My symptoms were so gradual that I didn't connect them with depo at first. I gained like 30 lbs, because whenever I didn't eat I would get an acidic stomach. So I was constantly nibbling. I also had horrible mood swings, and was all around a witch to people. Now, I still occasionally get the numbness and tingling, and the acidic stomach. Both of them I didn't get until that shot. Doctors brushed it off though, of course.

Now I'm off all birth control. I was on the pill, but I've decided I'm not putting any more of that in my body.

Posts: 26 | From West Bend, WI, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying this one more time!

Sorry to hear that Lyme is probably it. Believe me, if Mayo doesn't know what it is, then it's even more likely to be Lyme!

Mayo admits that "they don't do Lyme." But I'm not a dr, just little ol Lymetutu. Don't worry about my britches dropping from time to time. It's just my way of entertaining the nitwits around here!

OK.....now....back to work! Samento would be good, but you're right about starting it without supervision ... and you wouldn't want to skew the results of any tests.

So, I would just hang in there. That's only 3 wks. You can make it!

That lack of full breath could indicate babesia. [no, I'm not a dr!] So read up on that. Be sure to get tested for that.

Are you seeing an LLMD in WI??

Also, I thought maybe the tingling and numbness MIGHT be due to systemic yeast, which can occur after extended use of antibiotics and/or birth control meds. [along with a host of other possible causes]

So...read up on that too! You'll need this info for your upcoming treatment.

well.....now I've gotta head off to bed too...take care....see ya tomorrow!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement