LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do YOU take Mepron?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do YOU take Mepron?
Wink9
Member # 4516

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Wink9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

Any advice on the best ways to get it down? It took me a long time to swallow pills as a kid, so I have had some pretty nasty liquid meds, but this has to take the cake!

Right now I am just swallowing and following up with a big chug of milk (and eating obviously).

Anyone have a special way they take theirs to lessen the blow? Beer bong??

Posts: 60 | From Ohio | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer bong, that's great.

But not enough fat. Maybe a pina colada bong?

I ate Monterey Jack jalepeno cheese right after it. Or potstickers with really spicy sauce. Or try sushi with wasabi sauce before and after (but don't forget to eat enough fat).

But overall -- nope, it's yellow snot and there's nothing you can do about it. Worked great for me, though.

Take the artemesinin too, it really seems to contribute to overall effectiveness.

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it after a full meal and quickly/immediately wash it down with loads of water, so I don't even taste it really.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take mine followed by a spoonfull of either flax oil, olive oil or nut butter & a meal of course.
Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barngirl
Member # 6391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL LOL Wink9.

I think the price bothers me a lot more than the taste.

I think mepron tastes good. And so does my 4 year old. She was 3 when she started it and took it for 6 months. We took it with our meal or with a glass of milk. Ice cream is a good one too.

Oh, I would give it to her in a syringe.

I just had her rechecked for babesia. Waiting for results. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

[This message has been edited by Barngirl (edited 30 January 2005).]

Posts: 62 | From MD | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the taste.

But I did chug alot of water down with it. And somethign fatty, or it won't be absorbed.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement