LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone seing Dr. F in SE Pa?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone seing Dr. F in SE Pa?
OnceAgain
Member # 5212

Icon 7 posted      Profile for OnceAgain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone is seeing this doc. I have had a few appointments and I am hopeful that I may someday feel better. Anyone out there have any more info about their experience with this doc?

Thanks!

Posts: 11 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth25
Member # 6270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a Dr. F in Southeast PA - am wondering if it's the same one you're asking about...my Dr has first name that starts with P.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been seeing Dr PF in KS for several years.

We are finally getting better. He too was very ill with lyme and then complications. He was his sickest and not seeing patients when I was my sickest. It was not getting well himself with the one month plan that motivated him to learn as much as possible about TBI as possible.

His approach is wholistic. He was able to pin point why my immune system was compromised. Correcting the nutritional issues has lead to a rapid recovery on my part.

He treats all three of us for TBI. We are very pleased with our progress.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he treat using antibiotics or just alternatives. Does he treat with samento? Thanks
Posts: 340 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceAgain
Member # 5212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceAgain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all talking about the same doc. I'm so anxious for a diagnosis but of course I know that takes time. I'm trying to think that I've waited this long and I need to be patient. Do you know if he uses the Igenex labs for tests? I've been started on Zithromax and I must say my thinking is a bit clearer...thank GOD! I have the other symptoms but one step at a time. How long did it take you folks to be diagnosed by this doc?

Samento has not been mentioned to me yet so Fish I don't have any info on that.

Thanks everyone!

Posts: 11 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtnSoul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtnSoul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of my children (ages 18 & 16) and myself see Dr. F.

He is the one who diagnosed us. He prescribed abx at our first appointment. He treats with oral abx and other alternative methods. He is very open with you and wants you to take a big part in your treatment.

We like him very much, and have been seeing him for over a year now - we all have a long haul ahead of us.

I have probably had lyme since I was a small child - about 37 years, and my kids have had it all their lives - got it from me during pregnancy.

Posts: 416 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both
Posts: 340 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wholistic? Alternative? Dr. PF?

I musta missed something.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barrie
Member # 1796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barrie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister goes to him. I know she could tell you her experience with him. Contact her at [email protected]
Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He diagnoses clinically using bloodwork to support and track lyme and the co-infections. So don't fret, if you have symptoms he will listen.

Because he uses results for tracking he uses the lab your insurance pays for and tests regularly. It is interesting to see the variety of results we have had over two years. He says it is something about the disease not the labs. Anyway that is neither here nor there.

Many of his patients use adjunct, herbal and a bit experimental therapies. There are some he feels strongly against. He believes "we" are working toward the answers and is open to many things because he has discovered that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. THere are other factors that play a roll to wellness and he explores those.

He treats agressively with abx. He diagnosed my son, although I already knew, my son had a +WB but KF (ped group) denied my son had lyme. I had been seeing someone else when I took my son to PF, and was told I was still sick and was put back on abx at my son's appointment. The Dr. was right of cousre.

He is a bit overworked and tired at times himself.

Mel

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
falloutboy
Member # 6592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for falloutboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got my first visit with him thursday - I've gotten his name via word-of-mouth from a friend who had him diagnose two family members.
Posts: 7 | From Valley Forge, PA, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FaithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FaithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone email me privately and tell me who this Dr. F is? Thanks.. my email is [email protected] I do see a doctor in my area, but would like to have someone to fall back on
Posts: 802 | From Reading, PA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceAgain
Member # 5212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceAgain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent ya an email FaithHope!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement