LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Email addresses to contact Maryland Senators

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Email addresses to contact Maryland Senators
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you would like to write in Support of the Lyme Disease bill.. SB596... please feel free to use these email addresses for the Maryland Senators. Just copy and paste.. and you are ready to rock and roll.

I was told letters are equal to what is considered "testimony".. it just isn't stored in files forever and ever. But it serves the purpose and carries equal weight.

So, please feel free to drop these folks your thoughts on WHY we need insurance coverage.. and WHY we need our doctors protected (no names please).... and WHY we need our doctors to do what needs to be done concerning treatment, instead of being restricted to an outdated treatment protocol that has high failure rates.

Thanks for your support!

PS .. Letters should be in by March 8th, 2005.

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected], [email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected], [email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected],

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 26 February 2005).]

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I say thank you?

If not..

THANKS!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 26 February 2005).]

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barngirl
Member # 6391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your a doll Tincup!

Look at all of the email addresses you put together for us!!

Posts: 62 | From MD | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, thanks for email addresses with the comma after them!

Now we can just do a block copy and send ONE email to all the senators' names in the SEND line!

That's what I did for Penn & NY when I sent my letter from an Iowan; now I'm on a Penn. woman senator's mailing list. I've asked to be unsubscribed, but she's keeping me around! LOL.

I'll send my email tomorrow; time's up today.

Betty G.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC or any other Marylander,

Please show the direct web link of this bill so we can read it first,
========================
and then send our email to ALL your enators.

Thanks; these 2 things go hand & hand; we wnt to sound intelligent when we email them.

Yeh, I know, brain fog will have to clear up so we can do this.....

Betty G.

Posts: 1 | From US | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay tuned..

Cheryl has generously offered to put all the info on ONE site for us.

What a WONDERFUL idea. It sure saves MY big butt from having to jump back and forth.

THANKS CHERYL!!!

I will post the link on Lyme Info here when it is ready.

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done...
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup - Thanks for the email list and separators! Sent it along to my Mom on the Eastern Shore as well who saw me through my determination to get diagnosed - it took two states, 15+ doctors and 7 months but I got there.

Hey I know it says you are from the Moon but I was wondering if it is the same part of the Moon where I grew up near Annapolis ;0)

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Tincup, I see your list is correct.

If any of you use Cheryl's that I got today in my digest form, their is an error....

If any of you have problems sending this to the LIST of ALL MARYLAND SENATORS, here is the reason why:

, Nancy Jacob

it's the COMMA BEFORE Nancy's name that is causing your email not to send, so DELETE the preceding comma as there are TWO , , that are together causing this to occur.

I sent a private email to Tincup & Rose for Cheryl at lymeinfo so they could each EDIT their list of names and correct this minor problem.

I tried for 30 minutes sending and finally discovered what happend .. a simple mistake.

I sent mine and copied Tincup & Rose/Cheryl.
============================================

Way to go Tincup, all Marylanders, & the rest of us OUT - OF - STATERS wanting to make a difference so we can approach our OWN state's legislature next year!

Betty G., Iowa

Cheryl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hola Betty!

I see you just posted this just now, but I corrected the problem yesterday at the website. At least, I HOPE it's corrected! LOL Please let me know when you experienced this. Have you refreshed the website and still had the problem? I hope it's working now. Still need to write my own letter, so I haven't actually tried it.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Cheryl, it happened to me YESTERDAY, 3-1 perhaps around 2 pm.

I haven't been back to your site to check it out...just wanted to alert you & others if they had problems, what the solution was so theirs would go.

Betty G., Iowa

You & TC work so well together! helps us all

Cheryl
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I haven't made any changes since correcting it on Monday, and I absolutely cannot find the problem now. Looks fine to me. I sure hope it's ok. Have you refreshed/reloaded the site?
http://www.lymeinfo.net/marylandlymedisease.html

Cheryl

Posts: 1547 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup Darling -

OK - I'm clearly not from the North - and politics generally gives me diarrhea...BUT I'm willing to do whatever I need to for THE CAUSE....even use my real, (gulp) name.

Wait! I'm hyperventilating.

But before I put forth the @#$% effort - is it gonna make a tinker's d#mn for a Texas gal to send her opinion to the yankee lawmakers?

I mean, it's not like I can threaten not to vote for them...or course I could like & tell them that "W" is one of my uncles twice removed & that I'll have him poo-poo all over any of their other state business.

I'll probably have the FBI or CIA watching me after that, 'cause you know I can't get through writing much of anything without cussing.

Anyway, just looking for an opinion....and continuing to bump up this topic for anyone just now pulling their head out of their @$$ -- like me.

------------------
DR. Wiseass - not a real doc - just a real wise ass.
www.twistoflyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for a response
Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bg
Member # 46416

Cheryl, I tried going to your web site now, but when I clicked on senator's list, it said my default was not working properly for this. Never had that show up before.

I'm sure you got it all straightened out. I just wanted anyone else to know, like me who took the time to write & email, IF they too might have the same problem, here was the simple solution.

Dr. W,

From what you wrote above, I would have to say NO, your letter would not help because as you stated, "'cause you know I can't get through writing much of anything without CUSSING."

IF you could write a letter and leave out ALL CUSS words, I'm sure you could be very effective in this effort. I've read many of your replies when I was responding to someone else's & perhaps even your post.

But cussing there and here, turns people off. Once you get to that point when the cussing and acquisations start, the reader quits and will NOT return to it.

Sorry, but I do found your nickname offensive. When I joined last fall, it was really frowned on using any cuss words on here, and now I've noticed more & more including your posts/replies.

I personally like Dr. Wise ... just leave off the rest of it.

You asked for an opinion, and that is mine. I have not meant to offend you in any manner. Some folks have are gifted with tact. I'm a farmer's daughter, and just raised to tell the truth.

I hope we can continue having good dialogue going, just without all the cuss words.

Would you change your nickname please? It just sets a tone for new members that they can use any cuss word in their screen nickname.

Dr. W., thanks for your consideration of my comments. This is the 1st time I've taken issue with anyone on an issue since joining. I do not intend to make it a habit again.

Life is too precious; let's use all our rage on changing the MD/legal systems, and not on each other as we're all fighting for our lives....ok.

Betty G., Iowa

Got to get ready for my full body massage to ease all the 24/7 fibromyalgia pain, etc. in my body.

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EJ Pipkin responded to my email within the hour of sending it
Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 3 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up!!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure that Dr WA did not cuss in her letter.

Believe me when I say she is extremely eloquent when she needs to be and is one of the better writers on Lymenet.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Jill -

I DID mention you're like my new best friend, right?

How bout moving to TX - I ain't got me a lot of friends these days - keep p*$$ing them off quite regular...must be the neuro-psychiatric manifestations of Lyme that are causing me to have a "mild" form of Tourette's syndrome. (Some people just don't understand.)

Besides, we ain't go no Lyme here in Texas...haven't you heard?

So you just pack your bags girl, I'll see what I can't do to drive my neighbor away.

I'll use the above mentioned neuro-psychiatric manifestations of chronic late stage Lyme to my advantage.

"Use what you got"...that's my motto. Well, not really, I just made it up.

Eloquent? Well, I'll be @#$%ed! Thanks!

------------------
DR. Wiseass - not a real doc - just a real wise ass.
www.twistoflyme.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement