LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feeling really down-please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling really down-please help
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IBelieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was feeling so much better for awhile. I returned to work and was starting to enjoy life again. Now every day I am feeling worse. Last night one of my husband's co-workers wife committed suicide. Do you know what my first thought was? I wish it was me. I feel like I am never going to get better and never enjoy life again. I have so much pain in both of my jaws. It causes me to have severe headaches. Please help me.
Posts: 48 | From New Hampshrie | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marblenose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6477

Icon 12 posted      Profile for marblenose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IBelieve,
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I am so sorry for the loss of our "old" life.
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have felt that way many times.
Ther is no magic wand or "perfect' words I can write to comfort you. Just know you are not alone in this and people in the world care about you sight unseen!
I send you light and the healing of your choice.
Blessings,
Marblenose

Posts: 287 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IB, to be honest, I have felt a little this way and I do not think I have lyme disease but do worry about some symptoms that are consistent with lyme disease.

I dispair over the disease because my daughter is so very ill and has tried this route so many times..I currently see little hope for her recovery and the pain and heartache is more than anyone can bear.Much of her hate and psychiatric problems are dumped on me in one way or other.

But then I wake out of it and realize how utterly stupid it would be to do something so assanine.(?sp). I will continue to put one foot in front of the other and try to muddle thru..Somehow we will win out over this Hell. And all will be stronger for it.An occasional success story or major improvement story helps to keep me going.

Hang in there and understand that many can share your pain and anguish but we will survive..lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLD ON HANG IN THERE Have faith I know its really hard.
Dont think like that co'worker did it may be over here but its not over in the next place. Love Tree

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was at my worst, I found myself wishing a Mack truck would veer into my lane. I don't think these are uncommon thoughts in the grip of pain and suffering. It took me about 2 years to have more good days than bad. I thought they would never come but they did. I'm glad that truck didn't didn't cross the line. If a wimp like me found the strength to deal with it am betting you will too!
Posts: 228 | From Wassaic NY. USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there. This is a terrible disease, but you CAN win! Make it your life's mission [literally] to get yourself well.

I'm very sorry your friend took her life. Don't be the next one, please! You CAN do this! We'll be here to support you!

HUGS FOR YOU!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IBelieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your replies. You don't know how much it helps, but then again, you probably do as most of you have been where I am now before. The pain is what makes it so discouraging. I can deal with a low energy level, but constant pain truly sucks the life out of you.
Thanks Again

Posts: 48 | From New Hampshrie | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IBelieve:
I can deal with a low energy level, but constant pain truly sucks the life out of you.

Absolutely!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emergency numbers to remember:

When in sorrow, call John 14
When you have sinned, call Psalm 51
When God seems far away, call Psalm 139
When your faith needs stirring, call Hebrews 11
When you are lonely and fearful, call Psalm 23
When you grow bitter and critical, call 1 Cor. 13
For Paul's secret to happiness, call Col. 3:12-17
When you feel down and out, call Romans 8:31-39
When you want peace and rest, call Matt. 11:25-30
When the world seems bigger than God, call Psalm 90
When your prayers grow narrow or selfish, call Psalm 67
If you are depressed, call Psalm 27
If your loosing confidence in people, call 1 Cor. 13

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, IB it is the pain that really made me think life was no longer worth living........

I have been in treatment 11 months now......the pain is considerably less. I found myself singing in the car the other day ( the windows were up and I was alone).....I am begining to have times of happiness. I thought allof this was gone forever.

It is not gone..........you have to hold on..........you will be happy again.

I was infected for only 5 months befor treatment and it has taken 11 months to see some relief...........if your infection ws stronger your ride may be longer.

I am not where I wanna be yet...but I will get there.

Hope this helps,

robi

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IB
so sorry abt the pain and shock that comes from someone else's suicide. Glad it's not you!

I wish I had some wonderful words for you abt when your pain will subside... I don't.

I know pain can move and change and subside and return. And sometimes disappear completely.

I wish you surrounded with love and healing and peace. I pray your pain melts away and is substituted with joy!

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement