LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Does anyone use Dr D in Boston?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone use Dr D in Boston?
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IBelieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone use Dr D in Boston? And if so, are you happy with his treatment? I will be seeing him in approx. 3 weeks.
Also, what can I do to best prepare for the visit?
Thanks

Posts: 48 | From New Hampshrie | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not many here do as far as I know. I would make sure you ask to be tested for babesia.

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IBelieve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why babesia?
Posts: 48 | From New Hampshrie | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you email me? Click on the postcard icon above.
Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IBelieve,

Let me know how your appointment goes, I'll be seeing him mid-April.

[This message has been edited by DJP (edited 04 March 2005).]

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

No other patients of Dr. D??
ArtistDi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Past patient, years ago. Did not test for
co-infections, which I later found out I had.
Communication is basically by email.

Very nice man, well-educated. At the time,
took my insurance if that helps. I would
request additional testing for mycoplasmas,
as well as co-infections, which require
different antibiotics for eradication.

Generally I found that there were two different protocols--Biaxin/Plaquenil and
then Tetracycline. Meds not dosed according
to body weight etc.

Not a match for me, but that is my particular
history.

[This message has been edited by ArtistDi (edited 05 March 2005).]

[This message has been edited by ArtistDi (edited 05 March 2005).]

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to dr. D originally....he only rx two treatments for me, adn would not treat or test me for coinfections..did not believe them...I got much sicker.so i left him...and went to a different llmd...

and now after 2 adn 1/2 years adn treatment for coinfections, that 'supposidly' don't exist, I am much better.

Nice man...I wouldn't go back to him as a llmd...just my opinion of course. He is one of the few that takes insurance though...which is a plus..but I had to outweigh that with my health and well-being, adn chose to leave and move onto a different llmd, thanks to the kind people on this website...

very happy I did. "But others who had no coinfectios have done well with him...

Lisa

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a friend that has been with him for three years, and she has only been on tetra and biaxin.

She asked about coinfections and was almost kicked out of his office.

She is still sick as she was when she started with him. Bottom line, her symptoms say babesia, big time.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm another past patient of Dr. D. He was my first LLMD, diagnosed me, listened to me, and was a nice guy. His protocol helped me for a while but when I had trouble with one of his treatments he did not offer me any more options. He also didn't test for co-infections. Later found out I have Babesia and Bartonella. As others have said, he's a nice guy, but I personally wouldn't go back to him for Lyme.

--Annie

------------------

Click here to join Lyme Pals.

Click here to see my Lyme journal.

Lyme Out Retreat Information Webpage

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Dr. D. in December and will have my next visit in 3 weeks. Maybe I'm lucky but his treatment (tetracycline) is working very well for me.

IMO he is knowledgeable & caring. It was a refreshing change after the other Drs. I had been to who didn't understand anything about LD.

He did not test for co-infections. He did review all my other tests and asked lots of questions.

h&s

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am a patient of Dr.D's. He saved my life.

I have had lyme for over 11 years and am now off all medications and am doing well.

While I don't think I will ever be completely cured, I am happy with the care I received from Dr.D.

I went from lying on the couch in pain everyday, strung out on vicodin just to get me thorough the day...

To being healthy again. I am off all meds, and able to work again, I am able to play with my kids again and am so thankful that I wake up most days feeling healthy and happy.

And I owe it all to Dr.D.

God Bless,
~LymeBrat

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymebrat~ thanks for your encouraging letter. It gave me hope.

Why don't you think you'll ever be "completely cured?" Do you still have symtoms?

Tina

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chainsaw joseph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chainsaw joseph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been on tetra with dr d for pushing 3 months now.Ive been really neuro sick for two and a half years and have tried a few other llmd.The tetra has been bar far the best antibiotic for me although I will tell you that I was treated for co-infections from another doctor.I tried doxcy,mino,biaxin,zith and the tetra is easily the best for me so far.I find the tetra is easy to handle compared to other antibiotics such as mino.My brain is more my own,I am sleeping a little better and have a little bit more energy,I hope it keeps up but am glad I was treated for co infections just in case.
Posts: 308 | From new bedford,Ma. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IBelieve
Member # 6834

Thanks all!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement